OT: - 5G Network? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 5G Network?

Reaction Score
Most not living in a heavily urbanized environment will have the mmWave 5g....which does not carry and will only be available in smaller densly populated areas....the mmWave does not travel far and does poorly through walls. the mmWave is 24-100 gigahertz (high on the spectrum).

The low band (sub 6 gigahertz) will be available and TMobile has it almost everywhere. The low band carries much farther but at slower speeds...but is still an upgrade from 4 glte. The 4g is between 800-3000 megahertz and the bandwidth is more crowded....If you do not live or work in a dense environment, chances are that it will br sub 6 5g that you use. And it should have some speed upgrade in downloads from 4g.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No idea how @8893 is still rocking a 6.
I don't use it that much for anything other than an actual phone because I have an iPad Pro and am otherwise on a desktop computer most of the day. And I keep it plugged in to the charger most of the day at work.

Reaction Score
Damn. No point in upgrading an 11. I got my daughter an 11 in June. The 8 and 8 plus were showing decreased battery life. No idea how @8893 is still rocking a 6. These things are vastly better than that generation. The XS I got used last year is absolutely going fine.
I hear you. I still have my iPhone 8. Works fine and I'm not clamoring for anything better.

My wife and I have a deal that works well. She doesn't tell me what I can and can't buy and I don't tell her. Within reason of course. Neither of us are going out and buying a Ferrari. Although that would be nice. I can dream!

Reaction Score
From reading reviews (awaiting the 12 pro), the cameras have really improved since the 8...and even the 11. My
I phone 7 was still servicible...but I wanted the camera upgrade and to future proof re 5g.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Get the 12 because:
You like to take pictures
You plan to keep your phone a few years
Your current phone is a few generations old
You are a whore for new tech (like me)

otherwise don’t sweat it all that much.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hear you. I still have my iPhone 8. Works fine and I'm not clamoring for anything better.

My wife and I have a deal that works well. She doesn't tell me what I can and can't buy and I don't tell her. Within reason of course. Neither of us are going out and buying a Ferrari. Although that would be nice. I can dream!

This is a rule we have as well. I do not use it for phones. That money instead mostly finds its way into Scotch, bourbon and sometimes rum. Priorities.

The camera upgrades do help, especially for those of us who largely abandoned using dedicated cameras. I really liked Face ID too, too my surprise. Until COVID rendered it often unusable.

Reaction Score
I found that I rarely broke out the Nikon bag.....it is so convenient to snap what you see with the phone....it's always with you....most of our "memories" pictures are spontaneous phone shots...it is how we let family keep up with us...

The camera is more important to me than the phone...I'll never stream on a small screen...talk, text, and google is all I need.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom