2nd Half Thread: UConn 49-Fairfield 20 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2nd Half Thread: UConn 49-Fairfield 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks. Some indication of Kiah's potential, when she is only 5 on a scale of 10:

“She has to compete,’’ Auriemma said. “She has to come to practice every day and compete. And right now, she doesn’t do that on a regular basis. If you say, 'Well, on a scale of 1-10, how competitive is she on a regular basis?’ Three. And that just doesn’t get it. And every once in a while she’ll get up to five and it’ll look like she’s Hakeem Olajuwon just by being at five. And she knows this. I’m not saying anything that she doesn’t already know. You either do that or you don’t play, which is unfortunate because that’s an area where we need bodies.’’

What we love about Shea, and Geno being hilarious:

“I don’t know what motivates anybody any more,’’ Auriemma said. “I used to think that people were so prideful, people were so intent on getting my minutes, making sure that I play, making sure I contribute. And I use Shea Ralph as a perfect example. When I benched her, just for a half, forget a whole game… I benched Shea Ralph for a half, and I knew somebody was going to get their (butt) beat that day. I just was hoping it wouldn’t be me. I knew somehow, some way, somebody was going to pay for that, and it ended up being the other team in the second half. But I knew if I didn’t play her the whole game, something bad would’ve happened at practice the next day. I probably would not have come to practice. I would be fearing for my life. But today’s kids, I think they just go, `Uh, whatever.’’’

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Did anyone see the Geno show last night on CPTV? The interview from 1994 was hysterical. My wife's comment was that the Geno of 1994 reminded her of the young John Travolta.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Did anyone see the Geno show last night on CPTV? The interview from 1994 was hysterical. My wife's comment was that the Geno of 1994 reminded her of the young John Travolta.
It was hilarious. I mentioned it in the game thread.

Reaction Score

Young John Travolta (Tony Manero!) or Frankie Avalon. I couldn't wrap my mind around its being Geno!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Thanks. Some indication of Kiah's potential, when she is only 5 on a scale of 10:

“She has to compete,’’ Auriemma said. “She has to come to practice every day and compete. And right now, she doesn’t do that on a regular basis. If you say, 'Well, on a scale of 1-10, how competitive is she on a regular basis?’ Three. And that just doesn’t get it. And every once in a while she’ll get up to five and it’ll look like she’s Hakeem Olajuwon just by being at five. And she knows this. I’m not saying anything that she doesn’t already know. You either do that or you don’t play, which is unfortunate because that’s an area where we need bodies.’’

What we love about Shea, and Geno being hilarious:

“I don’t know what motivates anybody any more,’’ Auriemma said. “I used to think that people were so prideful, people were so intent on getting my minutes, making sure that I play, making sure I contribute. And I use Shea Ralph as a perfect example. When I benched her, just for a half, forget a whole game… I benched Shea Ralph for a half, and I knew somebody was going to get their (butt) beat that day. I just was hoping it wouldn’t be me. I knew somehow, some way, somebody was going to pay for that, and it ended up being the other team in the second half. But I knew if I didn’t play her the whole game, something bad would’ve happened at practice the next day. I probably would not have come to practice. I would be fearing for my life. But today’s kids, I think they just go, `Uh, whatever.’’’
I agree

thanks for the quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member