2nd Half Thread: UConn 49-Fairfield 20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2nd Half Thread: UConn 49-Fairfield 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The Swedish would be spirituella mentorn. Or andligt mentorn.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Delaware loses by 9 as MD closes out with two foul shots. EDD finishes with 32 and 7 rebounds.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nice give and go from MJ to Banks. Then Banks with a great steal.

Banks with 12 on the night.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
CPTV will show the presentation after the game.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I hope Kiah gets out of the doghouse, we could use her against ND.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Its in her control. It is all about effort.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else who watched the game on CPTV get annoyed on how Bob kept bringing up Kiah not playing? Geez, we get it . Leave the poor girl alone.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Did anyone else who watched the game on CPTV get annoyed on how Bob kept bringing up Kiah not playing? Geez, we get it . Leave the poor girl alone.

No, I wasn't annoyed. I find it interesting. But partly because the coverage of UConn seems to be different than other teams. How many teams in sports have their practices covered in such detail that we know whether it was ended 1/2 hour short by the coach in anger or frustration? We hear over and over how important the practices are and even sometimes (I think Maria Conlon said it tonight) that the practices are often harder than the games. One of the things that obviously makes Geno Auriemma the great coach he is is his practices and what he expects from players. Whether he was pissed at Kiah Stokes for how she practiced, or whether there was some other reason for her not playing, it is important to the UConn fan to know just what's going on. If someone doesn't play in a blowout game in this context, isn't it something that the broadcaster should tell us?

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
CPTV will show the presentation after the game.

It would have been nice if they had at least mentioned the names of the other members of the team, even if they couldn't be there (at least they weren't mentioned in the CPTV coverage after the game).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I noticed what Meghan said during the Charleston game and posted it in a post-game thread. She said something to the effect that "Kiah must learn to bring a consistently strong effort every single night." My impression was that she was relaying something she heard from Geno. I think she was very tuned in and I hope Kiah reacts as Stefanie did tonight.

Reaction Score
I think I got mentioned more than once only as other players who saw limited time -- Lauren and Michala -- came into the game. Picozzi just felt he needed to mention that there was just one left on the bench. Given what Geno has said recently about players needing to step up and become more consistent, Picozzi's comments were appropriate, I thought.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She has already said she knows she is in the right place. No need to entertain thoughts on anything else.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I noticed what Meghan said during the Charleston game and posted it in a post-game thread. She said something to the effect that "Kiah must learn to bring a consistently strong effort every single night." My impression was that she was relaying something she heard from Geno. I think she was very tuned in and I hope Kiah reacts as Stefanie did tonight.
That is something Geno has been saying for over a month. The horde have mentioned it and the kids have mentioned it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom