2nd place - Ahhhh yeah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2nd place - Ahhhh yeah

Reaction Score
Wait, what is this? Optimism?? What's wrong with you AW? You should know better. You're gonna bring out all the doubting Dobby trolls with this stuff. You ought to be beating yourself and the team and the coach and the program up, not trying to be hopeful about what opportunity there still might be. Now go put some woe-sauce on that turkey sandwich, commie!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
This is a big one Thursday.

SMU tough but beatable. We are without Terry.

BUT....................

It's in Gampel and Vital has his best games in Gampel. It's uncanny.

I will make a deal with the mojo gods.

I will have Turkey and Ketchup in the house. If we are up 6 points or more at the half I will eat Turkey and Ketchup throughout the 2nd half and bring this win home.

Reaction Score
This is a big one Thursday.

SMU tough but beatable. We are without Terry.

BUT.....

It's in Gampel and Vital has his best games in Gampel. It's uncanny.

I will make a deal with the mojo gods.

I will have Turkey and Ketchup in the house. If we are up 6 points or more at the half I will eat Turkey and Ketchup throughout the 2nd half and bring this win home.
Deal! And I will eat my most hated food... Pepperoni pizza. Blech! Yuck! Ewww! I'm getting the heebie-jeebies just thinking about. Hey, it's what we do as fans, right?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You're gonna bring out all the doubting Dobby trolls with this stuff.

Dobby_WB_F2_DobbyClickingFingersCastingSpell_Still_080615_Land.jpg

Reaction Score
SuperJohn maybe working on a deal that brings the father in as Head Coach and the two sons as assistants but co-coaches in waiting - The Boneyard tells us this
The dad is a good man like many who went to the Prep. Only time he ever really thought about college coaching was at Seton Hall but he could never leave St. Anthony's. The sons are just getting started though.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We are not going to let him spoil us fans who want to enjoy playing for something 7 games into the conference season. This is a Hurley free thread.

giphy.gif

Yes, we have a definitive goal for the end of the regular season. We will all be chanting in unison, "We're No. 5!"

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
It's a tough season. We have alternately looked unwell and on the right track (lately)

But there is actually something tangible to play for these next 3 games. If you can't get up for them, why bother at all? Because if we lose them it's going to be the AAC tourney before we get a meaningful game again.
It is a tough season. After a tough season. I drove my son back to school on Saturday and forgot to tape the Nova game. That has never happened to me before. In past years I'd tell my kids that nothing happens during the game because I'm going to watch it live. I hope the Huskies turn it around. If not, maybe we'll get a lottery pick in this new player distribution system I recently read about.

Reaction Score
We may not win the AAC season, but we get a post right before the tournament from Maker's Muppet. And you all know the rest.

Reaction Score
Tacko is out alright. For the season. Sucks in a way for me because I will be at that game in Orlando with my son who lives in Savannah. I just wanted to see this giant play in person. Anyway,with Tacko out it may be trouble for us. Who will take his place. Who ever it is I am sure will have better feet movement, able to hang on to the ball. Also maybe Jalen and Vital can't fake him out like they did Tacko. We sill see. Not a negative Nancy here just wondering.
I thought his backup was better than him last game. At least rebounding and running the floor. Hard to beat Tacko under the basket.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the next two games could be huge, I'll be there doing my best

a couple of wins, confidence surges and the kids start making shots they've been making their whole life before this year

they're better shooters than they've shown, or they wouldn't have made it this far

Reaction Score
Good thing (for one's health) to be optimistic................the main goal right now is to finish in the top 5 for the AAC tourney to avoid the 4th game.

Unless we plan on running the table to finish the season we have zero chance for an at-large, we fail every metric especially the eye-test.

If we finish in the top 5 then I give us about a 7% chance of winning the AAC tourney.....so yes there is hope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom