#4 South Carolina @ #21 Mississippi St - 1/28/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#4 South Carolina @ #21 Mississippi St - 1/28/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Vic wanted the PG to be aware of the other players and try to get the ball inside for easy shots. Both Morgan and Jazz were ideal PG for Vic. They knew where the other players were and when they should get the ball, Myah never fit Vic mold, she does a lot of dribbling instead passing the ball to the inside guys.
To be fair, its much different throwing the ball to Carter than it is throwing it to McCowan every week.

Reaction Score
How quickly myself and some other MSU brethren became spoiled to winning. I hoped McCray was the answer and knew the team would look different but still expected the talent to rise to the occasion. This hasn't happened. Jackson and Carter have been very inconsistent, Cooks has given almost nothing, Taylor has flashes where she looks to be the player I hoped she would be out of high school, and the sophomore duo at guard has been good here and there. Something though remains off and I have no idea if it's chemistry, lack of coaching, or some of both. Vic's teams had fight in them and this team does not. The SEC is much stronger top to bottom but this was a relatively experienced and talented team that came back. I don't see many more wins if the current play keeps up.

Morris is little more than a body to give Carter a breather. Hayes' shot has zero arch on it and it looks like she is pushing the ball rather than trying to shoot it. Wiggins has experienced injury and I hope she isn't putting playing over her health regardless of how well the team does but after 3 years I don't know where she fits best on the floor. Most troubling I see a squad that seems unconcerned if they win or lose. That's at least partly on coaching.

No McCray shouldn't be ran out of town this spring and she could very well keep us relevant even if not at Vic's level. However, I have the sinking feeling things will get worse and not better. It is irrelevant given the circumstances but I believe that if Vic were still here we may not have won them all but they would have looked much better in their losing causes.

I won't stop watching and will always root for the Dogs. We've seen much darker days than these but winning felt great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom