6 ejected in SEC title game after South Carolina-LSU tussle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

6 ejected in SEC title game after South Carolina-LSU tussle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A few weeks ago, Cardoso took a leave of absence from the team so that she could play a round with the Brazilian National Team. She was ejected for fighting in a game there, too..

Cardoso got ejected recently for a similar type of shove in an international game. Sorry, but Dawn needs to an end a message. That’s just unacceptable poor sportsmanship on two occasions. Just learn to walk away.

Why is it such a fad these days to speak untruths all of the time? So sad and pitiful.

Cardoso fouled out of the Brazil game with Germany with her final foul against Sabally. She then shoves Sabally who said something to her while walking past her. The shove caused a disqualifying foul, which in international rules changed the number of free throws that would be taken by Germany, like a technical foul. But Cardoso was NOT "ejected" from any game during her play with her national team.....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I agree. Between this incident, the Brazil/Germany incident, the UNC incident, and last year's Maryland dust up, it's apparent that Kamilla struggles to keep her emotions in check. We'll see how Dawn handles it because it was not a good look by any stretch.
It's the end of the season. She's had this player for 3 years. Cardoso is the player that Dawn has created.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith threw a punch that connected with Kamilla. But we're okay with that since she's only 5'7 and she's slaying the big, bad 6'7 bully who pushed a 5'11 player (same player who had no problem pushing a 6'3 player).
I’m not okay with it. Hailey Van Lith also has an attitude problem and it’s only worse with LSU.

Reaction Score
Why is it such a fad these days to speak untruths all of the time? So sad and pitiful.

Cardoso fouled out of the Brazil game with Germany with her final foul against Sabally. She then shoves Sabally who said something to her while walking past her. The shove caused a disqualifying foul, which in international rules changed the number of free throws that would be taken by Germany, like a technical foul. But Cardoso was NOT "ejected" from any game during her play with her national team.....
Because the fangs come out and people start seeing red when it involves Dawn Staley. Notice how these same people aren't passing judgment on Mulkey for Angel's endless list of antics. It's been two years.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Cardozo gave an LSU player a big push.. No punches thrown
No punch? Sheesh. She cocked both arms like a cannon and knocked Johnson to the floor. I've seen gentler moves in MMA. And it wasn't like she was defending herself. She came flying in from about 20 feet away to attack her.

I will be shocked if there aren't further repercussions from the NCAA for Cardoso. I watched it a couple of times. Apparently Van Lith punched Cardoso? I didn't see that. But if she did, she should be suspended for several games as well. And Johnson knocking Watkins in the first place was way out of line too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Alright, she wasn’t ejected. But she still shoved someone after she fouled out. Learn to walk away. And I would say that about ANY player who had a pattern about not being able to take trash talking.

Reaction Score
Because the fangs come out and people start seeing red when it involves Dawn Staley. Notice how these same people aren't passing judgment on Mulkey for Angel's endless list of antics. It's been two years.
Except for all the people here who have been saying Mulkey encourages all this awful behavior and she’s responsible for it all. Because she is. And I don’t see a single person here saying it’s acceptable for Angel to grab people’s hair and play dirty.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oh, do you mean untruths like claiming that there were "no bad intentions" in what Cardoso did?

Yes, sad and pitiful.

Reaction Score
Except for all the people here who have been saying Mulkey encourages all this awful behavior and she’s responsible for it all. Because she is. And I don’t see a single person here saying it’s acceptable for Angel to grab people’s hair and play dirty.
I haven't seen where those who have had the most to say about Kamilla and Dawn (i.e., @Plebe) say anything about the role that Mulkey plays in the antics of her players.

Reaction Score
lol, at you guy just wanting to make up new rules.

Any handicap that they can get in order to stand a chance against the elite teams they'll take.

I find it interesting how the one's in this thread with the strongest opinions on this particular incident never had anything negative to say about their beloved Geno pushing and shoving female assistant's out of the way on the sideline for the large majority of the beginning of his career. Hmm?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
18568472-C3BF-49B8-BA94-69848A859E57.jpeg

Reaction Score
Oh, do you mean untruths like claiming that there were "no bad intentions" in what Cardoso did?

Yes, sad and pitiful.

Who made such a statement? I never made it. What Cardoso did to either FJ OR to Sabally had bad intentions to them. So not sure what kind of response this even is.

In three years at South Carolina Cardoso has only ever been disqualified from games three (3) times before today's game. All 3 times were due to fouling out. She had only ever gotten a technical foul ONCE, which took place last season - coincidentally against CT. Now all of a sudden all this false narrative coming out about Kamilla having issues with her emotions and implications that she's a "creation" of her head coach, with this type of behavior.

So Nika Muhl has fouled out as many times in her career as Cardoso has. Paige Bueckers fouled out as many times. Aaliyah Edwards has fouled out TWICE as much ,and also has a technical against her. Never heard anyone here say that those players have "issues" with their emotions., and I can find more players for OTHER programs that exceed what Kamilla has done, with no comments about them either. SAD.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She got ejected and will rightfully miss the next game.

I'm sorry she wasn't drawn and quartered.

But a push is a push and isn't a punch no matter how hard you try.
You just need to stop with the insanity. "Maybe I don' know what a punch is?" "Drawn and quartered?" Just stop it.

Reaction Score
There are players in WCBB who actually close their hands into fists and punch other players during games - Cardoso pushed Johnson with open hands - in fact, it was more of a 50-50 of Cardoso pushing and FJ flopping, that made it look worse than it was. Those other players who threw fists were never "ejected for all the remaining season". What gives you reason to think Cardoso should be?

But you preface your position by saying that you think CT plays "too soft"? Meaning, you think CT should play in a way that should get them "ejected for all the remaining season"?? What ARE you saying here??

:confused:
Sorry not a flop

Reaction Score
Any handicap that they can get in order to stand a chance against the elite teams they'll take.

I find it interesting how the one's in this thread with the strongest opinions on this particular incident never had anything negative to say about their beloved Geno pushing and shoving female assistant's out of the way on the sideline for the large majority of the beginning of his career. Hmm?
Don't spread the rumors. If you do have show it here.
Otherwise please leave ...

Reaction Score
Who made such a statement? I never made it. What Cardoso did to either FJ OR to Sabally had bad intentions to them. So not sure what kind of response this even is.

In three years at South Carolina Cardoso has only ever been disqualified from games three (3) times before today's game. All 3 times were due to fouling out. She had only ever gotten a technical foul ONCE, which took place last season - coincidentally against CT. Now all of a sudden all this false narrative coming out about Kamilla having issues with her emotions and implications that she's a "creation" of her head coach, with this type of behavior.

So Nika Muhl has fouled out as many times in her career as Cardoso has. Paige Bueckers fouled out as many times. Aaliyah Edwards has fouled out TWICE as much ,and also has a technical against her. Never heard anyone here say that those players have "issues" with their emotions., and I can find more players for OTHER programs that exceed what Kamilla has done, with no comments about them either. SAD.....
There is a big difference between disqualified and fouled out.
Do you understand?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Who made such a statement? I never made it. What Cardoso did to either FJ OR to Sabally had bad intentions to them.
I used quotation marks because those were the exact words of the head coach in her disingenuous apology.

Reaction Score
If they do what needs to be done then they will suspend Flau’je as well. She started it all with a dove but nothing happened to her. I’m fine with Kamilla being suspended but none of that happens without Johnson starting it.
Exactly. Whatever punishment Kamilla receives will be accepted as long as the player who incited the entire incident gets suspended as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom