7 Seed vs Maryland. We’re back. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

7 Seed vs Maryland. We’re back.

Reaction Score
Agreed with Michigan the weakest 1 seed, but Iowa is not strong- Gonzaga got by far received the easiest draw- there 2/3/4 seeds they already beat by double digits this year in Iowa, Kansas, & Virgina- btw both Iowa & West Virginia don’t play defense- much rather have either in the second round instead of Alabama. The only thing I like about UConn possibly playing Alabama in the second round is that they play a fast tempo & UConn plays a slow tempo which might give Bama trouble.
Disagree, Iowa is very strong. Zags are the best team, have no problem with them getting a draw with really good teams they already beat.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A little schadenfreude for Pitino. In his first year at Iona he takes them to to the NCAA tournament.

Meanwhile his old stomping grounds Kentucky and Louisville miss the NCAA tournament.

PS: Root for Iona against Alabama. We believe in the Gaels. A wonderful 2 vs 15 upset.
I forgot that Pitino was in New Rochelle. I wonder if he eats at Greasy Nick's?

Reaction Score
I'd much rather play Iowa than Alabama. Garza is a load but Illinois was so much more athletic than they were it was nuts.
Yeah I’ve watched almost every Iowa game and it’s not even close that we’d rather play Iowa. They are a great shootIng team, and there will be times when they all have it going from 3 where you’re just going to lose, but teams who can switch on the perimeter with athletes give them problems, and their defense stinks.

Reaction Score
E
Disagree, Iowa is very strong. Zags are the best team, have no problem with them getting a draw with really good teams they already beat.
pretty obvious that everyone rather play Iowa than Alabama- lol- don’t know what we are even debating.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
All the talking heads are sold on Georgetown, we murdered them.
They're playing well and peaking at the right time. They lost to Creighton at home right before we beat them the 1st time. That team was not the one that manhandled Creighton yesterday.

Reaction Score
Yeah I’ve watched almost every Iowa game and it’s not even close that we’d rather play Iowa. They are a great shootIng team, and there will be times when they all have it going from 3 where you’re just going to lose, but teams who can switch on the perimeter with athletes give them problems, and their defense stinks.
I wouldn't, Garza would eat our bigs up and get Sanogo in foul trouble early and they are money from three.

Reaction Score
They're playing well and peaking at the right time. They lost to Creighton at home right before we beat them the 1st time. That team was not the one that manhandled Creighton yesterday.
I don't think Georgetown is way better than they were a week ago.

Reaction Score
I don't think Georgetown is way better than they were a week ago.
If we didn't choke in the quarterfinal game this wouldn't be a question. We would have smoked them again.

Experience in big games matter, and no one on this team has ever been in a game as big as that Creighton game. Hopefully that doesn't bite us against Maryland (who I think we're better enough than where it won't matter) or Alabama if we get there.

Reaction Score
We got a great bracket. Michigan also the weakest number 1 seed.

Time to remind the nation this is UCONN. We need to smack the Terps and make some oatmeal in the next round.

#FeedPolley
#LightsOut
We might have the toughest #2 seed in the tourney. Im going to go out on a limb here and say if we get passed Alabama we get to the final 4 as i think Michigan gets knocked off. One of their best players is out.

Reaction Score
I forgot that Pitino was in New Rochelle. I wonder if he eats at Greasy Nick's?
If we didn't choke in the quarterfinal game this wouldn't be a question. We would have smoked them again.

Experience in big games matter, and no one on this team has ever been in a game as big as that Creighton game. Hopefully that doesn't bite us against Maryland (who I think we're better enough than where it won't matter) or Alabama if we get there.

We believe in Rick Pitino and Iona.

PS: Alabama scares nobody.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We got the best possible draw and region in my opinion. A 7 seed was huge vs an 8/9. We got the worst 1 seed in our region.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Look, this time of year everyone is capable of throwing a tough game at you. If we play like we did against Creighton last game we’ll lose to Maryland. If we are hitting shots, moving the ball, and rebounding we can go far. Play like you’ve been there, even though you haven’t.

caw

Reaction Score
Not saying UConn will win out but I do like the bottom half of UConns bracket. All good teams but no real scary team.

Feel the same about the bottom of the MidWest bracket.

West looks the most difficult

Reaction Score
St. Bonaventure & LSU as 8 9 seeds- they are playing like 4 seeds.
and?? are you saying one of them makes the elite 8* because it otherwise doesnt matter to us. even if they do we'd love to play 1 of them for a trip to the final 4 instead of michigan or fsu

Reaction Score
I wouldn't, Garza would eat our bigs up and get Sanogo in foul trouble early and they are money from three.
Like I said, I watch all their games. They’re a 2 seed for a reason, they‘re good. But we’re the type of defensive team that gives them problems (i.e. we can do the stuff Indiana did when they beat them 2X, and what Minnesota did). Teams that play good perimeter defense and can switch do have success slowing them down. That’s how they lose, because Garza basically always gets his. And they are so unathletic outside of Keegan Murray that their defense is just straight up bad a lot of the time.

I still think they would beat us the majority of the time, just less than Alabama would beat us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom