5* PG Andrew Nembhard reclassifies to 2018 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

5* PG Andrew Nembhard reclassifies to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If I just read your posts, I would think Jim Calhoun never recruited an NBA caliber player - and we both know all the First Round players he recruited and developed. Your disdain for Jim is very revealing. What did he ever do to you?
What does that have anything to do with anything I posted?

Why do you approve Jim celebrating over a recruit he thought he had yet didn't get, yet bash KO for the same? That, to me, is what is very revealing here.
Will you two please get a room?

Reaction Score
If we could possibly pull off both Nembhard & Carey, I'd be ecstatic! They are different kinds of PGs, but each have excellent strengths & can play together. UConn has played 2 PGs for many years & we should be selling this to our recruits. One more scoring/slashing (Carey), one more distributor/outside shooter (Nembhard), but both allowed to direct offense & break down the defense depending on the situation. Sheffer/Ollie, El-Almin/Moore, Walker/Napier, Napier/Boatright. All were different kinds of PGs but worked well together. It's all about balance, keeping the defense on their toes. Match them with a 6'5-6'6" scoring wing & we'll be looking good again. I'd rather 2 PGs on the floor than a PG & SG.... That's just me. Also want a scoring wing to surround them (Nolley). Dreaming, but that's what I like most.

Reaction Score
If we could possibly pull off both Nembhard & Carey, I'd be ecstatic! They are different kinds of PGs, but each have excellent strengths & can play together. UConn has played 2 PGs for many years & we should be selling this to our recruits. One more scoring/slashing (Carey), one more distributor/outside shooter (Nembhard), but both allowed to direct offense & break down the defense depending on the situation. Sheffer/Ollie, El-Almin/Moore, Walker/Napier, Napier/Boatright. All were different kinds of PGs but worked well together. It's all about balance, keeping the defense on their toes. Match them with a 6'5-6'6" scoring wing & we'll be looking good again. I'd rather 2 PGs on the floor than a PG & SG.... That's just me. Also want a scoring wing to surround them (Nolley). Dreaming, but that's what I like most.

Nembhard isn't known as a shooter. Carey is, just FYI. Otherwise I dig the analysis

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Any way to dig up the material and send along? Would love to get a report on this kid. Unanimously higher rated than Mathis, so he might be some much needed medicine for our headaches.

There ain't that much to read. I should have said 'what I've seen'. Cause it's more vids than anything.

Couple of his coaches comment:
Three Schools Working Hardest for 2019 Canadian Point Guard Andrew Nembhard

Strengths/Weaknesses:
DraftExpress - Andrew Nembhard DraftExpress Profile: Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

His highlight vids are nice cause they focus on everything: shooting, going to the tin, dishing and defense:

Andrew Nembhard | NBADraft.net

Reaction Score
There ain't that much to read. I should have said 'what I've seen'. Cause it's more vids than anything.

Couple of his coaches comment:
Three Schools Working Hardest for 2019 Canadian Point Guard Andrew Nembhard

Strengths/Weaknesses:
DraftExpress - Andrew Nembhard DraftExpress Profile: Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

His highlight vids are nice cause they focus on everything: shooting, going to the tin, dishing and defense:

Andrew Nembhard | NBADraft.net

Good stuff, thanks!

Reaction Score
Jahvon Quinerly just committed to Arizona, so they are almost definitely out of the running.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I see Jalen Carey as a similar player to Lou Williams. He's definitely a 2 guard in a point guards body. Nembhrad is more of a distributor. This sell probably won't work. But then who should we prioritize?

The one who commits first.

Reaction Score
Nembhard isn't known as a shooter. Carey is, just FYI. Otherwise I dig the analysis

Pretty sure Nembhard is the better shooter, more consistent. Carey is at his best going to the rim. He's more athletic & more Kemba-like, while Nembhard is very smart & more Bazz like to me.... either way, pairing them together would be great for UConn.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Nembhard is the better shooter, more consistent. Carey is at his best going to the rim. He's more athletic & more Kemba-like, while Nembhard is very smart & more Bazz like to me.... either way, pairing them together would be great for UConn.

Carey shot over 40% from 3 through EYBL. He's a shooter. And a damn good one.

Nembhard is a good, not great shooter. I've seen 3 or 4 of his games. Maybe I caught him at his worst. It would be great to get a guard with his skill set and a decent shot.

Reaction Score
If I just read your posts, I would think Jim Calhoun never recruited an NBA caliber player - and we both know all the First Round players he recruited and developed. Your disdain for Jim is very revealing. What did he ever do to you?
If I just read your posts I would think the color of the sky is purple, we're all supposed to walk backwards and it is acceptable by society for a 40-plus year old man to have a bro-crush on a random college aged dude that has as much to do w recruiting as me.

C

Chief00

What does that have anything to do with anything I posted?

Why do you approve Jim celebrating over a recruit he thought he had yet didn't get, yet bash KO for the same? That, to me, is what is very revealing here.
If Jim Calhoun celebrates every minute the rest of his life it won't be enough for all the joy he brought UConn fans. Keep bringing the hate toward that good man and I will keep hitting it out of the ballpark.

C

Chief00

The one who commits first.
Few played that game better than Jim Calhoun. There was often another guy that was super eager to commit and we would tell our number 1 guy we really want you but we can only hold off this other guy so long.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Few played that game better than Jim Calhoun. There was often another guy that was super eager to commit and we would tell our number 1 guy we really want you but we can only hold off this other guy so long.

Oh my gosh, enough.

Reaction Score
I call BS on that report as we all know KO doesn't work hard for anyone's signature, we've hear it from the horses mouths many times right here.:eek:
I'm sure KO works hard, but he hasn't been able to close on a high value recruit. Let's hope this is the is the first recruit to reverse the recent trend.

Reaction Score

The difference being that in Calhoun's pre-AAC days the guy eager to commit was a top 100 player and the number 1 guy was top 50 or better. Now it is difficult to find they guys that are even eager to commit to UConn without evaluating all other options and if they are eager they are borderline top 200.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga is the one to watch for Andrew Nembhard's recruitment not Arizona.

Ollie's pipeline has become Chippola Community College, Cornell, and guys ranked below 150 in national rankings.

Please don't compare Calhoun's recruiting abilities to Ollie's. Calhoun's second or third options in recruiting many times were 5 star talents, McDonalds All Americans, NBA lottery picks, or excellent college players. Ollie can't close the deal with the Montez Mathises of the world.

pj

Reaction Score

Ollie's pipeline has become Chippola Community College, Cornell, and guys ranked below 150 in national rankings.

Please don't compare Calhoun's recruiting abilities to Ollie's. Calhoun's second or third options in recruiting many times were 5 star talents, McDonalds All Americans, NBA lottery picks, or excellent college players. Ollie can't close the deal with the Montez Mathises of the world.

You keep repeating these things but it's nonsense. Yes, Ollie had to reach for a few guys after the transfers hit. Calhoun occasionally had to reach to fill out rosters too. It's not a catastrophe unless it become routine.

As for "Calhoun's second or third options in recruiting many times were 5 star talents, McDonalds All Americans, NBA lottery picks" -- show me one 5 star player, McDonalds All American, or NBA lottery pick that Calhoun turned away because they weren't his first option. I've been following UConn basketball and recruiting since the Dream Season and there hasn't been a single such person.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Is there a broken record around here? The Chippola CC replies are now lame at best.

pj

Reaction Score
Likely to be scared off by Christian Vital?

Nembhard is better than MAL and a year farther behind. He's not going to be scared of anyone. He's 6'3" so he can easily play alongside Alterique.

Reaction Score
Nembhard is better than MAL and a year farther behind. He's not going to be scared of anyone. He's 6'3" so he can easily play alongside Alterique.

Skill sets are similar enough regardless of height. Both very ball dominant. Uconn has a history of success with that lineup, but you can understand why he MIGHT look elsewhere.

You are correct he shouldn't be scared off by just about anyone in America. Kid has game

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
The reclassification was a bit aggressive for him. Not sure if he's as ready as most of you think, but he's got another year to prepare.

Nembhard and MAL really aren't too much alike. Nembhard is a much better shooter and a more passing oriented guard, whereas MAL is a lot more adept at driving and finishing at the rim. Nembhard is 1-2 inches taller, which will help on the defensive end. Both very good players in their own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom