2nd place - Ahhhh yeah | The Boneyard

2nd place - Ahhhh yeah

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Just think. That stupid 3 doesnt go down against Tulsa and we are virtually tied for 2nd. We couldn't catch a break. Never do.

But by staying connected as a team and taking adversity and bad breaks as a challenge and another hill to climb we can start to make our own breaks. Starting with SMU.

Reaction Score
I can smell the tournament bye
I don't know if you heard but one of the Hurley boys is coming here to coach. Could National Championships be far behind? If he can keep the team in third place we'll be good.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Jarrey Foster out for the season (ACL).

Without Larrier it will be tough but hopefully we can grind this one out.

Yup and Tacko out for UCF.

We are going to need to share the ball. When you go through trying times, you don't stop trying. It sets up beautifully with SMU, Temple, and UCF all teams we are vying for in the race for AAC tournament bye.

as long as we Play for one another, and play the right way. The right way is believing in what's on your chest and not what's on your back.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I appreciate you Aug. You're ten rib tips in. I hope you are right. I just can't see it right now. I'm still on the ship but I'm hanging on for dear life.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I appreciate you Aug. You're ten rib tips in. I hope you are right. I just can't see it right now. I'm still on the ship but I'm hanging on for dear life.

It's a tough season. We have alternately looked unwell and on the right track (lately)

But there is actually something tangible to play for these next 3 games. If you can't get up for them, why bother at all? Because if we lose them it's going to be the AAC tourney before we get a meaningful game again.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't know if you heard but one of the Hurley boys is coming here to coach. Could National Championships be far behind? If he can keep the team in third place we'll be good.
SuperJohn maybe working on a deal that brings the father in as Head Coach and the two sons as assistants but co-coaches in waiting - The Boneyard tells us this

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Yup and Tacko out for UCF.

We are going to need to share the ball. When you go through trying times, you don't stop trying. It sets up beautifully with SMU, Temple, and UCF all teams we are vying for in the race for AAC tournament bye.

as long as we Play for one another, and play the right way. The right way is believing in what's on your chest and not what's on your back.
Tacko is out alright. For the season. Sucks in a way for me because I will be at that game in Orlando with my son who lives in Savannah. I just wanted to see this giant play in person. Anyway,with Tacko out it may be trouble for us. Who will take his place. Who ever it is I am sure will have better feet movement, able to hang on to the ball. Also maybe Jalen and Vital can't fake him out like they did Tacko. We sill see. Not a negative Nancy here just wondering.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Tacko is out alright. For the season. Sucks in a way for me because I will be at that game in Orlando with my son who lives in Savannah. I just wanted to see this giant play in person. Anyway,with Tacko out it may be trouble for us. Who will take his place. Who ever it is I am sure will have better feet movement, able to hang on to the ball. Also maybe Jalen and Vital can't fake him out like they did Tacko. We sill see. Not a negative Nancy here just wondering.

Its actually a legit concern.

For some reason we play better against Tacko than most teams and are able to defend him (whats that? a defensive gameplan exectuted by players? Who woulda thunk it) and work around him offensively.

We may have been better off with Tacko in.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
^^^
I feel like my hard work, effort, and tag line have finally reached you, AW. They've finally reached you... :cool:

Go Huskies!!!

Ahhh yeah!

First you bring the sugar, then you bring the hot sauce!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Ahhh yeah!

First you bring the sugar, then you bring the hot sauce!

Sweet and spicy, just like my wife! Well, but without the sweet... :eek:

(I'm kidding, she'll be up for sainthood in a couple of years for staying married to me for so long)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I am convinced that superjohn is the business agent for the entire Hurley family.

We are not going to let him spoil us fans who want to enjoy playing for something 7 games into the conference season. This is a Hurley free thread.

giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom