6'5 SG Adrien Nunez | Page 2 | The Boneyard

6'5 SG Adrien Nunez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Definitely not quick enough to defend well at any position, but that is a near perfect stroke.

You must have seen him play? I didn't see him guarding anyone in the video nor did I get a feel for his lateral quickness. Lord knows he can play basketball and shoot the darn thing though. All depends on the roster and how it looks I guess, always room for a shooter unless you have other needs.

Reaction Score
He is very smooth. I wonder if hes a little better than he appears. Just hits me as one of those guys that you see that looks like hes moving in slow motion hes so smooth and makes you think hes not very quick or athletic. Then you face him on the court and he somehow keeps getting by his defender or coming off screens for open shots. Very interesting prospect.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Great to have a pure, CT-based shooter like Nunez.

I honestly think UConn's biggest obstacles for recruiting Nunez would be the Ivy League schools. Yale, Brown and Dartmouth have offered and if I were a borderline prospect, I'd go for the free Ivy education.
I think the Ivy League schools do not offer scholarships unless there is financial needs (although who wouldn't need help with those tuitions).

Reaction Score
This kid is Jarron Cumberland from Cinci 2.0. Good enough player to offer a scholarship as a back up option. This is a VCU, Cinci, St. Joe's type player.

C

Chief00

Chief thinks we shouldn't recruit this guy because academics will be too big of a distraction.

Once Chill gets the "abort mission" text from Chief, we can lock this thread.
I would not necessarily exclude him but rather honestly ask these questions:
Does his academic IQ translate to BB IQ?
What's his major?
What will his laser focus be on?

We got a lot of good press out of Okafor's grades - to the exclusion of what was going on with some other guys a few years later. So there are trade-offs.

Reaction Score
Congratulations and that's great - how does it translate to BB?

Well let's just say he probably has a better chance of translating his BBIQ to the court than say, most kids. Again not automatic but there's a good shot he gets it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Great to have a pure, CT-based shooter like Nunez.

I honestly think UConn's biggest obstacles for recruiting Nunez would be the Ivy League schools. Yale, Brown and Dartmouth have offered and if I were a borderline prospect, I'd go for the free Ivy education.

It’s not free at the ivies

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It’s not free at the ivies

I assure you that he would not have gotten a tuition bill at any of the Ivy League schools.

This is a stretch recruit for Michigan.

They had a three-star kid decommit on Friday and Nunez will fill the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom