3-6-21 Saturday Viewing Guide and Discussion Thread | The Boneyard

3-6-21 Saturday Viewing Guide and Discussion Thread

Reaction Score

Noon:

• Georgetown @ UConn - CBS: Just keep winning…
  • Sacred Heart @ Bryant - NEC semi finals for Sacred Heart. Very impressed how Anthony Latina has led the Pioneers this year. Their starting backcourt transferred, EJ Anosike took a grad year at Tennessee and their starting center graduates and still, they are a semi final team in the tournament. Kudos to Sacred Heart. Wish this game wasn’t on at noon. Bryant are heavy favorites as one of the best low-major teams in the country.
1 PM:
  • Arch Madness semis: Loyola-Chicago vs Indiana State - CBSSN.
2 PM:
  • #17 Oklahoma State @ #6 West Virginia - ESPN2: I’m shocked but not surprised the NCAA hasn’t yet decided the fate of Oklahoma State yet, but they’ve been impressive going 3-1 in their recent four-game gauntlet. Mentioned earlier this year, sophomore lead guard Miles McBride is the #1 reason why West Virginia has legit Final Four aspirations. Best offensive player in Morgantown since Jevon Carter. Will Cunningham play (ankle)?
  • Indiana @ #23 Purdue - ESPN: Bubble Alert: Go Purdue!
2:30 PM:
  • #10 Villanova @ Providence - FOX: First game without Gillespie. How will Justin Moore and Caleb Daniels respond to carrying the load in the backcourt?
3 PM:
  • LSU @ Missouri - SEC Network: Both teams are dancing, but LSU needs to solidify their resume if they want to prevent a play-in game.
4 PM:
  • #4 Illinois @ #7 Ohio State - ESPN: Last week, most had Ohio State as the 4th #1 seed. What about now?
  • Butler @ #14 Creighton - FOX: Losers of two in a row against Xavier and Villanova, Creighton needs a win to feel like they can enter the BET as the championship favorites. How will they respond after the McDermott news?
  • #21 Virginia @ Louisville - ESPN2: Root for Virginia to win. Helps UConn having a better resume over Louisville as both are similarly matched up right now.
  • USC @ UCLA - CBS: Root for USC. Same reason as above.
  • Arch Madness semis: Drake & Missouri State/Valpo
6 PM:
  • Duke @ North Carolina - ESPN: Root for UNC. Another loss makes it three in a row and finishes their season at 11-11 giving an emphatic POP to their bubble.
  • A-10 semis: Saint Bonaventure vs Saint Louis - CBSSN: Must-win for Saint Louis for a chance at an at-large.
7 PM:
  • Seton Hall @ St. John’s - FS1: Must win for Seton Hall and you know St. John’s would love to play not only spoiler, but an outside chance at an at-large bid if they win this game and make a run in the BET.
8 PM:
  • Ohio Valley Championship - ESPN2: Jacksonville State/Belmont & Eastern Kentucky/Morehead State semis are tonight. Belmont are the huge favorites and no one wants to play them in March.
9 PM:
  • Xavier @ Marquette - FS1: Xavier is 2-4 in their last six. This is a must win if they want to be considered for an at-large bid.
  • A-10 semis: VCU vs Davidson - CBSSN: VCU should get into the tournament, but a win here should secure their spot.
SUNDAY BONUS:
12 PM -

• Big South championship: Campbell @ Winthrop - ESPN: All the potential high seeds are rooting for Campbell in this one. With their hounding defense, stout rebounding, deep bench and strong shooting, no one wants to play Winthrop in the first round.
2 PM:
  • Atlantic Sun championship- ESPN: Liberty vs FGCU/North Alabama
2:10 PM. -CBSSN:
  • Missouri Valley championship.

Reaction Score
Mid-major championship update:

8 PM on ESPN2.
The Ohio Valley Championship will be #1 Belmont vs #2 Morehead State.

2 PM SUNDAY on ESPN: The A-Sun championship game features Liberty vs North Alabama.

Since North Alabama is not eligible for the NCAA tournament (new to D1), Liberty is automatically the representative from the A-Sun.

Similar to Merrimack last year and Bellarmine this year, it's really awesome that new D1 programs work their butts off irregardless to them not being eligible to postseason tournaments. Hats off to their players and coaches.

Reaction Score
Mid-major championship update:

8 PM on ESPN2.
The Ohio Valley Championship will be #1 Belmont vs #2 Morehead State.

2 PM SUNDAY on ESPN: The A-Sun championship game features Liberty vs North Alabama.

Since North Alabama is not eligible for the NCAA tournament (new to D1), Liberty is automatically the representative from the A-Sun.

Similar to Merrimack last year and Bellarmine this year, it's really awesome that new D1 programs work their butts off irregardless to them not being eligible to postseason tournaments. Hats off to their players and coaches.

Credit to North Alabama but if your in D1 you should be eligible a very dumb rule.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Thank you, sir - this is a necessary thread for me to stay organized and see what times I can actually check the games.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Losses by LSU and Okla St (missing Cade) could allow us to move up two spots in NET. Which may not be worth anything other than getting a better draw against a weaker #1.

Reaction Score
We get to root against LSU, Louisville, and Mick Cronin today. Should be a fun day.
Agree - think we should be rooting for USC and Mizzou. Think UCLA and LSU could jump us with wins. Both are very close to us and will get another quad 1 win if they win. We don’t have a quad 1 opportunity today. USC winning doesn’t necessarily help us because it will be a quad 1 win regardless but UCLA could jump us.

hopefully Pitt can pull off a semi miracle

Reaction Score
Disagree - think we should be rooting for USC and Mizzou. Think UCLA and LSU could jump us with wins. Both are very close to us and will get another quad 1 win if they win. We don’t have a quad 1 opportunity today. USC winning doesn’t necessarily help us because it will be a quad 1 win regardless but UCLA could jump us.

hopefully Pitt can pull off a semi miracle
I agree, I said root against.

Reaction Score
Too late to edit my original post, but the noon Bryant/Sacred Heart NEC conference semis game is on SNY. Will have UConn game on TV and SNY on the laptop.

Great news for Sacred Heart, but not enough news for me to jump on the +7 Sacred Heart bet.

Some context to the recent Sacred Heart omnipresence on my posts: my dad is an alum, my sister is a professor and the campus is 20 minutes from my house. Starting taking my nephews to games there in the 18-19 season so they've become my low-major team of choice. Go Pioneers!

Reaction Score
Providence boatracing a Gillespie-less Nova. Imagine the Wildcats without Gillespie for 8 games...

Hurley = BE COY

Reaction Score
Too late to edit my original post, but the noon Bryant/Sacred Heart NEC conference semis game is on SNY. Will have UConn game on TV and SNY on the laptop.

Great news for Sacred Heart, but not enough news for me to jump on the +7 Sacred Heart bet.

Some context to the recent Sacred Heart omnipresence on my posts: my dad is an alum, my sister is a professor and the campus is 20 minutes from my house. Starting taking my nephews to games there in the 18-19 season so they've become my low-major team of choice. Go Pioneers!

A good friend of mine just accepted a professorship there for next year and another good friend's niece is going in the fall. They're about to become my second favorite team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Every one of the Nova players do the Gillespie thing with using their arm to push off while backing in to the lane. It is so YMCA lunchtime ball.

Reaction Score
A good friend of mine just accepted a professorship there for next year and another good friend's niece is going in the fall. They're about to become my second favorite team.
My sister has taught in the science department for three years and she's been treated very well there.

She has a pretty cool gig where she's a 0.5 teacher in a public high school and then she teaches night classes at SHU. Loves it there.

Reaction Score
My sister has taught in the science department for three years and she's been treated very well there.

She has a pretty cool gig where she's a 0.5 teacher in a public high school and then she teaches night classes at SHU. Loves it there.
Fascinating. We'll have to touch base as my friend is going to be starting up a lab there this fall.

Reaction Score
Nova lost point guard Justin Moore to a sprained ankle.

BET will be wide open next week. Have to think we are now the odds on favorite and after us anybody (outside of DePaul) can win.

Reaction Score
Still to come today in Big East Conference action.

5:00 PM- FOX- Butler vs. Creighton
KEVIN KUGLER, NICK BAHE

7:00 PM- FS1- Seton Hall vs. St. John's
KEVIN BURKHARDT, JIM JACKSON

9:00 PM- FS1- Xavier vs. Marquette
BOB BRAINERD, JESS SETTLES

Big East Women's Tournament

6:00 PM- FS2- (W) Big East Women's Quarterfinal #3- Marquette vs Providence
JOHN FANTA, KIM ADAMS

9:00 PM- FS2- (W) Big East Women's Quarterfinal #4- Seton Hall vs Creighton
JOHN FANTA, KIM ADAMS

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd say Providence is a poorly coached team as they piss away another big lead.

Reality is the players are just not that good. They can lay bricks from anywhere and have very few players who can create their own shot.

Reaction Score
Nova lost point guard Justin Moore to a sprained ankle.

BET will be wide open next week. Have to think we are now the odds on favorite and after us anybody (outside of DePaul) can win.
Does FanDuel do Big East Tournament futures? I'd hedge my bets going in on both UConn and Creighton. I'd feel real good making a profit with that approach.

Reaction Score
I'd say Providence is a poorly coached team as they piss away another big lead.

Reality is the players are just not that good. They can lay bricks from anywhere and have very few players who can create their own shot.
I remember FriarJ predicted David Duke would be a higher '21 NBA pick than Bouknight. Fun chuckle out of that one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom