#7 UConn v. #13 UMass Lowell River Hawks (Friday 11/18/22 @ 7:05p @Tsongas Center & Saturday 11/19/22 @ 3:35p @XL Center). Both games on ESPN+ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#7 UConn v. #13 UMass Lowell River Hawks (Friday 11/18/22 @ 7:05p @Tsongas Center & Saturday 11/19/22 @ 3:35p @XL Center). Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Like UC15 said the five hole was WIIIIDE open but Capone went post on a backhand which was a much tougher shot to make. Things happen quick though and he was probably just reacting at that point.
We outshot them 5-1 in OT, oh well.
Let’s try to not have ANY boarding calls tomorrow please!
The power play discrepancy was off the charts. Not often in hockey history you’ll see the same kid in the box 3 times in 7 minutes
I’m a definite homer but there has been a serious discrepancy since 2014-15. The refs just hate us…or Cav.

Reaction Score
I missed tverbergs triple play of penalties. What the hell happened.

Reaction Score
I missed tverbergs triple play of penalties. What the hell happened.
1st Penalty: Interference,
- Faceoff was in the neutral zone Tverberg shoved his stick into the UML player left skate as the 2nd attempt puck drop was about to take place and the UML player fell. Now Tverberg and the UML player were chirping at one another, the UML player did tap Tverberg on the pants/legs and it definitely agitated Tverberg into taking a stupid penalty. I would label this as ticky-tack because I've seen a lot of refs go over and warn both guys and tell them to knock it off. Its stupid penalty for sure but was it necessary to call like both guys were kinda going at it with each other?

2nd Penalty: Interference
- As his first penalty expires (its 4v4 at this point because UML took a too-many-men penalty while on the PP) the penalty box door opens and UML player happens to be going through the neutral zone with the puck within a reach of Tverberg, his front foot is on the ice but his back foot is still in the box/ not on the ice he pokes the puck loose from the UML player which would have led to an odd-man rush for Uconn. They blew the play dead pretty much immediately. Now I've never seen this but I'm guessing you aren't allowed to touch the puck/affect the game without establishing yourself in play first either coming out of the box or from your bench. If somebody knows for sure and can explain that penalty it would be appreciated.

3rd Penalty: Slashing
- Pretty sure he was just frustrated at this point, couldn't really see it on ESPN+ but I believe it occurred below the goal line in the UML zone while going for a loose puck.

The Wood penalty was probably the most egregious of any tonight. UML defender completely sells the "slash" after he shoves Wood away from his goalie which Wood really wasn't that close to anyway. Hockey East officials are just so inconsistent on a night-to-night basis. You'll see that same exact scenario throughout a season and it'll never get called, it sucks it got called then on Uconn. They had just scored to tie it 1-1 and had momentum then they have to go on the pk.

Reaction Score
One was slashing
One was leaving too early / interference ?
One was ?

Reaction Score
- Faceoff was in the neutral zone Tverberg shoved his stick into the UML player left skate as the 2nd attempt puck drop was about to take place and the UML player fell. Now Tverberg and the UML player were chirping at one another, the UML player did tap Tverberg on the pants/legs and it definitely agitated Tverberg into taking a stupid penalty. I would label this as ticky-tack because I've seen a lot of refs go over and warn both guys and tell them to knock it off. Its stupid penalty for sure but was it necessary to call like both guys were kinda going at it with each other?

- As his first penalty expires (its 4v4 at this point because UML took a too-many-men penalty while on the PP) the penalty box door opens and UML player happens to be going through the neutral zone with the puck within a reach of Tverberg, his front foot is on the ice but his back foot is still in the box/ not on the ice he pokes the puck loose from the UML player which would have led to an odd-man rush for Uconn. They blew the play dead pretty much immediately. Now I've never seen this but I'm guessing you aren't allowed to touch the puck/affect the game without establishing yourself in play first either coming out of the box or from your bench. If somebody knows for sure and can explain that penalty it would be appreciated.

- Pretty sure he was just frustrated at this point, couldn't really see it on ESPN+ but I believe it occurred below the goal line in the UML zone while going for a loose puck.

The Wood penalty was probably the most egregious of any tonight. UML defender completely sells the "slash" after he shoves Wood away from his goalie which Wood really wasn't that close to anyway. Hockey East officials are just so inconsistent on a night-to-night basis. You'll see that same exact scenario throughout a season and it'll never get called, it sucks it got called then on Uconn. They had just scored to tie it 1-1 and had momentum then they have to go on the pk.
^^^
1 @ 9:01
2 @ 11:06
3 @ 13:44

3 penalties in 4 minutes and 43 seconds!!!

Reaction Score
Was at the game. Great crowd in Lowell. Probably our “worst” game other than the BU loss. Lowell was very physical and beat us to a lot of pucks, things we usually do better than our opponents. We didn’t quite have the energy and edge we typically have I will say. Assuming that changes tonight.

Our two goals were more from their goalie being soft than anything (not that I’m complaining). The triple penalties on Tver was incredible. Never seen something like that. Whether they were all deserved I honestly don’t know. The one on Wood though was beyond dumb, should have been a flop on Lowell. With that said, the Lowell fans obviously thought the refs were out to get them, of course.

Tough way to lose in OT with their goalie making a great save to us getting burned on the counter. 3-on-3 hockey for ya. Expect nothing but a bounce back performance tonight.

Reaction Score

Definitely feel like Ryan got baited into 2/3 of those penalties (same with Wood). Nothing new in terms of a hockey strategy but both guys have to do better as they come down to mental mistakes. Lowell bench definitely knew it was something that could be exploited. Gotta button up that on our end. Not only that, losing your best players for 8 min is a long time, especially 6 consecutive minutes essentially with Ryan.

Reaction Score
3rd on Ryan LOL
Basically 6 min in a row in the bin. Never seen that before. Ryan definitely is unique in the way he loves to push boundaries, but the refs need to check their biases too...

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
These refs have let UML get away with murder so far.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Finally didn’t let one go…UConn will start the second with a PP.

08CCAB14-83CF-4FA7-834B-091B00D2288D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro