9:30 pm is TOO LATE | Page 3 | The Boneyard

9:30 pm is TOO LATE

Reaction Score
Yes if you are still farming, it's too late .. otherwise, it's prime time, eh?

Reaction Score
ESPN is at it again. They figure UConn can win the ratings, plus adding in the top West coast team Stanford.

The fact of the matter is if you are 60+ its too late.
Hey - even for those of us in our 40s, it can be a struggle. I plan on having at least one cup of coffee before I get my beers out of the fridge to stay alert.
How about taking a nap before the game?
Naps are highly underrated, for EVERYTHING in life!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I won’t see 75 again. A late afternoon nap helps making it til midnight east coast helps a lot.

Reaction Score
We’re becoming a fan base of whiners
Posters on the 'yard, whenever these threads start going off...

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
ESPN is at it again. They figure UConn can win the ratings, plus adding in the top West coast team Stanford.

If you are 60+ it's too late? Too late for what? You must be more specific. There are just so many things that it could be! :oops:

Atleast5char

I did it; I let the dogs out.
Reaction Score
Yes, I'm a little on the other side of 60 and am a night owl. What I think is that 9:30 PM is possibly too late for the players.
I just realized it will be 8:30 for them, not that bad.
You must not know any college students. On weekends none of them are in bed before 3 AM.
Are they playing in national semi-final games? :)

Reaction Score
Edited: South Carolina is the #1 seed so they get the earlier time, just like UConn played the early games in the early rounds.

Not everyone is against UConn :rolleyes: Can we please stop looking for conspiracies?
Not only that, but it'll be 8:30 in the time zone they'll be playing in.

Reaction Score
I don't like the late starts because I don't think they have been very kind to us. Geno has said something about the team having to sit around extra longer than normal.
Doesn't the opponent have to wait around also?

Reaction Score
It does matter. Why was Liv missing layup after layup last year's semi-final, and Edwards too even though she had a great tournament up to that point? It's not because they can't make layups. It's because they were taking those shots at around 11:00 pm when their natural body clocks were telling them it was time to go to sleep. Do you think they miss all those shots at 4:00 in the afternoon?

Look, I'm not trying to turn this into a "we're doomed" thread. I just wish that they would be consistent in giving the overall number one seed the early game each and every year. And consider moving the semi-final games to earlier time shots, even though it would negatively affect the ratings to some degree.
Doesn't the opponent paly at the same time?

Reaction Score
It does matter. Geno has said so himself. The staff tries to mitigate this by shifting the players' days by having them go to bed and wake up a little later, have meals a little later, basically just shifting their entire day a couple of hours later. Not sure how effective that all is, but at least the staff tries to do something about it. Geno says he doesn't like having the team sit around all day and evening waiting to go. I get the feeling if the team had its way they'd have an afternoon start, like a 2 or 3 PM tip.
Ask Geno if the opponent is playing at a different time

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And CT is too cold.
If you are 70+. like me, move to California, like me, and see the game at 6:30.
Works for all years.:cool::confused::oops:
I remember liking Monday Night Football being on during Happy Hour when I was out there.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

Hey ESPN... GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

GIF by Giphy QA

Reaction Score
I remember liking Monday Night Football being on during Happy Hour when I was out there.
Back in the 90s, I visited my UConn roommate who served in the Air Force at March AFB. We went on a bus trip with another UConn dormmate to see the Rams play the Giants in Annaheim which was a 1PM start out there. It was nice watching the early games which must have begun around 10AM there while tailgating. That was enjoyable.

Naturally, the Giants fans started some fights with the LA Fans. The Giants fans had their weight lifting gloves on and were ready to rumble. The LA fans retort was get a sun tan.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Don't tell Geno.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you're 60+, record the game. Then, watch it at 3:00 a.m when that midterm insomnia makes its regular appearance. It's great to be able to zip through the commercials and watch an entire game in about an hour. Then, enjoy a glass of Metamucil and go back to sleep for a few hours.

Seriously, I hate that networks schedule college basketball games in 2 hour blocks. The second game almost never starts on time, much less a tournament game. In fact, we'll be lucky if the game against Stanford starts before 9:45.
You can also plan a nap during SC / LOUISVILLE. Game will be defense dominated. I predict both teams below 60

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom