4K TV recommendation | Page 5 | The Boneyard

4K TV recommendation

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Anyone have recommendations for 55 to 65 inch 4K TVs? Need a living room upgrade.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Just curious, although I suppose not curious enough to actually Google it, but our TV prices staying low. I’ve been waiting for my old 50 inch 1080 P to die so I can upgrade. Quality wise it’s still terrific. My only complaint is the internal web access is unbelievably slow notwithstanding our FiOS gigabyte system. The workaround is just to Chromecast to it for some apps (like YTTV). So, no real urgency to change, but if prices are going up I might pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
FYI, I have a 75 inch TCL Roku. After several months, just when it's out of retailer's warranty, it constantly turns off and on by itself. Right in the middle of shows. Totally unrelated to wife / streaming, etc., since it happens with cable connection too. TCL will not replace. It's a 4 figure hunk of junk. We can't live with it so we're talking about selling it for $50 for parts, but so far no takers. I think it'll just end up at the tech depot dump in town.
I had an issue with a TCL last year. Remote wouldn’t work after 2 days. Glad I returned it to Best Buy within the return window and got the Samsung

Reaction Score
Just curious, although I suppose not curious enough to actually Google it, but our TV prices staying low. I’ve been waiting for my old 50 inch 1080 P to die so I can upgrade. Quality wise it’s still terrific. My only complaint is the internal web access is unbelievably slow notwithstanding our FiOS gigabyte system. The workaround is just to Chromecast to it for some apps (like YTTV). So, no real urgency to change, but if prices are going up I might pull the trigger.
I think they might be rising. The Samsung I bought in November ‘21 (QN90A)for 1299 is now listed for 1399. And the ‘22 (qn90b) model is even more expensive.
Never thought I would see the day when TVs went up in price

Reaction Score
Have you tried only controlling the television via the Roku app? That's how we do all of ours at this point. Do you have multiple Roku TVs in the house?
We have tried everything at this point, including through tech support. They blamed some of the settings that allow voice controls, etc., but then gave up with us after trying everything. Then they blamed Roku software. It's not Roku. I even bought a Firestick and connected through HDMI. Tried cable. etc. It takes 5 minutes for the TV to turn back on. It also started wheezing and screaming when you're on the menu. The only time it doesn't screech is when you're watching a show. A few times it has turned on in the middle of the night. We took to turning down the sound all the way before turning off the TV.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We have tried everything at this point, including through tech support. They blamed some of the settings that allow voice controls, etc., but then gave up with us after trying everything. Then they blamed Roku software. It's not Roku. I even bought a Firestick and connected through HDMI. Tried cable. etc. It takes 5 minutes for the TV to turn back on. It also started wheezing and screaming when you're on the menu. The only time it doesn't screech is when you're watching a show. A few times it has turned on in the middle of the night. We took to turning down the sound all the way before turning off the TV.
I’m like 90% sure it’s a bad circuit board and like 10% sure it’s poltergeists.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I have (had) a 52" samsung 1080p purchased in 2008 that I've been waiting to kick the bucket for years (It refuses). Finally my wife gave the go-ahead with tax-free weekend, we purchased the samsung qn80bd 65". This living area is bright so went with QLED and we have a long sectional so needed the viewing range to extend as far as possible. I settled for the 65" and honestly hope I don't regret it - the TV is in a corner and I wanted to avoid pulling out the mount/stand to accommodate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom