2021 Recruiting: - 6’6 Sean Durugordon (UConn Interest) | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: 6’6 Sean Durugordon (UConn Interest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Evans wrote a piece on him a couple weeks ago. Gives a lot of detail, scouting takes, and some stats to boot. Good read.

This sounds like something you would have read about Jordan Geronimo around this time last year, before he blew up in the Adidas Gauntlet.

Reaction Score
Love a late riser. Shows they're a hard worker and didn't just get by after a gigh ranking as an underclassman.

Solid build. 6'6 205. Good shooter. Strong at the rim. Seems to be a solid athlete too.

Definitely needs to work on his ball skills. Handle isn't close to d1 ready. Doesnt seem to have much of a crossover or between the legs counter at all. Hopefully he ends up at a better school to develop his talent.

Definitely a dude to keep an eye on. High, high potential considering how much he has improved.

Reaction Score
I started a thread on him at the beginning of the season after a friend told me about him. Been following him all year. Lightly recruited but he's going to be way better than the offers would lead you to believe. I like him a lot.

Reaction Score
I started a thread on him at the beginning of the season after a friend told me about him. Been following him all year. Lightly recruited but he's going to be way better than the offers would lead you to believe. I like him a lot.
I don’t know how much truth there is to this, but whenever I see a kid who has a bunch of offers from local mid majors this early in the recruiting year, it makes me think that he’s probably at least somewhat of a hidden gem. That’s the case here
4A2489C3-39E8-444F-91B2-570CEEB2BDC7.jpeg

Reaction Score
We might have a big incoming class in 2021. As long as we have a couple players who can contribute right away that year, an athletic, late-bloomer with an impressive wingspan might be a nice way to round out a class.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

His percentages are nuts

6 or 7 boards, 80 cents in dimes, 9 or 10 threes, a couple steals, a half dozen blocks, a few random, opportunistic 2 pointers in the 10 to 15 foot range and a double barreled squatload of dunks. Nice mix tape. The competition didn't look high level, but as mixtapes go, it wasn't bad. Seems to do everything for his team. Looked like a Hurley kinda kid.

Reaction Score
Did you spell his name right? I searched this forum and he's not mentioned at all except this thread.

Reaction Score
Nice video. Not just a bunch of dunks. Kid has a confident stroke. And he never misses a shot.

Reaction Score
Did you spell his name right? I searched this forum and he's not mentioned at all except this thread.
Looks like an extra R

Reaction Score
I worked the NEPSAC Finals last month. Canterbury won pretty convincingly, he didn't stand out too much frankly. Best kid I saw that day was a freshman from the Darrow School Baye Ndongo, class of 2023. He'll be in the league one day

You a ref?

Reaction Score
Kid reminds me of Denham Brown for some reason.
Maybe it’s because at times he seems to be in an exaggerated triple threat position.
I loved Denham, he was one of the most underrated players on the 2004 squad- with a team that loaded, it's not surprising some were overshadowed

Reaction Score
He picked a great number (though he doesn't have the rise the other guy had), can score from anywhere, sees the floor and makes some great passes, and looks as comfortable as RIP on his mid-range jumpers and Ray on his three's.
One story said he's transferring to Putnam Science Academy so, as long as he doesn't commit elsewhere anytime soon, we should have lots of chances to get him on campus to see the facilities, meet the coaches and team in person and commit on the spot!

Reaction Score
One thing I found interesting in the article besides Leitao being the first offer is John Linehan is an assistant at Georgia under Crean. They will be a good defensive team I am guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom