Men - #25 UConn @ Kent State Golden Flashes (Fri. 4/1/22 @3p, Sat. 4/2/22 @1p & Sun. 4/3/22 @ 1p). Games streamed on KSU BoxCast and UConn Audio on Mixlr. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Men #25 UConn @ Kent State Golden Flashes (Fri. 4/1/22 @3p, Sat. 4/2/22 @1p & Sun. 4/3/22 @ 1p). Games streamed on KSU BoxCast and UConn Audio on Mixlr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bottom 8th, a single followed by a hit and run single puts runners on the corners with 1 out. Squeeze bunt for a single brings in a run to make it 5-4 Kent State. Sullivan gets the final 2 outs with no more runs coming in.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Sad Talk To Me GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reaction Score
Top 9th, UConn goes down in order, and take a 5-4 loss.
With a 1 run lead in the 7th, and the first batter aboard on a walk you then think you need to send him? Another little league play by Penders.

Reaction Score
Surprised he was not more disappointed in at bats. Sundays have not been days of offensive explosion yet you are almost always facing teams third best starter….they mash the better pitchers and struggle on sundays. Won the weekend…but these are not RPI jumpers. Need some 8-9 run games on these days to turn 2/3 to sweeps…

Reaction Score
UCSD and Kent seemed similar to me - of course, both had me glancing at the real Live Stats batter to batter. Kent didn't seem to overwhelm us with great pitching far deep onto their staff. (UCSD did) Kent had a bunch of gritty batters 1 through 9 and we didn't get the outs we needed; then ... Kent got timely plays to get the needed run across. We really aren't tough in these third games of the trip late. And we have too many of our important hitters not showing up in later innings. We are starting to weed out the pitching bullpen as to who is absolutely reliable. I think our BE conference will not be a great test week after week. We need to get better.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
UC San Diego just won a road series at LBSU. Kent won at Coastal Carolina earlier this year. All 6 of those games were on the road and we took both series.

I am fine with those results. Going 2-2 vs BC and URI (with 3 being home games) concerns me far more.

Reaction Score
UC San Diego just won a road series at LBSU. Kent won at Coastal Carolina earlier this year. All 6 of those games were on the road and we took both series.

I am fine with those results. Going 2-2 vs BC and URI (with 3 being home games) concerns me far more.

UConn has another game with BC later in about 2 weeks. Currently BC is in the top 100 RPI, and that game is at BC, so should UConn win that one, that should be a nice resume boost. Whatever the case, the BC game will not be an easy game.

UConn currently has 8 games left on its schedule against teams in the top 100 RPI, including Big East weekend series against Xavier and Creighton. Yale is currently sitting at 100 in the RPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom