5th Starter On Opening Night: Poll | Page 4 | The Boneyard

5th Starter On Opening Night: Poll

Against UC-Davis, who will be UConn's 5th starter in addition to Kiah, Stewie, KML, and Moriah?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dang, Too many good players. What to do? I do see Tuck as the fifth starter (in the first game) like onetrickpony says, but then after the game gets going, I think we will see a lot more player rotation than years previously, The level of competition will allow it. During the competitive games on the schedule, you will see Geno with a much tighter rotation. Then we will begin to really understand Geno's plan.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Have so many of you forgotten so soon just how incredible Saniya was in HS? Or that Geno said at one point last season that she was quicker than MoJet? I think that Nurse is an excellent player and I am happy to have her, but; 1) Saniya has a better three-point shot; 2) Saniya is quicker; 3) Saniya has a year's experience with the system, which is not an easy one to get comfortable with; 4) Saniya can score from anywhere on the court. Remember all those HighSchool Highlight films we were all so impressed with last summer? This is the same kid. She is going to be just fine. Here is a little reminder;

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Have so many of you forgotten so soon just how incredible Saniya was in HS? Or that Geno said at one point last season that she was quicker than MoJet? I think that Nurse is an excellent player and I am happy to have her, but; 1) Saniya has a better three-point shot; 2) Saniya is quicker; 3) Saniya has a year's experience with the system, which is not an easy one to get comfortable with; 4) Saniya can score from anywhere on the court. Remember all those HighSchool Highlight films we were all so impressed with last summer? This is the same kid. She is going to be just fine. Here is a little reminder;

Hey I'm with ya....but.....No way Saniya is quicker than Moriah. No way.

Reaction Score

I’m with you, elzorrogris!

I think very few UConn fans (including Boneyarders) realize the true capabilities of Ms. Chong. Her coaches have seen it……her teammates have seen it…..both groups have commented on it. But, only ever so slightly, has Saniya publicly shown it.

If Saniya can play, during her sophomore year, with the confidence and aggressiveness she displayed her senior year at Ossining, all the doubters and naysayers will be very, very pleasantly surprised and all the Saniya rooters will have huge smiles on their faces as she helps her team strive towards a 10th national championship!

GO SANIYA!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Hey I'm with ya....but.....No way Saniya is quicker than Moriah. No way.

Ok, ok; I went back and checked it out, in a Boneyard thread from last season. Mea culpa; it was NOT Geno who said that Saniya is quicker than MoJet; it was Kea Stokes.

"She (Chong) is so quick," Stokes said. "I thought Moriah was quick but she is just as fast, maybe a little faster. She is good, she still has her freshman ways a little bit but she is fitting in with us and how we do things here. She is aggressive, she is quick and she drives to the basket a lot which is good because we always need somebody to get to the basket."

It may have been that in comparing one blur to another blur, Kia's judgement became blurred. That thread DID establish two things beyond reasonable doubt, though; 1) Saniya is quicker than Wonkster, and 2) she is pretty durned quick. It may actually have been that Kia was comparing sonic booms, and, since Saniya IS slightly larger than Mojet, this may have influenced the intensity of the sound wave. Or somethin.

Reaction Score
Sad day,if Gabby is not developed to start for the 2.Waste of a outstanding BB talent down the road.

Reaction Score
Ok, ok; I went back and checked it out, in a Boneyard thread from last season. Mea culpa; it was NOT Geno who said that Saniya is quicker than MoJet; it was Kea Stokes.

"She (Chong) is so quick," Stokes said. "I thought Moriah was quick but she is just as fast, maybe a little faster. She is good, she still has her freshman ways a little bit but she is fitting in with us and how we do things here. She is aggressive, she is quick and she drives to the basket a lot which is good because we always need somebody to get to the basket."

It may have been that in comparing one blur to another blur, Kia's judgement became blurred. That thread DID establish two things beyond reasonable doubt, though; 1) Saniya is quicker than Wonkster, and 2) she is pretty durned quick. It may actually have been that Kia was comparing sonic booms, and, since Saniya IS slightly larger than Mojet, this may have influenced the intensity of the sound wave. Or somethin.
Anyone should be happy just being in the discussion on quickness with Moriah...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sad day,if Gabby is not developed to start for the 2.Waste of a outstanding BB talent down the road.
Yea yea yea, we get it, you like Williams. You think she is the next coming of DT, Moore, Stewart. But more than likely she is not at that level. Are you going to whine the next four years about her playing time, position, coaching? You are missing the point of UCONN WBB. It's to win NC's. It isn't to win individually. Sure Geno and the coaches work to develop players, get them ready for the next level, or at least get them to play to their potential. But the team always comes first. If the team needs Williams to play the 3/4 this year, then that's what she's gonna play. Did Geno waste Moore's talent by having her play the 4? Geno really isn't in the business of wasting talent. He seems to get a lot out of it. And to put a lot of players in the next level ( WNBA, NTs)

We'd all like to see Williams develop, have a great career here at UCONN. Maybe even become an AA at some point. But it doesn't matter if it's at the 2, 3 or 4.

If seeing Williams play 18 minutes in her first college game (exhibition) for this team as a freshman, score 9 points with 6 rebounds makes you sad, I don't know if you're ever gonna be happy. Not a fun way to approach UCONN basketball. There is so much to enjoy about this team and program.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, I think her talent fits better the Kalana Greene mold who used her great athleticism for a great career at UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom