Men - #25 UConn v. Bryant College (Wednesday 3/23/22 @3:05p @ Elliot Ballpark) Game streamed on FloSports. Audio on ESPN 97.9/MIXLR | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men #25 UConn v. Bryant College (Wednesday 3/23/22 @3:05p @ Elliot Ballpark) Game streamed on FloSports. Audio on ESPN 97.9/MIXLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 7th, Sam Favieri in to pitch for UConn. Looking like a good game to get some lesser used pitchers some time on the mound in these late innings.

Favieri gives up a leadoff walk, then gets 3 outs in a row, including 2 strikeouts. 8-0 UConn.

Reaction Score
Bottom 7th, Chris Brown with a 1 out double, 2 hits and a walk on the game. This is what midweek games are for, getting guys like Brown going. I especially like the walk since it took him awhile this season to get one.

Brown scores on an rbi ground out by Stock. 9-0 UConn.

Reaction Score
Afthim gives up a leadoff walk. a 2 out double brings in a run for Bryant to make it 9-1 UConn going to the bottom of the 8th. 2 strikeouts for Afthim.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bottom 8th, a scoreless inning for the UConn offense.

Devin Kirby on to pitch the top of the 9th.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Nice win. This is leading me to believe that the team was getting (understandably) tired during that last series and are feeling refreshed upon arrival home.

Reaction Score
Thawing out as that got damn cold fast. Pitching threw strikes, hitters took walks and got on base when opportunities presented themselves. Didn’t blow open game until middle innings but you can see the depth between the two programs become readily apparent. Nice to see brown get a couple hits, stock just looks like a damn pro and no base running gaffes….all in all a good day at Elliot.

Reaction Score
This was a great confidence game for so many in our bullpen, especially Cooke and Chudoba who both returned to form and pitched well. A good win against a quality mid major

Reaction Score
Thawing out as that got damn cold fast. Pitching threw strikes, hitters took walks and got on base when opportunities presented themselves. Didn’t blow open game until middle innings but you can see the depth between the two programs become readily apparent. Nice to see brown get a couple hits, stock just looks like a damn pro and no base running gaffes….all in all a good day at Elliot.
Sounds like you were at the game. Looks like many empty seats. How many fans were at the game?

Reaction Score

Sounds like we might be seeing more of Sam Favieri and Devin Kirby.

This one is worth listening to just for the crummy Cookie word play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At the game now. Chudoba (or is it Cole? Board here/chatter in the park is Chudoba) is a in warrior. If you didn’t see, after walking a guy with a HBP, he gave up a “single” off of his arm. A few minutes in pain checking the injury - then stays in to get one more out via a strikeout to the cheering roars of his dugout. Looked painful, great outing. Hope his arm’s not hurt too bad.

I was on my way home from work listening to the game on my phone when Cole Chudoba got hit in the arm. Chris Jones on the broadcast was definitely concerned, but Chudoba came back very nicely. In the post game interview, Chudoba said he will probably have a nice bruise tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Sounds like you were at the game. Looks like many empty seats. How many fans were at the game?
There were just a few hundred. Most weren’t in seats as they had heaters in left field and as you can imagine that was a popular spot as temps dropped. Wednesday game, cool temps I wasnt expecting a large crowd. Think there will be plenty more as temps rise and we get to weekend games at Elliot.

Reaction Score
I was on my way home from work listening to the game on my phone when Cole Chudoba got hit in the arm. Chris Jones on the broadcast was definitely concerned, but Chudoba came back very nicely. In the post game interview, Chudoba said he will probably have a nice bruise tomorrow.
I was shocked he continued. Like it was an absolute bullet right to his arm and you could hear the sound. Tough is an understatement for that kid.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Just getting to the Boneyard after having to do some work after thawing out from the game. A few observations:

Small crowd but the weather had something to do with that.
We were physically bigger than Bryant at every position. In baseball, size doesn't really matter- but the difference in the type of athlete was stark. We have transitioned the roster over the last few years to an athletic roster that can play.

Chudoba got drilled by a liner and I thought he broke his forearm. Penders and the trainer came out to get him but Cole wanted to stay in and that energized the team and especially the dugout. It was to me the turning point in the game.

All the pitchers did well. I liked Sam Favieri's outing. His breaking ball was really good. Cooke is having location issues right now. He is wild in the strike zone and I wonder if the long stint against USC took something out of him.

Bryant's pitchers had trouble with the strike zone and gave up 9 walks.

Stock is on a Kyler Fedko type run. He isn't missing the baseball.

Huber looked off at the plate but still drew 2 walks.

It was good to see Chris Brown swing the bat better.

Padilla is very aggressive but expands the strike zone and causes swings and misses. Almost like he decides he is swinging at the first or next pitch, damned the location. He definitely gets his hacks in.

Casey Dana is so smooth at the plate.

I was concerned with the short turnaround from flying in yesterday and playing today. These New England games are must wins to keep up our hopes of tournament and even hosting. We got a look at a lot of the depth and that will play well down the road.

Nice to see the concessions stand open and they sell beer in the stadium. Last year due to Covid, none of that was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom