32-30 St. Johns over Baylor at the half... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

32-30 St. Johns over Baylor at the half...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Another bad thing: that Mulkey is going all out to demand the best from her players. Clearly she recognizes what they need to win it all, and is going to push her team regardless of the opponent. Already seems to be paying dividends as Williams was fierce in the 2nd half.

Why is that a bad thing? Or an unusual thing?

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
What is going on? Why was play stopped for five minutes to present Pat with the Maggie award deep into the second half of the game? Mind boggling. That is what halftime and between games is for.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not saying its right, but they gave Pat the award in the middle of the 2nd half to maximize TV audience. If they did it at the half, the TV audience would have been reduced.

Reaction Score
Why is that a bad thing? Or an unusual thing?

I was following up on speedoo's "bad from a UConn perspective".

Baylor would be much less of an obstacle for us if they had a different coach. Damn that Mulkey!

Reaction Score
What is going on? Why was play stopped for five minutes to present Pat with the Maggie award deep into the second half of the game? Mind boggling. That is what halftime and between games is for.
My thoughts exactly! This isn't an exhibition game.
I can see why they didn't make the presentation between games - considering Pat was the recipient - but halftime of this game would have been just fine.

Reaction Score
After falling behind by 6 at 36-30.

18-3 run <-- that one run is really what did it
6-6
6-0 run
13-14 to finish

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Can you imagine if STJ had a 6'4-6'5 post player. One thing STJ and UConn have are good guards. UConn has better passing and height. After watching Baylor play TN Minn and STJ I Geno can put together a good game plan on how to beat Baylor. I gotta tell you guys some of you are worried. If we play our game we will beat Baylor. I really beleive we have the poise and disipline and coaching to beat them. Our defense will shine in this one.

Reaction Score
What is going on? Why was play stopped for five minutes to present Pat with the Maggie award deep into the second half of the game?

I thought it was a bit odd, but it is their tournament, after all. As long as the NCAA is ok, they can do whatever they want. If the teams don't like it, they don't have to agree to play in the event.

Reaction Score
it continues to look like baylor's outside shooting is not strong. sims is their leading 3 point shooter, but , except for a couple of games against weak teams, has not shot all that well. on the other hand, sims has scored more than a third of her points this season from the foul line. seems like you'd want to lay off of her and try not to let her penetrate , where she is much more dangerous. let her shoot, at least until she shows that she can make those shots.

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
Destiny Williams has also played quite well. Dunno why she didn't play in the first half - wonder if there was a discipline issue?

Those forwards are key as they need to pick up the slack when Griner is getting tripled team.

williams on suspension and injury

ladybears4eva

Lady Bears Fan
Reaction Score
we couldn't play Condrey (Senior guard) either due to injury... she's our Farris this year.

steals, rebounds, jump shots, lobs to post, and assists....

i thought it was good for the other guards (madden, hayden, and sims) to have this situation happen at an away game...st johns nyc...

and good for pope for williams to be out for suspension to get her confidence in scoring back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom