3 Videos (so far) and Photos I Took First night 2015 | The Boneyard

3 Videos (so far) and Photos I Took First night 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
Still working on it. Had to work yesterday and then the drive up to Storrs took 3 hours because of Friday traffic and loads of accidents. I did not get up there until 5 and doors open at 6. Thanks to friends I was third in line to get autographs and had a front row seat so I was able to take some pictures and shoot video. ABC and Fox news interviewed me and the Hartford Courant had a online photo. Was also lucky enough to catch a t-shirt, well kinda lucky it was thrown right into my chest. It was a real shirt without an advertisements.
Anyway here are links to the 3 videos that are done and to photos that were taken. I am also including the link from ABC 8 NEWS. Need to take a break because this has taken all day just to edit the first 3 which I am doing my best but taking video is a lot harder because people walk in front, the camera heats up and shuts down for a min. It is hard to know where the players were walking out from. I can't film both baskets at same time when 3 point contest was happening and if you go back and forth its just bad filming.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741943.100001448080687&type=1&l=e14ea5c0a0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnQgaMvv4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAOajeoxbd0&feature=youtu.be&t=1m24s

Reaction Score
Can't thank you enough, Danny. While there are lots of excellent wordsmiths on the Boneyard, when it comes to capturing the quintessence of UConn WBB in pictures, you are the unrivaled, unequaled maestro. Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us.

Reaction Score
Thanks Danny. It's almost like being there.
Yeah these were basically as good as what we have had the past few years from ESPN. I don't really care about the "game" because it's just men dunking over women, and I'm more worried about injuries like say if 95 lb Mo ran into a male player and twisted an ankle or hurt her foot. I would have liked to have seen the 3 point and dunk contests though. Still can't believe this is Stewie and Mo's last season. Seems like yesterday Stewie was breaking that first 10 games point total record or Pitino being interviewed while watching the championship game against Louisville commenting about how Stewie was the best freshman lady basketball player he had ever seen. I will add that Geno seems obsessed with the attendance thing. Coach, attendance is down everywhere in every sport thanks to high def internet and TV coverage.

HGN

Reaction Score
Still working on it. Had to work yesterday and then the drive up to Storrs took 3 hours because of Friday traffic and loads of accidents. I did not get up there until 5 and doors open at 6. Thanks to friends I was third in line to get autographs and had a front row seat so I was able to take some pictures and shoot video. ABC and Fox news interviewed me and the Hartford Courant had a online photo. Was also lucky enough to catch a t-shirt, well kinda lucky it was thrown right into my chest. It was a real shirt without an advertisements.
Anyway here are links to the 3 videos that are done and to photos that were taken. I am also including the link from ABC 8 NEWS. Need to take a break because this has taken all day just to edit the first 3 which I am doing my best but taking video is a lot harder because people walk in front, the camera heats up and shuts down for a min. It is hard to know where the players were walking out from. I can't film both baskets at same time when 3 point contest was happening and if you go back and forth its just bad filming.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741943.100001448080687&type=1&l=e14ea5c0a0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnQgaMvv4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAOajeoxbd0&feature=youtu.be&t=1m24s

Thanks Danny......I appreciate this. You're the best.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yeah these were basically as good as what we have had the past few years from ESPN. I don't really care about the "game" because it's just men dunking over women, and I'm more worried about injuries like say if 95 lb Mo ran into a male player and twisted an ankle or hurt her foot. I would have liked to have seen the 3 point and dunk contests though. Still can't believe this is Stewie and Mo's last season. Seems like yesterday Stewie was breaking that first 10 games point total record or Pitino being interviewed while watching the championship game against Louisville commenting about how Stewie was the best freshman lady basketball player he had ever seen. I will add that Geno seems obsessed with the attendance thing. Coach, attendance is down everywhere in every sport thanks to high def internet and TV coverage.

Exactly. Watching the women play against the boys is not must-see TV (or video).

As for Geno and his obsession with attendance, I'm sure he's thinking big picture as he should be. Encouraging support of the teams is a good thing.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
Last 2 videos of First night. I know the quality is not the best. The first 5 min of the game I thought was good but after I tried watching the game more and forgot I was filming part of the time and if their was another way for everyone to see it I would not be posting it. My arm also was getting tired.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
DannyK you get good battery life out of your device?

Reaction Score
Only had time for one tonight with baseball, Patriots, and golf. But eternal gratitude for the efforts put forth that brings such enjoyment to the masses. Thank you is so inadequate.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Looks like a fun event. Our equivalent was limited to students so I have to wait a few more weeks to get my basketball fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom