C-Brimah 30 minutes
F-Hamilton 30 minutes
F-Calhoun 25 minutes
G Purvis 25 minutes
G Boatright 35 minutes

C/PF Facey 20 minutes
PG Samuel 25 minutes

Other guys foul trouble minutes only.

That's a creative wrinkle allocating 190 minutes. I like it. Teams won't know what to do when we come out of a time-out with 4 guys.

Reaction Score
Brimah foul issues impact his minutes
Dayton has gone down to a 7 man rotation(because of suspensions) but they are playing the best basketball of the season.
Cutting the rotation down makes a lot of sense here. We need more spacing in the SL and we can simply eliminate Nolan from the line up sans FT(He did it to himself) Because Hamilton can rebound we can play him as a mobile 4 which will create mismatches and give Brimah more space.
Facey and Samuel are perfect players to come in and give energy and production.

Reaction Score
Due to fouls this will never happen, need to have Lubin/Nolan getting minutes.

Reaction Score
I'm looking for the emoji where the little yellow face looks really confused.

What is an FT guy?
Foul Trouble--a guy who only makes an appearance due to Foul trouble.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Foul Trouble--a guy who only makes an appearance due to Foul trouble.

Oh, thank God.

I thought you were referring to them as free throw guys.

Reaction Score
Looking at potential of this lucky seven rotation for next year's squad (discounting Ryan Boatright due to graduation), which six could earn meaningful minutes and not just mop up minutes on any of the current top twenty five teams in the land? Could any of six said dudes start for any of the current rankled 25? I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder who, who wrote the book of this..

Reaction Score
Looking at potential of this lucky seven rotation for next year's squad (discounting Ryan Boatright due to graduation), which six could earn meaningful minutes and not just mop up minutes on any of the current top twenty five teams in the land? Could any of six said dudes start for any of the current rankled 25? I wonder, wonder, wonder, wonder who, who wrote the book of this..
Brimah would start for most teams in the top 25. Hamilton, despite all the bad turnovers and poor FT shooting, would start for many.

Reaction Score
C-Brimah 30 minutes
F-Hamilton 30 minutes
F-Calhoun 25 minutes
G Purvis 25 minutes
G Boatright 35 minutes

C/PF Facey 20 minutes
PG Samuel 25 minutes

Other guys foul trouble minutes only.

Most of those numbers reflect what they are currently averaging, other than giving Facey's minutes to Calhoun.

Boat 34 mpg
AB 27 mpg
Dham 31
RP 26
Facey 26
Tsam 21
Calhoun 16
Cassel 15
Nolan 10

Hamilton can not play 20 minutes a nite at the 4 against a lot of teams. Calhoun will play as many minutes a his defensive liabilities allow. You need Nolan ( or Rock if you think that's better) for the 10 mpg you left out of your equation because Brimah can't stay on the floor for more than 30. The only real issue is Cassel. He's currently getting 15 mpg and I would be quite happy to see that go down. Way down.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Rubin 10
Cassel 5
Nolan 3

Reaction Score
ONions got onions or is it vapor fumes: please turn on your ceiling fan on top speed to clear yo eye ballz.

Texas rankled #20; they dont want amoeba in middle, ha ha

VCU #17: nada to both dudes

maybe Northern Iowa at 23 and or Wyoming at 25 would consider 2 men, but prolly for subroles and i dont meen sandwiches.

I think rest of currantlyousagely big boyz pass on all these unlucky 7minus1 profiles; just an overwhelmingly underwhelming grouping courtesy of you no any who?

Reaction Score
Most of those numbers reflect what they are currently averaging, other than giving Facey's minutes to Calhoun.

Boat 34 mpg
AB 27 mpg
Dham 31
RP 26
Facey 26
Tsam 21
Calhoun 16
Cassel 15
Nolan 10

Hamilton can not play 20 minutes a nite at the 4 against a lot of teams. Calhoun will play as many minutes a his defensive liabilities allow. You need Nolan ( or Rock if you think that's better) for the 10 mpg you left out of your equation because Brimah can't stay on the floor for more than 30. The only real issue is Cassel. He's currently getting 15 mpg and I would be quite happy to see that go down. Way down.

The main thing is re-balancing the starting unit. There will be minutes that we do play 2 bigs but for the most part Id like to play 4 out. I think it would be best for the team.

Reaction Score
Hate to be the one to break this, but the rotation matters about as much as my old Tennessee friend used to say, "socks on a rooster" this year. Useless.

Reaction Score
Cassell is seemingly going to turn into this years Omar unless he starts hitting shots (hope he does, we could really use it). Ollie played and gave Omar a chance, even if it was 5-10 minutes all the way until Villanova game and then just realized it was too big a liability even in that short period. At this rate I think Cassell will be out come March. Again....hope I'm wrong...

Reaction Score
Teams won't know what to do when we come out of a time-out with 4 guys.
Does anybody remember playing kickball/stickball/baseball as a kid and having a "ghost man"? So you'd be playing 2 on 2 and both guys reach base, one on second and one on third, and the guy on third has to come kick, so you say, "ghost man on third." ? Anybody? We used to play that a baserunner could swap with a ghost man.

Damn. Sometimes I really miss being a kid. Ghostman inbounds.

Reaction Score
Cassell is seemingly going to turn into this years Omar unless he starts hitting shots (hope he does, we could really use it). Ollie played and gave Omar a chance, even if it was 5-10 minutes all the way until Villanova game and then just realized it was too big a liability even in that short period. At this rate I think Cassell will be out come March. Again....hope I'm wrong...

You can tell Cassell really knows the game and can be a good p[layer, I just don't think that will happen this year though. An offseason will be really good for him. Ollie needs to get him into better shape and get him a lot more confidence knocking down his shots.

Reaction Score
You can tell Cassell really knows the game and can be a good p[layer, I just don't think that will happen this year though.. . . An offseason will be really good for him . . .
. . . because that's when he'll be able to have that cutting edge "fast twitch fiber" transplant operation that they just perfected.

Reaction Score
Hate to be the one to break this, but the rotation matters about as much as my old Tennessee friend used to say, "socks on a rooster" this year. Useless.

Of course the rotation matters.
Once you take Facey out of the starting line up--all of a sudden our spacing becomes much more prevalent. It gives Amida more room inside and gives our 4 perimeter guys more room to drive and play a faster game of basketball on the offensive end.

We need to open it up and play faster--take more 3's and get to the foul line more. I'm confidant any group will play good D. What we need a change is on offense. Playing 2 bigs hasnt been a good thing for us. Our secondary bigs are just plugs for FT. Facey off the bench gives us a guy who can score.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Speaking of free throws, what's going on with Nolan's stroke? He was smooth from the line last year.

Reaction Score
Of course the rotation matters.
Once you take Facey out of the starting line up--all of a sudden our spacing becomes much more prevalent. It gives Amida more room inside and gives our 4 perimeter guys more room to drive and play a faster game of basketball on the offensive end.

We need to open it up and play faster--take more 3's and get to the foul line more. I'm confidant any group will play good D. What we need a change is on offense. Playing 2 bigs hasnt been a good thing for us. Our secondary bigs are just plugs for FT. Facey off the bench gives us a guy who can score.
Here's where we differ. I'm of the opinion it's not a rotation problem but a talent problem, so no matter how they are arranged the offensive deficiencies can't be completely fixed......this year. Hopefully recruiting will address that. Still I live and die with every game.

Reaction Score
Here's where we differ. I'm of the opinion it's not a rotation problem but a talent problem, so no matter how they are arranged the offensive deficiencies can't be completely fixed.this year. Hopefully recruiting will address that. Still I live and die with every game.
What team have we played this year did you say"wow that team was just so much more talented than us"

Reaction Score
acid test: ask yourself what team in top 50 would give any sledteam players nonmopup minutes ? (boat excluded because he actually very veryvery dang good and all comers want him on their roster)

the gent who is hoping for jr to improve enough to help sleddogs next yr must have a death wish for program/if oliwould recruit some real dudes, such silly concepts would stay in silly bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom