3 teams on UConn's schedule on TV Tues. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3 teams on UConn's schedule on TV Tues.

Reaction Score
As far as tennessee lady vols go, the etsu game tonight is the only lady vol game on espn+ for this season..the rest will be other formats like secn+, which requires a subscription to the sec network

Not true at all, SEC Network and SEC Network+ are both included in ESPN+ subscription!

Reaction Score
About the start of the UTenn game...

The new Kelly-style offense is not discernible.
Seems same-old, same-old to me
Same old lazy and undisciplined Tennessee!

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Not true at all, SEC Network and SEC Network+ are both included in ESPN+ subscription!

Nope espn+ is its own service for 4.99 a month...has absolutely nothing to do with the sec network

Reaction Score
Nope espn+ is its own service for 4.99 a month
No, SEC Network and SEC Network+ are ABSOLUTELY included with ESPN+ subscription! See #3 below. Trust me, I just watched a game tonight on SEC Network+ via ESPN+

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
No, SEC Network and SEC Network+ are ABSOLUTELY included with ESPN+ subscription! See #3 below. Trust me, I just watched a game tonight on SEC Network+ via ESPN+

What game? Espn + is a streaming service..sec network is a subscription thru a cable or satellite provider and it includes sec+

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I had a ton of household chores and a bunch of errands to run today. Got em all done, but I got back late with only time to see the last 4 minutes of the Tennessee game. That game was still undecided with 30 seconds left to play. I don't see UConn having any problems with the LV. There are games on every night on ESPN+. Nirvana for the basketball fan.

As others have mentioned here, $4.99 is a small price to pay for access to these games. I subscribed a month ago. It's worth it. The days of getting these games for free are over. :(

Last edited:

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I had a ton of household chores and a bunch of errands to run today. Got em all done, but I only got to see the last 4 minutes of the Tennessee game. That game was still undecided with 30 seconds left to play. I don't see UConn having any problem with the LV. There are games on every night on ESPN+. Nirvana for the basketball fan.

As others have mentioned here, $4.99 is a small price to pay for access to these games. I subscribed a month ago. It's worth it. The days of getting these games for free are over. :(

Espn+ also had the nd fordham game..i got the 7 day free trial

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Stanford vs Eastern Washington should be live streamed here in 10 minutes. It's on now!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What game? Espn + is a streaming service..sec network is a subscription thru a cable or satellite provider and it includes sec+

Those channels are streamed on ESPN+! ESPN owns the SEC Network and SEC Network+!
Look at the schedule!

Reaction Score
Boxer, if you streaming TV provider, for me YouTubeTV, offers SEC Network then any SEC game not currently being broadcast by your TV provider is available via ESPN+. If your TV provide does not offer that service, say the Big 12 network (YouTubeTV does not offer Big 12) then you will not be able to watch those games. Same thing goes for cable and satellite TV providers, if they offer the basic service then those are available on ESPN+. At least that is how it works for me.

Reaction Score
ND hangs on barely at Fordham

I went to the Fordham/ND game tonight (I'm a Fordham alum and being from CT, a UConn fan). Make no mistake, Fordham should have won this game. Fordham was getting the shots they wanted all night. They missed a couple of bunnies and plenty of wide open 3's (8 for 38 from 3 and many were only lightly contested). They simply were missing largely open shots. ND also shot 31 more FT's than Fordham, which always helps.

Just a few other takeaways. Obviously, it's early, but based on what I saw ND is going to really struggle this year. They obviously lost a lot of key players, and will be relying on Peoples and Brunelle more than they'd probably like to. They're going to have some challenges with rebounding and playing against pressure defense. We'll see.

That said, Fordham is a better team than people realize and may very well be in the tournament against this year. The Rose Hill Gym was sold out and is both a fun place to watch a game and very loud. The app on my phone was reading 105 decibels at several times during the game (that's loud, especially for a largely meaningless game in November).

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
The following teams that we play this season also played. See below:

Cincinnati
Houston
Louisville
Memphis
Notre Dame
SMU
South Carolina
Temple
Tennessee
Tulane
Tulsa
USF

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The following teams that we play this season also played. See below:

Cincinnati
Houston
Louisville
Memphis
Notre Dame
SMU
South Carolina
Temple
Tennessee
Tulane
Tulsa
USF
Louisville is not on the schedule this year.

Reaction Score

First off I read #3, as "your pay TV subscription"...which ESPN+ is not part of any TV subscription.

1573037265705.png

I'm with @Boxerpups4me on this. Putting ESPN+ aside for now.....I'm assuming you also have the ESPN, ESPN2 and other ESPN family channels which may also include the SEC Network (YouTube TV does as others). To view these channels directly on the ESPN app (formely WatchESPN and ESPN3) one must sign in using your TV subscription's providers credentials. Comcast, Cox, YouTube TV...etc.

...now adding ESPN+ into the mix,

For myself, I use a ROKU connected to a big 65" TV. ESPN+ resides within the ESPN app. To view any content the first time on ESPN+ first must authenticate your account with your ESPN+ credentials you registered with. On the ROKU it gives a code to take to computer and to activate my account.

All in all, it does get confusing, but as long as everyone is happy, that's all that matters in the end.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I had a ton of household chores and a bunch of errands to run today. Got em all done, but I got back late with only time to see the last 4 minutes of the Tennessee game. That game was still undecided with 30 seconds left to play. I don't see UConn having any problems with the LV. There are games on every night on ESPN+. Nirvana for the basketball fan.

The thing is, free networks would never televise early season games that we can see now. We have several options now; with network TV, you see what the network wants to show

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I went to the Fordham/ND game tonight (I'm a Fordham alum and being from CT, a UConn fan). Make no mistake, Fordham should have won this game. Fordham was getting the shots they wanted all night. They missed a couple of bunnies and plenty of wide open 3's (8 for 38 from 3 and many were only lightly contested). They simply were missing largely open shots. ND also shot 31 more FT's than Fordham, which always helps.

Just a few other takeaways. Obviously, it's early, but based on what I saw ND is going to really struggle this year. They obviously lost a lot of key players, and will be relying on Peoples and Brunelle more than they'd probably like to. They're going to have some challenges with rebounding and playing against pressure defense. We'll see.

That said, Fordham is a better team than people realize and may very well be in the tournament against this year. The Rose Hill Gym was sold out and is both a fun place to watch a game and very loud. The app on my phone was reading 105 decibels at several times during the game (that's loud, especially for a largely meaningless game in November).
Your Rams were tough. They’ll challenge again this year for the A10 title. As for ND, what a difference a year makes. The Irish looked slow and their offense was stagnant. I believe they shot only 36% for the game. MM is a great coach, but she’s got an enormous job in front of her just to get this team back to the Big Dance. The game on 12/8 at Gampel could get ugly for the Irish.

Reaction Score
SEC, as well as Big Ten, Big 12, are available in DirecTV packages, though I have no interest whatsoever in those conferences and stick with DirecTV solely because I get SNY through them, forcing me to subscribe to Sling to get PAC-12 Network. If Dish has SNY as part of a national package, I would switch. I only went with DirecTV to watch Friday Night Lights in the first place.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
First off I read #3, as "your pay TV subscription"...which ESPN+ is not part of any TV subscription.

View attachment 47790

I'm with @Boxerpups4me on this. Putting ESPN+ aside for now.....I'm assuming you also have the ESPN, ESPN2 and other ESPN family channels which may also include the SEC Network (YouTube TV does as others). To view these channels directly on the ESPN app (formely WatchESPN and ESPN3) one must sign in using your TV subscription's providers credentials. Comcast, Cox, YouTube TV...etc.

...now adding ESPN+ into the mix,

For myself, I use a ROKU connected to a big 65" TV. ESPN+ resides within the ESPN app. To view any content the first time on ESPN+ first must authenticate your account with your ESPN+ credentials you registered with. On the ROKU it gives a code to take to computer and to activate my account.

All in all, it does get confusing, but as long as everyone is happy, that's all that matters in the end.

thank you!! i think you articulated much better than i was able lol and yes, it is super confusing all the different formats and such that you can watch these games on

Reaction Score
thank you!! i think you articulated much better than i was able lol and yes, it is super confusing all the different formats and such that you can watch these games on

I totally misunderstood your point Boxer, I was absolutely wrong. I apologize for the confusion.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I think more & more games are available to watch now. Would you expect to see Baylor vs. New Hampshire or Tennessee vs. E. Tennessee State on free TV - ever?

If I were a Tennessee or Baylor fan, absolutely! :rolleyes:

If I were a fan of East Tennessee State or New Hampshire, I think my expectations might be tempered a bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom