3 players who started didn't score | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3 players who started didn't score

Reaction Score
I think most of us knew this was going to be a tough year but hopeful that Larrier Adams and Gilbert would come back and be solid. If im not mistaken Adams was hurt all summer with ankle issues and didn't work on his game either. Larrier and Gilbert just trying to be able to get on the court. The high expectations are surprising to me. Another reason I can't understand the lack of patience with Ollie by the fan base?
Wow. So Uconn fan expectations are just too high if we expect to be ranked better than #124, better than just 1 game out from .500?? So, what should us unreasonable fans have expected??

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
DO played 5 minutes, Whaley played 14 mins, and Anderson played 32 mins. That's 51 minutes of player-time on the floor. Onuorah and Whaley did not take any shots.

Their combined stat line was:

51 min, 0-3 FG, 0-3 3PT, 0-0 FT, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, and 2 turnovers.

Me, reading that:

tumblr_inline_o3pel9MEid1te58zi_500.gif

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You get 200 minutes to allocate in a regulation contest. UConn spent 51 of them on...that.

My God.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me how DO managed to steal 5 years of higher education
With zero basketball skills.

See, I respect the hustle. Don't want him on the court, but I love that hustle.

C

Chief00

You must be Jalen Ollie or Boo Willingham. Anyone else doesn’t make sense
Or maybe OZ. Rooting for Chill to reel in tuna but optics won’t help the cause other than guaranteed playing time for anyone who could make a basket.

Reaction Score
I am not sure any of our starters would even start for a good top 10 team and I am being serious. JA because of his poor decision making and shooting would be realed in quick by a top Coach who has other quality players at his disposal.

Reaction Score
Rebounds too ... Larrier, 6'8", 39 minutes, got 3 rebounds. Adams and Vital each had 5.

7 rebounds against the big 3, Zona, Auburn and WSU proves someone's not sticking their nose in enough that's for damn sure. No hiding from those numbers at all. I am sure that would be 7 boards in over 100 minutes of basketball, not at all acceptable for a 6'7" guy and if you don't think that hurts then you're crazy.

C

Chief00

7 rebounds against the big 3, Zona, Auburn and WSU proves someone's not sticking their nose in enough that's for damn sure. No hiding from those numbers at all. I am sure that would be 7 boards in over 100 minutes of basketball, not at all acceptable for a 6'7" guy and if you don't think that hurts then you're crazy.
Jim Calhoun was always proud that his teams led the country in rebounding for something like 14 years - a crazy underappreciated statistic for a casual fan. But, basketball people respect it big time!

pj

Reaction Score
Wichita State vs. Connecticut - Box Score - December 30, 2017 - ESPN

I wonder if that has ever happened at UConn before. There's just not enough talent on this roster. After last season and what happened in the offseason we should have seen this coming.

If Anderson is going to contribute 0 pts, 2 rbds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, and 4 personal fouls in 32 minutes, and Onuorah no positive stats with 1 turnover and 2 personal fouls in 5 minutes, then you've got 37 minutes available to distribute to young guys you want to develop.

This year is going to be tough, given the limitations of the roster -- primarily, no point guard, no center, and no 3 pt shooters. But you've got to get the players ready for next year. I was glad to see some defensive intensity against Wichita State.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Diarra and Vital need to start at the 4 and 2. The 5 can be Carlton or Cobb. Carlton really took a big step forward on D against WSU and impacted the game. I don’t understand what Ollie is seeing that causes these lineups. Anderson should back up Adams, and I’d play Polley at the 2 if need be, to keep Anderson on the bench more. He does play great D, but is an offensive liability.

As painful as this offense is to watch, I give credit to the guys for a high effort game and solid defense and rebounding. Imagine if they could shoot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom