9 months | Page 3 | The Boneyard

9 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we don't improve markedly, we're looking at 2-10 again. If we're lucky.

Nova? Army? Tulsa? Houston?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We just gotta be able to beat USF at home. The only time I believe we've ever lost to them at the rent was the debut of Tim Boyle and that game was horribly mismanaged aside from Boyles awful play.

Reaction Score
I can care less if he takes responsibility because the responsibility is shared between him and the players. They are a team a unity. They lose together they win together.

Reaction Score
I get hardy laughs from your posts.
The only criticizing You and Jimmy S will be doing next season is why Diaco blew you off after inviting him over for pasta

Reaction Score
I can care less if he takes responsibility because the responsibility is shared between him and the players. They are a team a unity. They lose together they win together.
You really got that message from Diaco's words after Army?

Reaction Score

That's nice. The players really responded well to the "shared responsibility" he demonstrated after the Army game. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That's nice. The players really responded well to the "shared responsibility" he demonstrated after the Army game. :rolleyes:
He said they are better than when he got there I think it was meant to be a compliment not him tooting his own horn

Reaction Score
with sins committed fall semester

this asst coach needs to leave the coaching booth, return pronto to notre dame and get in their confessional booth

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The villagers will be grabbing pitchforks and torches if we don't beat 'Nova on opening day. I remain a Diacolyte (albeit somewhat abashed) but you only get one year for foundation building; year two you have to start playing the games.

If we lose to Villanova, there won't be pitchforks. There will be widespread indifference. No one is going to get angry if Diaco pours some more gasoline into the UConn football program dumpster fire, they will simply check out. The 25k or so fans that show up in September will be there for the party, and the 8-10k that show up in November should check into rehab.

Reaction Score
He said they are better than when he got there I think it was meant to be a compliment not him tooting his own horn

And he is either lying or delusional.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Didn't you all hear? Diaco says we are right in the middle of turning the corner. It just that the wins have not caught up yet. He also has the balls to argue that he could have won 4 or 5 games but that was not his objective this season. I wish I knew that before forking over $$ for season tickets. The thing about a great Bullsh!tter is the uncanny ability to keep folks believing in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. We either have a certified genius or pyscho on our hands. There is no in between. So far the scales point towards delusional flake.
turning the corner today should be done with caution - extremely slippery out.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this makes me a Diacolyte or not but the one broad metric I wanted to see, which was a team improving over the course of 2014, we did not see in any area except possibly the OL. As of now, I kind of expect us to have a hard time with Nova to start 2015, but the same expectation will apply for the overall season, which is overall improvement so that the team looks better in November/December than they do in Sept/Oct. Which is a long winded way of saying I'm not going to put a lot of weight on whether we win or lose vs. Nova...

...unless we get outclassed like we did vs. Towson. Which would suck balls (and honestly would any of us be shocked at it) but would be forgiven if and only if we actually finally turn the corner in a tangible way in the next few games after that.
Ugh, I like your post until you said your not going to put a lot of weight on whether or not we beat Nova. Like you said our Oline improved the most. We should be able to overwhelm phyisically upfront with both our lines. All the talk about Matt Balis and strength and conditioning, no way should losing to Nova be acceptable. The only lineman currently not expected back is Bj McBryde.

I think we can conclude, this was Diaco's "free year". Tore it down, did it his way, sacrificed wins for the sake of "development", if you believe what he says. Year 2, no way can a loss to Nova be categorized as acceptable. He has to start earning his salary by year 2 and beat a goshdarn FCS opponent no matter how good they are.

Reaction Score
Ah I kid, I kid. I will say though that I was much more excited at the prospect of bringing mini CTMike to a game before this season unfolded. Now I just hope we aren't putrid before the kid can remember it.

Speaking of putrid, the question is which will be worse, the product Coach Diaco puts on the field or the product mini Mike puts in his diaper.

Reaction Score
Most reasonable people would agree that Villanova has a better football team than UConn in December of 2014.

Well Bobby, you've got 9 months to put together a team that can beat them.

If any of you Diaco Apostles would like to go on the record that setting the expectation that UConn beats Villanova at home is unfair - here is your chance to go on the record.

I think this sucks. Shame on you calling out other fans. You're an A. Do you think you are hurting more? We already know you think you're the smartest guy in the room. You're a clown.

Reaction Score
Diaco has proven he can tear a program down. Now he needs to prove he can rebuild it. The first test is against a quality FCS opponent, that no matter how good they are, should be driven hard into the ground like a rental car.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So now we are bargaining for 5 or even 4 wins? WTF, this isn't the SEC. It's not even the ACC and much closer to the NEC than we'd all like to admit.

6 wins, minimum. That's the test. If this current incarnation of Huskymania is going anywhere, that is not a tough ask.

I can count 3 of the bat, no excuse win the freaking games. The rest come from the cup cake factory that is the AAC.

Missouri and BYU, enjoy the scenery and grab a t shirt. But the rest, who the flip are we worried about. It's low level college football. Get your act together and go compete.

Reaction Score
What's all the worry about Diaco? He has everything under control. In fact right now the cleaners are scrubbing the locker room and painters are putting a new coat in the lounge. The dietician is adjusting the food intake (quality and quantity) and finally he is having the indoor field vacuumed to get up the dust. Everything is looking good!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My first kid will be here by then. If we win, he's good luck. If not he will be sacrificed. It's up to you, Diaco...

Coffee out of my nose over this. Well played. :)

Reaction Score
Diaco has proven he can tear a program down. Now he needs to prove he can rebuild it. The first test is against a quality FCS opponent, that no matter how good they are, should be driven hard into the ground like a rental car.
It can take at least a year to fix poor body composition. I am just glad it got identified and that was the first priority

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It can take at least a year to fix poor body composition. I am just glad it got identified and that was the first priority

I like you and respect you, dude, but let's be honest about this. If we were losing games because of body composition, then winning against UCF would have been impossible. Competing with ECU to the very end would have been impossible. Period. End of story.

It's not like the players did zero lifting or strength training last year. It's not like we had zero team speed from last year. I hope Matt Balis does some nice work, and I hope the Vitamin D supplements make everyone feel better. But if you think we lost multiple games to bad teams because of "body composition", then I have some land to sell you in the Everglades...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom