3 x 3 Women's U-18 Competition Featuring Rickea Jackson, Hailey Van Lith, Madison Hayes, and Olivia Cochran | The Boneyard

3 x 3 Women's U-18 Competition Featuring Rickea Jackson, Hailey Van Lith, Madison Hayes, and Olivia Cochran

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

Day 5. USA has won all of their games so far. Rickea Jackson 2nd leading scorer of the whole tournament. I think she'll take the basketball world by storm next year.... her star shines brighter by the day.

Ok, so the final is set. USA vs New Zealand. USA already beat them earlier in their first stage game. This is it.

Friday, June 7, 2019
Gold Medal Game
New Zealand flag
NZL
USA flag
USA

8:15 AM EDT

@Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Last edited:
Reaction Score

For those interested and not awake for this first day which is now over, the next game is in 2 days at 10:20 PM Pacific and a 2nd game at 1:00 AM Pacific.... Thursday. You can use this same link and it'll take you there.

USA won today against New Zealand 20-11. And 19-8 against Russia. Rickea Jackson was the star. A sick, high crossover - seemed to be where she generated a lot of her athleticism and offensive power. Van Lith and Cochran also looked like high valued commodities with really strong upsides - there was a lot of skill on display today.

As a fan of Mississippi State I’m trying to temper my enthusiasm for R Jackson and be realistic in my expectations for her freshman year. That said she seems to have a very high skill level that matches her physical abilities. It looks more and more like she will be contributing this season.

Reaction Score
I really like Olivia Cochran! She’s a sleeper in the 2020 class and her power and finesse at the PF position is very rare. She’s going to be a beast in College!

Reaction Score
I agree about O Cochran. She reminds me of the player from Iowa last year. Great footwork and awesome combination of power and skill.

Reaction Score
Jackson has some very nice moves, being able to drive and create her own jump shot. Her length will be good for MSU defensively. She will be playing early and a lot, likely a full time starter sooner than not.

Cochran is very good kid with a lot of upside. A lot of top programs are already over her.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't understand the scheduling as usually in most FIBA World Cups they play daily. Guess they don't have enough courts for the number of team entered. China is the first team in the Medal Round.

It looks like Team USA plays tomorrow morning at 1:20 and 4:00 AM.

Reaction Score
I really like Olivia Cochran! She’s a sleeper in the 2020 class and her power and finesse at the PF position is very rare. She’s going to be a beast in College!

I think Cochran is just a later bloomer than other players. I think Cochran will be a star player in college and has been under ranked/valued for awhile now. She has been proving herself over and over lately. I think big schools will be on her more, but is it too late? She might have a favorite already and be leaning that way

Reaction Score
I think Cochran is just a later bloomer than other players. I think Cochran will be a star player in college and has been under ranked/valued for awhile now. She has been proving herself over and over lately. I think big schools will be on her more, but is it too late? She might have a favorite already and be leaning that way

I agree. I think schools like ND, MD, Baylor and UCONN will try to show interest but it may be too late. SC offered her early last year and the same with Louisville and I think Georgia offered when she was in the eighth grade. I think it will come down to those three schools based on the relationships she has with the coaches already. Even though she’s a late bloomer I wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up in the top 20 maybe top 15 in the country by the time she graduates next year.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith is a complete player. Very impressed with her feet on defense, and, her intensity on defense. Not to mention she has a very solid offensive game. Love her defense. Some program is going to get a stud, that can play her freshman year.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Beat Indonesia 16-10 in the Quarter Finals. Play France in the Semi-Finals at 6;20 Today. China is in the other Semi-Final against New Zealand. Looks like China will be in the Gold Medal Game. France vs USA is a toss up.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Men's Team won their Semi-Final game in OT against Russia 18-17 and are in the Gold Medal Game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I was wrong New Zealand beat China in the semi-finals 21-15. New Zealand got off to an early quick lead and kept a 5-6 point lead for most of the match. China made it interesting for a short while when New Zealand started taking 2 point shots and were missing. They went back to the drive to the basket game for buckets to put China away.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leading France 8-4 with 6 minutes left. Announcer is constantly saying USA is Trash Talking.

USA leads 12-5 with 4:40 left. USA shooting two Free Throws on all France Fouls.

USA leads 13-5 with 3:53 left.

USA leads 18-8 with 1:35 left. Good defense by Team USA.

USA Wins 21-11 with 2.6 seconds left in the game.

USA plays New Zealand for the Gold Medal approx 8:15 Today. USA beat New Zealand 21-10 earlier in the tournament.

Live Feed: http://www.fiba.basketball/3x3U18WC/2019/videos/LIVE--FIBA-3x3-U18-World-Cup-Day-5-Knock-Out-RDs

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA leads 5-1 with 7 minutes left.

6-2 USA with 6 minutes left. Cochran having a poor shooting game so far.
Both teams getting into Foul Trouble. New Zealand making their foul shots.

11-4 USA leads with 4:21 left. USA shooting 2 FT's on all fouls.

11-6 USA leads with 3:24 left. USA leaving points on the court with missed FT's.

13-10 USA leads with 2 minutes left. New Zealand hit some key 2 point shots.

15-10 USA leads 1:24 left

USA Wins Gold 19-13 Kara Lawson was the Coach

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Men also won the Gold Medal Beating Turkey 16-12.

Reaction Score
Was really impressed with how wel the team meshed for it being just their first time playing together. Cochran, Van Lith, and Jackson are
all very, very good 3x3 players.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith won the MVP of the Tournament/All Tournament Team
Rickea Jackson was on the All Tournament Team.

Dawson Garcia of USA won the MVP/All Tournament Team for the Men.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith won the MVP of the Tournament/All Tournament Team
Rickea Jackson was on the All Tournament Team.

Dawson Garcia of USA won the MVP/All Tournament Team for the Men.

very interesting considering there were some who complained that Hailey Van Lith hadn't earned her spot..........

Reaction Score
very interesting considering there were some who complained that Hailey Van Lith hadn't earned her spot.....
It wasn’t that she didn’t earn her spot, it was that in years past, they just took whoever had won the USA 3x3 event. If Team Quest won, I don’t see them taking off Bueckers or Brunelle to add Cochran and Jackson.

Reaction Score
It wasn’t that she didn’t earn her spot, it was that in years past, they just took whoever had won the USA 3x3 event. If Team Quest won, I don’t see them taking off Bueckers or Brunelle to add Cochran and Jackson.

understood.........................if they're going to add an additional player I assume they'd take whoever gave them the best chance to win

Reaction Score
understood.....if they're going to add an additional player I assume they'd take whoever gave them the best chance to win
I agree, and both Van Lith and Jackson were upgrades from Johnson and Hunt.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

MVP's of the U18 3 x 3 World Cup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member