2nd year in a row they laid an egg | The Boneyard

2nd year in a row they laid an egg

Reaction Score
As the higher seed. I'm so mad because after last year I thought they would come out and play much better. Since it's mostly the same team, is it these players who can't play under pressure? Or is it the coaching staff who can't get the team ready? Or some of both? I am so mad right now.

Reaction Score
This is a fact.

Our teams under Hurley consistently play extremely tight, always panic, lose too many games we shouldn’t and generally come up short in important games.

Yeah we are tough and generally play good defense.

A good “Culture” is nice to have but talent and strategy win games. We haven’t had much on the strategy part.

But next year the team will wear shirts that say something to remind them of this loss abs everything will be better! Lol

Reaction Score
As the higher seed. I'm so mad because after last year I thought they would come out and play much better. Since it's mostly the same team, is it these players who can't play under pressure? Or is it the coaching staff who can't get the team ready? Or some of both? I am so mad right now.
One player that can create / multiple non shooters on floor at all times. Can’t believe we didn’t take a guard like Fatts or someone similar. Would have taken so much pressure off everyone.

Hurley pissed away a good 3 in TMart/Cole/Sanogo - they needed a quick creator/shooter to that mix. He didn’t want to hurt Gaffney’s feelings it seemed like. Huge miscalculation.

Felt like we were a football team trying to win 13-10 all year. Hard to win like that.

Reaction Score
Did not chase the ball and play hard. We could have won but the effort was not there. If you aren't up for NCAA Tourney game, what's going on? Some thoughtless plays and bad fouls.

Thanks Isiah and Tyler for coming back. Wish it was a better ending.

Reaction Score
The only redeemable thing is that the 2nd half was better than last year…….. call it a hot take or whatever but the coaching staff shat the bed to let it happen twice IN A ROW!!!! They got embarrassed.
It’s UNACCEPTABLE

Reaction Score
They let literally one player beat them because they had zero intensity in the first half. How do you walk out and play that lackadaisical in the first half of the NCAA tournament. This is what it’s all for. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a 2nd half coach, problem is hes a 2nd half coach only. I knew we would fight in the 2nd half and make a run, we make it too much of a habit.

Reaction Score
This is a fact.

Our teams under Hurley consistently play extremely tight, always panic, lose too many games we shouldn’t and generally come up short in important games.

Yeah we are tough and generally play good defense.

A good “Culture” is nice to have but talent and strategy win games. We haven’t had much on the strategy part.
Agree on all counts. And tonight, We weren’t the tougher team AT ALL. They killed us on the glass when it mattered.

Gotta have ballers. Can’t have one overachieving (re warrior) at guard. Not enough.

Reaction Score
Going to do my first desk pop (other guys) “fire Hurley”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom