25 year anniversary | Page 2 | The Boneyard

25 year anniversary

Reaction Score
She took the brunt of it, but it was still a blocking foul. She never established position.

5349E806-3C48-4CFA-9F73-D1F53DED976E.jpg

Reaction Score
I know it's been said before, but Vitale really bungled that call at the end

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
My first favorite player was Donyell, he really got me into UConn. But Ray overtook him fairly quickly for me. This is the signature moment from his career I still vividly remember where I was when watching. It's my first real memory of the BE tourney as well.

Me and my best friend were in his room hanging out as 13-14 year olds, huge bball fans watching a great matchup. We all liked AI, he was so cool, but I had become a pretty big diehard UConn fan by that point. I remember losing it and running around his hallway after they won. I still can't believe he made that shot and I still am not sure it's not a travel.

I also will always have the image of his face and that weird smile, running down the court pumping his arms like a maniac, etched in my brain.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
By the way - that era of big shirts and amazing sneakers gives me SERIOUS nostalgia. I want to be back in 8th grade at that bball camp in July for a week.

Reaction Score
I didnt see the Williams miss live. Like a fool I was screaming and running down the hall of my dorm. Celebrating Ray's basket. I'm not sure what was going through my head. I quite literally lost my mind.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I didnt see the Williams miss live. Like a fool I was screaming and running down the hall of my dorm. Celebrating Ray's basket. I'm not sure what was going through my head.
You were screaming, "Don't mess with the Drunkyard Dogs!!!!!"

Reaction Score
You were screaming, "Don't mess with the Drunkyard Dogs!!!!!"
This may shock you, but I think at that point in life I had drank/drunk less than 5 beers. I probably didn't finish any of them.

My hysterical behavior did startle some of the girls on my floor.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How big was Kirk King and TK in that game. Wow. Can’t believe it was 25 years ago.

Ricky Moore as a freshman playing D on AI late was amazing too.

First two minutes of the highights show how good and versatile Travis Knight was for the Huskies. He had blocks on defense, rebound with nice outlet pass, hit a face up J from the FT line and slammed one home on the break. He was just a real good player who did exactly what those teams needed from a center.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also, looking at the video, check it out around the 2:10 mark. Ricky has a real bad 3 from the corner and AI gets the ball and starts flying down the court. Ricky meets up with him by halfcourt and goes step by step with AI the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
My roommates and I did a shot of C&C for every three pointer either Ray or AI made........I don’t remember leaving the house and walking to the Bidwell. But I did wake up with the bartender!
Winning.

Reaction Score
This video gives you a bit more.....

Thanks for posting this. Great to relive this again. Garden was alive and loud that night. I only remember the nosie level being higher during Zeppelin concerts I saw there.

Reaction Score
Truly one of the great moments in UConn history, and perhaps the best Big East matchup ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom