#9 Scaife to Rutgers | The Boneyard

#9 Scaife to Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Congrats!!!!

Great pick-up especially after the posts you collected in 2012.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Pickup for Rutgers. Go down to Arkansas and take good talent away from the ACC & SEC. IMHO Big loss for the Lady Vols.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Anyone know the story on Jessica Jackson (6-3 F Arkansas) who verbal to the Razorbacks and now is undecided? She is a Top 50 kid. Maybe even top 20.

Was suppose to sign this week but decided not too.......

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Great Pickup for Rutgers. Go down to Arkansas and take good talent away from the ACC & SEC. IMHO Big loss for the Lady Vols.

It was like that last year too, Rutgers got 2 recruits from Georgia, and one from Mississippi. So the South has been good to us. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good for Tyler and CViv.

Tennessee recruiting was pretty good this year--with Russell and Tucker--but way below what those on the Orange Kool Aid were predicting.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Congrats to Rutgers. As for TN, she was known to be a long shot, but the hope was there any way. Thisvis not far below what TN expected. The staff hoped to sign 3 - 4 and avoid large classes, so mission accomplished. Moving forward now to 2014.

Reaction Score
glad she picked the lesser of two evils

Lesser-of-Two-Weevils_3896-l.jpg

U

UCONNfan1

Their fans disagree. They actually started Carter as the PG over Massengale last game and also have Tucker so apparently they didn't "need" her.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Their fans disagree. They actually started Carter as the PG over Massengale last game and also have Tucker so apparently they didn't "need" her.
And conversely, Tenenssee's coaching staff disagrees given that they actively recruited her and were there to the end. :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It was like that last year too, Rutgers got 2 recruits from Georgia, and one from Mississippi. So the South has been good to us. :)
Not to mention April Sykes, right?

U

UCONNfan1

And conversely, Tenenssee's coaching staff disagrees given that they actively recruited her and were there to the end. :)
Not disagreeing there lol. But I do agree to an extend that they have 2 PG's - Massengale (2011), Carter (2012) and Tucker (2-guard) so they could have easily used her. But now they are focused on trying to land Canada, Caldwell or Mitchell. Plus there are several lower rated guards they are after too. I'm sure they feel they will land at least a guard or 2 from 2014. They've already shown they can recruit the top 10 kids in the post-Pat era.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Not to mention April Sykes, right?

I suppose, if that's the case you could throw Chelsey Lee, and Erica Wheeler in also as they are from Florida.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Congrats to Rutgers. As for TN, she was known to be a long shot, but the hope was there any way. Thisvis not far below what TN expected. The staff hoped to sign 3 - 4 and avoid large classes, so mission accomplished. Moving forward now to 2014.

DeShields
Davis
Scaife
Reimer
Gray
Greenwell
Mavunga

A very large net to get 3 players. I'm sure TN would have said yes to 2-3 more if they wanted to come.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
DeShields
Davis
Scaife
Reimer
Gray
Greenwell
Mavunga

A very large net to get 3 players. I'm sure TN would have said yes to 2-3 more if they wanted to come.

You could add Cooper as well .... but of course TN didnt need her after Russell committed :rolleyes:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Anyone know the story on Jessica Jackson (6-3 F Arkansas) who verbal to the Razorbacks and now is undecided? She is a Top 50 kid. Maybe even top 20.

Was suppose to sign this week but decided not too.......

Very interesting development. I think this is a pretty clear sign that she does not want to go to Arkansas. I am hoping Baylor is back in the mix.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for Tyler and CViv.

Tennessee recruiting was pretty good this year--with Russell and Tucker--but way below what those on the Orange Kool Aid were predicting.
Totally agree. They were thinking they really had a great shot to land the top 3 kids. Then after they lost out on DD, felt they were going to get Russell and Davis, and made comments like "we may take a class of 4 - getting 3 or 4 of the top 10 kids". They ended up getting a top 3 player, a top 10 player, and a top 40 player. Nothing like the last 2 UCONN classes (our 2011 and 2012) but certainly a fantastic class for a new HC starting after their legendary coach stepped down.

Anyway, so glad to see RU land Scaife. They continue to recruit well, but i found an article somewhere on here where the writer talked about RU landing good recruits and having good teams, but the writer felt Stringer completely held back her teams offensively. It was one of the best write ups I've seen analyzing Rutgers offensive problems. Still, a great get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom