25 year anniversary | The Boneyard

25 year anniversary

Reaction Score
My roommates and I did a shot of C&C for every three pointer either Ray or AI made........I don’t remember leaving the house and walking to the Bidwell. But I did wake up with the bartender!

Reaction Score
I watched this on a small TV in our bedroom while my wife was watching her stuff downstairs. She came up to go to bed with 5:00 to go and Travis Knight fouls out and Boom! UConn is down 10. She looks at the score and says, 'what's worng with UConn"?? And from there, UConn finishes on 12-1 run.

Reaction Score
John Thompson screwed up by taking the air out of the ball and killing clock every possession down the stretch.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
My roommates and I did a shot of C&C for every three pointer either Ray or AI made........I don’t remember leaving the house and walking to the Bidwell. But I did wake up with the bartender!
Now the username makes sense.

Reaction Score
Still have no idea how Ray made that shot and Jerome Williams missed the layup.
Completely agree on Williams and every single time I see it, I still don't believe he missed it. I liked him as a player, he was like Adrien and was just a relentless beast on stuff around the rim. We had a horseshoe up our keester in the last 5 seconds.

Reaction Score
I was up at UMass than in enemy territory I remember watching the game with my man who is a Uconn another one of my boys who was a Georgetown fan and my buddy who was. Umass fan. the garden was electric that night - the peak of the big East Dickie V and Brad Nessler were doing the call this was when Dickie V was actually cool and fun. Great memories.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Did he at least give you free drinks after that?

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Was lucky enough to be there. Amazing how loud that place got the final 3 minutes. I remember it was frigid outside that night also.

Reaction Score
Remember the games like it was yesterday, time sure flies!

Reaction Score
Every time I say Kemba is my favorite Uconn player I think of Chris Smith. I cant turn my back on him my first favorite Uconn player!

Reaction Score
I was at that game (and unfortunately the game in dc earlier that season). Was sitting behind the hoop at floor level
Most of the fame, and seeing Jahidi White dunk was terrifying. Somehow we worked out way to mid court lower section by the end of the game and it was bedlam. Couldnt wait to get back to the car to hear to post game show on the way home.

Reaction Score
Every time I say Kemba is my favorite Uconn player I think of Chris Smith. I cant turn my back on him my first favorite Uconn player!
I was honestly one of the only UConn fans at my high school in the late 80's. When UConn won the NIT in 1988, I bought a UConn NIT Champs shirt and wore it to school. Kids said, "UConn???", but I knew it was the start of something big. When it was announced that Chris Smith and Scott Burrell were coming to UConn, the buzz started.

Reaction Score
Funny part you get in this video at 15:27 that most people don’t know. When Ray does that little pirouette as he runs by the bench, it looked like sort of a funny celebratory move. It was actually because he crushed a poor female student manager, who stepped away from the bench and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can see just a little of her getting blasted in the replay. She would have been famous in the social media era since someone would have gotten a good clip on their phone.
This video gives you a bit more.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom