6th Ranked 2014 Players Narrows List to 4 School | The Boneyard

6th Ranked 2014 Players Narrows List to 4 School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Victoria - Link

Somewhat surprised Univ of Miss didn't make her list of schools since they have a new Head Coach.

Reaction Score
Victoria - Link

Somewhat surprised Univ of Miss didn't make her list of schools since they have a new Head Coach.
The panel of five, has 60 years of experience between them... But, I have never heard of them......Their rankings seem a bit scrambled.....

Reaction Score
The panel of five, has 60 years of experience between them... But, I have never heard of them......Their rankings seem a bit scrambled.....
On the other hand, they have never heard of me....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Over 3700 points? With another year to go??? Wow. :eek:

Reaction Score
How is it that UConn never gets a glance from some top-grade players?

I'll make a bet right now - she never earns a National Championship ring in her college career.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the South's version of Saniya Chong ................... without the assists.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Sounds like the South's version of Saniya Chong ................... without the assists.
Yet, she is ranked 6th and Chong is much worse.

JS

Reaction Score
Never knew you to be a half full glass guy, Wonkster. Er, glass full half guy . . . guy half full of gas . . . fully half glassed . . .

Well, never mind.

I had the opposite reaction and assumed UConn didn't show much if any interest. It's stacked with guards/wings her size from that class and still has an offer out. The need is for a taller player or two.

Also, my surprise is at how many players from other geographic regions UConn does get a glance from. This one looking Luhville and points south. But it often comes down to UConn or the home turf school, and UConn wins its share of the battles with the homies.

Reaction Score
Yet, she is ranked 6th and Chong is much worse.

Clay K , on another forum, described Chong as a one-dimensional (3pt) shooter who couldn't play for many programs but who CAN play for UConn because Geno would let her stand outside and shoot 3's. In early 2012 he said she couldn't perform against elite competition but never commented when she averaged 30/game at the Nike's in December. While I don't expect these raters to get things right all the time given their resources, they should at least be consistant. Chong is considered a one-dimensional outside shooter with 9.5 assists/gm while Vivians is no. 6 with 1.5 assists/game (and 10 rebounds a game to be fair).

Time will tell all.

HGN

Reaction Score
I was wondering why no one had mentioned such a prolific scorer as being connected or targeted by UConn. Nothing about her being interested in the least with argubly the most dominate team in WCBB.... But then I read the article.

When I read the Link to Victoria Vivians , what stuck out to me is that it said nothing about her Defensive prowess. Or her willingness to play hard on both ends of the court. Nothing about her quickness , foot speed, etc.....Normally when Geno , or CD the senior , by-pass a player its because they have seen something they didn't quite like. Don't know what it could be here , but what stuck out to me was the lack of Defensive stats and any mention of defensive play.... Probably just an oversight by the sports reporter.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Clay K , on another forum, described Chong as a one-dimensional (3pt) shooter who couldn't play for many programs but who CAN play for UConn because Geno would let her stand outside and shoot 3's. In early 2012 he said she couldn't perform against elite competition but never commented when she averaged 30/game at the Nike's in December. While I don't expect these raters to get things right all the time given their resources, they should at least be consistant. Chong is considered a one-dimensional outside shooter with 9.5 assists/gm while Vivians is no. 6 with 1.5 assists/game (and 10 rebounds a game to be fair).

Time will tell all.
Indeed TimeWillTell starts and posts on a lot of threads about Saniya.

Reaction Score

Who said she didn't?

I'll make a bet right now - she never earns a National Championship ring in her college career.

There are about 1,000 new players who get a WCBB scholarship every year and about 15 of them will win a ring, so that's a fairly safe bet.

Reaction Score
Or maybe she had no desire to go to school in the north.

Reaction Score
Geno tried a prolific scorer once. It didnt work out too well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Clay K , on another forum, described Chong as a one-dimensional (3pt) shooter who couldn't play for many programs but who CAN play for UConn because Geno would let her stand outside and shoot 3's. In early 2012 he said she couldn't perform against elite competition but never commented when she averaged 30/game at the Nike's in December.

Yes, well, as I mentioned in another thread, someone I consider very knowledgeable told me that Stef Dolson would be a "reliable role player but not a star" at UConn. Sometimes even the experts get it wrong.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, well, as I mentioned in another thread, someone I consider very knowledgeable told me that Stef Dolson would be a "reliable role player but not a star" at UConn. Sometimes even the experts get it wrong.
Well in a way that "knowledgeable" someone was correct. Just that her "role" is as one of the top centers in the land, #2 offensive option, and basically the leader/soul of the team. :) (just depend how you spin it)

Reaction Score
... I had the opposite reaction and assumed UConn didn't show much if any interest. It's stacked with guards/wings her size from that class and still has an offer out. The need is for a taller player or two...

I'm just wondering whether we got buffaloed out of another Southerner like, uh, who was that kid who was going to stay in Louisiana, ... uh, Alana something, ...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A prolific scorer from Mississippi. Wasn't there another highly ranked prolific scorer from Mississippi a few years ago?

Reaction Score
A prolific scorer from Mississippi. Wasn't there another highly ranked prolific scorer from Mississippi a few years ago?

LaToya Thomas of Miss St.

What happened to her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member