38th Hockey East Men’s Tournament (March 8 > March 18 2023) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

38th Hockey East Men’s Tournament (March 8 > March 18 2023)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Bomber mentioned some personal issues on the home front. So yes. A little empathy never hurt anyone
Actually, it was my season ticket partner who had pancreatic cancer. He couldn’t do it, so I decided not to renew at the time. I obviously wish I had, but I can’t change that.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If you're going to give rational "it's not someone's fault" answers to poster's whiney complaints, you are not going to be well liked!
Whatever happened to the unlike button…

Reaction Score
Wow a lot of casualties to this loss. Fan vs fan. Fan vs. coach. We are eating ourselves alive.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
PC 1 NU 1 after 2. Really better if NU wins this game.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
BC-MC Still 0-0 with 10 minutes left in the 2nd.

Reaction Score
Can we stop with the crowd being loud enough for people. It’s a tiring conversation over and over again.
It’s louder at XL than Toscano, so be it. Why?
More fans, more watering holes, more youth hockey families going where the kids bang on the glass and go nuts. Toscano is nicer. Hope they build more seats and improve things over time. I assume they will.
There was not much to get excited about once the puck dropped. We took play to them early then they scored two completely trash goals. If you know how UMass plays you knew the second one effectively ended the game.
Half our shots were from Manchester, CT. And their goalie played well.
It’s an excruciatingly unpleasant game that UMass plays once they take the lead but it is what is. Don’t let them just throw crap to the net, clear the front of the net out. Give up just one to them? Fine. Go down two? Call the pallbearers.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Can we stop with the crowd being loud enough for people. It’s a tiring conversation over and over again.
It’s louder at XL than Toscano, so be it. Why?
More fans, more watering holes, more youth hockey families going where the kids bang on the glass and go nuts. Toscano is nicer. Hope they build more seats and improve things over time. I assume they will.
There was not much to get excited about once the puck dropped. We took play to them early then they scored two completely trash goals. If you know how UMass plays you knew the second one effectively ended the game.
Half our shots were from Manchester, CT. And their goalie played well.
It’s an excruciatingly unpleasant game that UMass plays once they take the lead but it is what is. Don’t let them just throw crap to the net, clear the front of the net out. Give up just one to them? Fine. Go down two? Call the pallbearers.
I agree with everything you said…except more people deserve the experience. It would have been louder and more fun. That’s the bottom line. Splitting the games between both places would have been fair. I believe that’s what they have said since the beginning. Instead, they are going to demand seat fees for Toscano that they know they couldn’t get at the XL. Connecticut is a bigger state than they imagined. A lot of folks remember what a pain in the rump it is to get to Storrs. Every time I go to Gampel I’m reminded of it. I also understand we had to build an on campus arena to stay in HE. Just wish it was 1K bigger. Then there can be no complaints.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
0-0 MC/BC and after 2…should be a fun 3rd.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
1-1 PC and NU…crowd still sparse and 8:52 left.

Reaction Score
I agree with everything you said…except more people deserve the experience. It would have been louder and more fun. That’s the bottom line. Splitting the games between both places would have been fair. I believe that’s what they have said since the beginning. Instead, they are going to demand seat fees for Toscano that they know they couldn’t get at the XL. Connecticut is a bigger state than they imagined. A lot of folks remember what a pain in the rump it is to get to Storrs. Every time I go to Gampel I’m reminded of it. I also understand we had to build an on campus arena to stay in HE. Just wish it was 1K bigger. Then there can be no complaints.
They’re splitting them next year. Go to the XL games, try to get an occasional seat at Toscano if you can to at least experience the place. It is a cool arena that will be adjusted moving forward as needed im sure.
I like a split between the two places, I know some just hate on the XL.
The crowd wasn’t the problem today. We gave up two crap goals and the. Had no real chances until much later in the game. It was a snooze fest in part due to the opponent.

Reaction Score
A coach who can win big games. Not just my opinion but that of BFF from UConn who's kid was a 3rd round draft pick of the Ducks and a star at Harvard. He also mentions BU as getting the most talent every year and not winning it all regularly.
You tire me with your repetitive crap.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
PC and NU still tied at 1. 4 minutes left. PC leads the country in OT games.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
They’re splitting them next year. Go to the XL games, try to get an occasional seat at Toscano if you can to at least experience the place. It is a cool arena that will be adjusted moving forward as needed im sure.
I like a split between the two places, I know some just hate on the XL.
The crowd wasn’t the problem today. We gave up two crap goals and the. Had no real chances until much later in the game. It was a snooze fest in part due to the opponent.
They are far from splitting them next year. Pay attention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom