3x3WS: Voiron, France | The Boneyard

3x3WS: Voiron, France

Reaction Score
Once again Christyn will be taking her 3x3 talents somewhere across the globe as a part of the Fiba 3x3 Women's Series -- this time Voiron, France: Overview | FIBA 3x3 Women's Series Voiron Stop 2019

She will be accompanied by Oregon State's Aleah Goodman and Texas' Charli Collier, while Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu will make her debut while Bella Alarie is training for the Pan-American games.

Good luck and safe travels, Christyn!

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Once again Christyn will be taking her 3x3 talents somewhere across the globe as a part of the Fiba 3x3 Women's Series -- this time Voiron, France: Overview | FIBA 3x3 Women's Series Voiron Stop 2019

She will be accompanied by Oregon State's Aleah Goodman and Texas' Charli Collier, while Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu will make her debut while Bella Alarie is training for the Pan-American games.

Good luck and safe travels, Christyn!
Do they even have time to pack? In Lima Peru on Sunday then playing games on Thursday in Voiron, France? 7 hour time change.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Do they even have time to pack? In Lima Peru on Sunday then playing games on Thursday in Voiron, France? 7 hour time change.

Ionescu's shot is always ready to travel.

I believe the reaction that Ionescu is coming is Sacre Bleu. :eek::eek::eek:

Still, it seams like an uphill climb since we really have not had any real time to work as a complete group. This mix / match approach can only go so far.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
When and where do these kids find the time for the weight room or work on their 3 pt shot?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you want any hope of the US winning, do not look at the Fiba 3 x 3 World Cup tapes of France and China. And don't let our guys see them. Major Major upgrade over Peru.

Reaction Score
WOW! Sabrina (UO) playing alongside Aleah Goodman (OSU). Cool!
Not something I would expect to see you express on BennysHouse.

I think Sabrina and Aleah are pretty good friends. The both played for Kelly Sopak with Cal Stars. Sabrina’s freshman year, when crowds were pretty small Aleah came to an Oregon out of conference game, sat in the student section at Matt Knight Arena and hung around after the game chatting with Sabrina on the court for at least five minutes.

It’ll be fun watching two mad bombers play together.

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
The lack of practice time is a problem, and I also believe that having Collier as the only "big" may be an issue. I just hope she likes contact and has good hands. However, with Goodman, who had a very good US 3x3 run and shoots the 3 as well as anyone, the team should be really good from outside.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The lack of practice time is a problem, and I also believe that having Collier as the only "big" may be an issue. I just hope she likes contact and has good hands. However, with Goodman, who had a very good US 3x3 run and shoots the 3 as well as anyone, the team should be really good from outside.
Seriously. When I saw that lineup, my first thought was: height-challenged. That said, 3x3 does not depend on height to quite the same degree, and all of those players are relatively fast release shooters and quick passers, so ball movement will be exceptionally important (and that's, of course, where the lack of practice time comes in...)

The other question is whether Collier is ready to take orders from Ionescu (or anyone, really...)? Ionescu has established a rapport with Goodman and Williams, so Collier is not only the height wild card but also the team cohesion one.

Incidentally, I love this format! It's so refreshing to get to appreciate the talents of Ionescu, Goodman, and Williams without feeling like I should be rooting against them!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ionescu's shot is always ready to travel.

I believe the reaction that Ionescu is coming is Sacre Bleu. :eek::eek::eek:

Still, it seams like an uphill climb since we really have not had any real time to work as a complete group. This mix / match approach can only go so far.
3 of the 4 have already played together. The only newbie is Ionescu, and that’s one hell of a newbie.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting. The host nation France has 2 teams entered. The regular (top ranked) team and an U23 team and they play each other in Pool play after the US / Mongolia game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Interesting. The host nation France has 2 teams entered. The regular (top ranked) team and an U23 team and they play each other in Pool play after the US / Mongolia game.
I wonder if another team pulled out at the last minute forcing the host nation to scramble for a replacement?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well

China wins 21-18. US really has to operate pretty much 1 on 1. China's size was a particular issue. We played pretty well individually although Sabrina did not have the monster game we probably need.

Aggregate stats at this link.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Italy beets our next opponent Mongolia 22-4 so I suppose we are favorites for that one. :rolleyes:

Just see that they have a 3 pt shooting competition at 11:20 EDT. I guess Sabrina will be in that.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
China plays Italy in their next game. Guess we have to be rooting for Italy to win, provided USA can beat Italy. I wonder why Team USA didn't go with the Pan Am Games 3 x 3 team for this FIBA event.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Italy beets our next opponent Mongolia 22-4 so I suppose we are favorites for that one. :rolleyes:

Just see that they have a 3 pt shooting competition at 11:20 EDT. I guess Sabrina will be in that.

Actually, Goodman represented the US in the 3pt competition and got the highest made number with 5 of 10.

3 other competitors had 4 of 10 and these 4 will play in a 'medal' round tomorrow. Might be our best chance at hardware.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
China plays Italy in their next game. Guess we have to be rooting for Italy to win, provided USA can beat Italy. I wonder why Team USA didn't go with the Pan Am Games 3 x 3 team for this FIBA event.
The FIBA team has been set with Christyn, Collier, Goodman & Alarie for some time now. Ionescu was only brought in as a substitute with Alarie committed to play with the US 5x5 team at the Pan Am games.

Reaction Score
The competition at the Pan-American games is not on the same level as a lot of these teams. These teams look a lot better.

Reaction Score
it seems many of the major basketball powers take 3x3 basketball far more seriously then we do..................I suspect the USA would be far more successful if they put in the year long training necessary to win but that seems unlikely.................

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
5/5 from inside the arc and 3/4 from outside the arc. How good can she be if she missed 1 of 9 shots? :rolleyes:
Excellent game for Williams, and great to see someone else stepping up on offense for the USA. They don't show playing time but Ionescu only took three shots, so I'm assuming they rested her for much of the game? 1/3 is not a FG stat line I'm use to seeing from her!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom