3,808 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. That’s my pic above.
I’ll be there Saturday at XL and Tuesday at MSG too. Because, you know, I’m a UConn basketball fan.
Any insights on interaction between KO and the players?

CL82

Reaction Score
The should let them in free on slow nights. You want students to buy fan seats?
Seriously, a couple of days before we should start selling tickets by section to students a a few bucks more than the normal student rate. I'd like to see us line the sidelines with students the way they do at Cameron.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Oh God - I have a meeting that ends in Hartford at 2:30 on Tuesday and have a 9:00 am meeting on Wednesday. I already have a hangover just thinking about it.

Yeah it’s gonna be rough. I’m in office next day even earlier.

Reaction Score
Seriously, a couple of days before we should start selling tickets by section to students a a few bucks more than the normal student rate. I'd like to see us line the sidelines with students the way they do at Cameron.
This will never happen

August_West

Reaction Score
Any insights on interaction between KO and the players?

Yeah actually . Give me a few . I’m still on way home . I live 70 min from Gampel. Don’t want to type a book with my dad driving.

Was 3 yards from him all night and paid attention

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Pisses me off when people complain about student attendance.

I am a student, and the student section was packed. We came in at 7 exactly and had to sit nearly at the top row. And it's like that pretty much every Gampel game. The Colgate game, they started denying people entry into the student section because it was overfilled. They had to send students to the general sections, where no one was. So stop with this myth that students dont show up. Look at the student section each game.

How about we talk about the general fans. Barely a soul in the upper sections.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Students don't show up to XL at all. Maybe 100 and I'm counting the cheerleaders, dance team, spirit quad or whatever it is. Congrats on walking 500 yards to Gampel though.
Yeah, such fairweather fans for wanting to watch the game at home rather than drive an hour to a tuesday night conference game against Tulane.

It's the product that's the issue. Not the students.

Reaction Score
Yeah, such fairweather fans for wanting to watch the game at home rather than drive an hour to a tuesday night conference game against Tulane.

It's the product that's the issue. Not the students.

Can't call out the general fans in one post for not coming to Storrs and defend students for not going to Hartford. Getting to Storrs for most people is much more of a time commitment than getting to Hartford for students. And even in the Big East days when we had good teams, Hartford student section would only be full for the biggest of games

At Gampel is the upper level across from the main student section still for students? Cuz that looked empty on TV. I agree students were very loud tonight though.

Reaction Score
Students don't show up to XL at all. Maybe 100 and I'm counting the cheerleaders, dance team, spirit quad or whatever it is. Congrats on walking 500 yards to Gampel though.
UConn has one of the highest percentages of students living on campus in the country at around 67%. For simplicity's sake, we'll say 50% don't have a car on campus as only juniors and above can have them and many not needing one . So about 33% of UConn's student body don't even have a car to get to XL Center, let alone to drive the 45 minutes there, pay to park, the 45 minutes back, on a weeknight during one of the most challenging parts of the semester

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Can't call out the general fans in one post for not coming to Storrs and defend students for not going to Hartford. Getting to Storrs for most people is much more of a time commitment than getting to Hartford for students. And even in the Big East days when we had good teams, Hartford student section would only be full for the biggest of games

At Gampel is the upper level across from the main student section still for students? Cuz that looked empty on TV. I agree students were very loud tonight though.
Fair enough, that was a bit contradictory.
Either way, you can't expect great attendance when the product on the court is so poor (between the conference and the current quality of UConn basketball). I'm just saying, students are far from the issue.

Edit: Going off of what KSC94 said, it's more difficult to pack the XL with students than for a general fan to come to Storrs. You have to figure there are plenty of people in reasonable distance of Storrs to get in their car and drive their ass down to Gampel.

Reaction Score
More? Sell students tickets in those sections for $5. Better to make only $5 on the ticket and have butts in the seats that are going to yell and have fun.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
remember in I think it was the 06 season there was a blizzard and people donated their tickets to students if they couldn’t get there and there was like 8000 in Gampel for the fame? Yeah well do you remember losing!?

August_West

Reaction Score
remember in I think it was the 06 season there was a blizzard and people donated their tickets to students if they couldn’t get there and there was like 8000 in Gampel for the fame? Yeah well do you remember losing!?
Against Pitt. Was great until Chevy Troutman ate our lunch

CL82

Reaction Score
More? Sell students tickets in those sections for $5. Better to make only $5 on the ticket and have butts in the seats that are going to yell and have fun.
Yeah, just don't want to make it cheaper than getting student season tickets.

Reaction Score
KO is not helping. Fans want to see either a happy KO or a pissed off KO. Instead we see a frowning KO. It's discouraging to watch.

Some of you have to a conclusion on KO, but I haven't. The roster problems are all on KO, but I thought we could give him the next 2 years to turn the roster around after it blew up at the end of last year. It's not like there're were all these 4* and 5* players around in the Spring to rebuild the roster.

I knew the players were going to struggle to come together as a team, but the lack of effort against Arkansas and the sluggishness to start the game tonight are very concerning. Throw in the injuries and this team could be in trouble, but I'm not giving up yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom