#6 Michigan vs #3 Tennessee - 3/23/21 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

#6 Michigan vs #3 Tennessee - 3/23/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Not sure it really says much for Uconn that Tennesse and Arkansas are out and you have such little faith in South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Not sure it really says much for Uconn that Tennesse and Arkansas are out and you have such little faith in South Carolina.
You forgot one other game. Tennessee beating South Carolina in their regular season match.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Big 10 wishlist for 21-22:

— Wing defender for Iowa
— 3-point shooter for Michigan
— Vaccines for Rutgers
— No transfers out of Maryland
— No recruiting sanctions at OSU
Ha “everybody needs something” :)

Reaction Score
Lady Vols need help from the Xfr Portal if they hope to compete for the SEC Champioship next year. They get help in recruiting, but not enough to cut into So Carolina's dominance. So Carolina returns their starting lineup and bring in the #1 or #2 Recruiting Class.
Pretty sure they have 15 players already for next year. So unless some folks leave, or are encouraged to leave, no portal shopping.

That said, C Saunders & G Rennie have gotten no playing time and should be looking for the door.

Reaction Score
One wonders if Tennessee is relevant any longer..... It has a great history with the 8 titles and really enthusiastic fan base as well.... but it has not reached a final 4 in 13 years..... Pat's hand picked coach was a disaster..... its athletic department has been a mess.... it was too demanding of a woman and a UT grad as head coach.... not wanting to look past that.... and the coaches for their part have not coached fundamentals well at all.

Reaction Score
What I still don't understand is the disdain people have for the BIG10. I think there are some good teams that are competitive and they're showing it now when it really counts.

Reaction Score
What I still don't understand is the disdain people have for the BIG10. I think there are some good teams that are competitive and they're showing it now when it really counts.
The breakdown of conferences that have made it to the Sweet 16:
ACC - 2
B10 - 2
BE - 1
B12 - 1
P12 - 1
SEC - 1

Possible additional entries to Sweet 16 after today:
B10 - 3
P12 - 3
SEC - 3
B12 - 2
ACC - 1
HL - 1
MVC - 1
OVC - 1
WCC - 1

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I am sad to see it end here. I do think this team improved a lot from the start of the season. Davis finished 9th in scoring and 10th in rebounds at Tennessee. The team had only 3 players with NCAAT experience. To get a 3 seed was a big sign of growth. Next year I look for Marta Suarez game to take a big jump. There will be four freshman a good class. I think since Harper became coach the has been a lot of improvement.

Reaction Score
I am sad to see it end here. I do think this team improved a lot from the start of the season. Davis finished 9th in scoring and 10th in rebounds at Tennessee. The team had only 3 players with NCAAT experience. To get a 3 seed was a big sign of growth. Next year I look for Marta Suarez game to take a big jump. There will be four freshman a good class. I think since Harper became coach the has been a lot of improvement.

Personally I think so too. She was always facing an uphill battle considering the legacy. Time will tell as she builds the team based off of what she wants versus inheriting players that may or may not have been the fit she wanted.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Always on the sunny side of life, notwithstanding the orange tinting. I commend you @stwainfan

Reaction Score
One wonders if Tennessee is relevant any longer.....
I was thinking the same thing. Here is Tennessee losing in the 2nd round to a team
they were favored to beat, and I couldn't find a single thread about it on the main
BY board.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom