#7 Arizona @ Washington St - 1/10/21 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#7 Arizona @ Washington St - 1/10/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I know how you feel. I just find it very difficult to root for UNC in any sporting endeavor if NC State is having an off year. Heck, I never root for UNC in anything. Period.

I don't have such animosity toward Duke...but I just cannot stomach those Blue Bellies over in Chapel Hill.
Well, if your handle was "First in Flight Hoop Fan" than we would expect you to support the Tar Heels, unfortunately, our fine Udub fan chose an avatar a bit ambiguous. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, if your handle was "First in Flight Hoop Fan" than we would expect you to support the Tar Heels, unfortunately, our fine Udub fan chose an avatar a bit ambiguous. :rolleyes:

You guys don't hassle me for not hyping Eastern Washington, Portland or Portland St. Or all of the D2, D3 and NAIA schools in the 2 states. :p

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You guys don't hassle me for not hyping Eastern Washington, Portland or Portland St. Or all of the D2, D3 and NAIA schools in the 2 states. :p
We haven't noticed you actively rooting against those teams. Otherwise we would have :cool:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
We haven't noticed you actively rooting against those teams. Otherwise we would have :cool:
I was fine w/ the Cougs getting the road sweep at the Mountain Schools last weekend. They are just well down the list of my preferred Pac 12 schools.

I'll root for pretty much anybody against ASU or USC, and Cal is pretty much a non-entity at this point in time.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yes thank you. The disconnect between self-appellation and allegiance is the jarring part :p

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aw man, I'm almost feeling triggered now. I need a safe space.

I think we are coming down to a matter of semantics. To me, I'm a hoop fan who lives in the NW. I can see where someone might think I'm saying I'm a fan of all hoop teams in the NW, but that's not how I see myself. Who are you to tell me who I am? ;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

I think we are coming down to a matter of semantics. To me, I'm a hoop fan who lives in the NW. I can see where someone might think I'm saying I'm a fan of all hoop teams in the NW, but that's not how I see myself. Who are you to tell me who I am? ;)
Well, considering I misappropriated you allegiance and told all who would listen of your love for all hoop Washington and Oregon related, maybe you just need to realize we are all right and by a "Go Cougs" WCBB shirt...:D

Reaction Score
Pretty stunning stuff to see Wazzu all alone in second in the Pac-12 ahead of mighty powers such as Oregon, UCLA, and Arizona. Huge opportunity for them to get on the scoreboard against Stanford with a back to back at home against the travel weary Cardinal. Series is 67-0 all time, with Stanford eking out an OT win in 2015 in the closest game in series history.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pretty stunning stuff to see Wazzu all alone in second in the Pac-12 ahead of mighty powers such as Oregon, UCLA, and Arizona. Huge opportunity for them to get on the scoreboard against Stanford with a back to back at home against the travel weary Cardinal. Series is 67-0 all time, with Stanford eking out an OT win in 2015 in the closest game in series history.
At least the Cardinal won't get softened up having to play the Huskies first. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
At least the Cardinal won't get softened up having to play the Huskies first. :rolleyes:

If the Cougs manage to snatch one, I wouldn't want to be the Huskies when the Card arrive in Seattle.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If the Cougs manage to snatch one, I wouldn't want to be the Huskies when the Card arrive in Seattle.
Is it even happening? Huskies were on the shelf this weekend due to covid concerns.

Reaction Score
Is it even happening? Huskies were on the shelf this weekend due to covid concerns.

Washington isn't until the 31st, so the Stanford trip is probably safe at the moment. Lots to look forward to!

Reaction Score
As a New Zealander - I gotta say... love what I'm seeing from Charlisse Leger-Walker!

And you all were asking before about other NCAA New Zealand standouts. There was Micheala Cocks for the Ducks (Micaela Cocks - Wikipedia) and Penina Davidson for UC Berkeley (Penina Davidson - Wikipedia). But, I think, as we all can see, Charlisse is special! Charlisse lead the NZ team to finish second in an age-group FIBA 3x3 tournament. The USA, lead by Haley van Lith, won the gold.

Reaction Score
As a New Zealander - I gotta say... love what I'm seeing from Charlisse Leger-Walker!

And you all were asking before about other NCAA New Zealand standouts. There was Micheala Cocks for the Ducks (Micaela Cocks - Wikipedia) and Penina Davidson for UC Berkeley (Penina Davidson - Wikipedia). But, I think, as we all can see, Charlisse is special! Charlisse lead the NZ team to finish second in an age-group FIBA 3x3 tournament. The USA, lead by Haley van Lith, won the gold.

Honestly, I'd love to see a team with Charlisse, Krystal, and Jillian Harmon go off at the Olympics in the 3x3. That would be fun to watch!

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'd love to see a team with Charlisse, Krystal, and Jillian Harmon go off at the Olympics in the 3x3. That would be fun to watch!
Yes, Krystal is pretty impressive too!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington isn't until the 31st, so the Stanford trip is probably safe at the moment. Lots to look forward to!
Oh wow, I saw an announcement about adjusting the schedule during the week and thought it was coming up after this weekend's games. I was way off. My bad. Yeah, UW should be back on the floor and losing games again before then. They can't afford to miss that second game against Cal to give them their 2 gimme wins of the season.

Reaction Score
Oh wow, I saw an announcement about adjusting the schedule during the week and thought it was coming up after this weekend's games. I was way off. My bad. Yeah, UW should be back on the floor and losing games again before then. They can't afford to miss that second game against Cal to give them their 2 gimme wins of the season.

I was going to say, Cal can't afford to miss their best opportunity to put one in the win column this season.

1610325685697.png

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was going to say, Cal can't afford to miss their best opportunity to put one in the win column this season.

View attachment 63466
Well...somebody has to win. :rolleyes: What would it say about UW if they beat an opponent by nearly 30 on the road, then turned around and lost to the same team at home?

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

As far as I can tell (having moved to Oregon from CT), NW fans tend to be quite exclusive when it comes to rooting for college teams in the region. In that sense, @nwhoopfan is, to me, actually something of an anomaly since his allegiance extends to both Oregon State and Washington. In most cases (I think) fan attitudes to all but their favorite team range from indifference (at best) to an inability to say anything positive about other NW teams (Division 1, anyway), although I guess the range is less extreme in WBB than, say, in football.

Reaction Score
Sort of like Cal today after the Ducks lost 2 in a row after winning 27 in a row.

Reaction Score
Actually, no, I was using the HoopGurlz list as a starting point so I will gather her stats and put her on the list. Currently, I would rank the list of 12 freshman I do have as Clark #1, Paige #2 and Westbeld as #3. I have Cardoso, Van Lith, Paopao, Shelley (ready to drop her though), Reese (only played 3 games, got hurt in game 4), Brink and Edwards.
If it helps here are stats for 2020-21 Freshmen's up to and including games played on 2 Jan 2021.

P5 & Big East conferences only. Versus DI opponents only.

Is Van Lith the best Freshmen on her team?

1610364295283.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If it helps here are stats for 2020-21 Freshmen's up to and including games played on 2 Jan 2021.

P5 & Big East conferences only. Versus DI opponents only.

Is Van Lith the best Freshmen on her team?

View attachment 63469

Proof that stats do not capture everything. Time to redefine the efficiency stats. :oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom