247: Vital set to visit his 'ideal' school | Page 2 | The Boneyard

247: Vital set to visit his 'ideal' school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well he did just say he was looking forward to the visit. Frankly as a HS kid, who wouldn't be looking forward to a lap dance.
"In the dorm, you say?! And they pay for it? Why that would be ideal!"

WOW! I just committed to Louisville lol

Reaction Score
Somebody call Cane Broome.

I fear that we screwed that one up because he likely would have been a solid contributor 2 years from now - one that we could absolutely have used.

Hard to play all your cards right with so many simultaneous moving pieces. However, I really do think that we screwed the pooch w/ Cane. Kid has proven he is a solid D1 player, likely not a pro level player, but a solid college player - particularly AAC level.

The Vann thing is also a bit odd in that this is another likely solid player 2 years from now. However, we thought we were likely gonna get Vital and Thompson and now both seem far far less likely.

No one said recruiting is easy, but that's why these guys get paid huge money and benefits. They cant complain with the cushy situation and $$ they get paid. Just get it done.

Reaction Score
I fear that we screwed that one up because he likely would have been a solid contributor 2 years from now - one that we could absolutely have used.

Hard to play all your cards right with so many simultaneous moving pieces. However, I really do think that we screwed the pooch w/ Cane. Kid has proven he is a solid D1 player, likely not a pro level player, but a solid college player - particularly AAC level.

The Vann thing is also a bit odd in that this is another likely solid player 2 years from now. However, we thought we were likely gonna get Vital and Thompson and now both seem far far less likely.

No one said recruiting is easy, but that's why these guys get paid huge money and benefits. They cant complain with the cushy situation and $$ they get paid. Just get it done.

I really don't get how you can speculate on what the staff thought they were getting or how they played the Vann situation when no one on this board knows the staff's thought process on this. You have zero idea what happened with Vann, none of us do. I don't see any complaining from the staff either, what in the world are you talking about with that last comment? Just an overall bizarre post.

Reaction Score

These posts are the best.

Reaction Score
I really don't get how you can speculate on what the staff thought they were getting or how they played the Vann situation when no one on this board knows the staff's thought process on this. You have zero idea what happened with Vann, none of us do. I don't see any complaining from the staff either, what in the world are you talking about with that last comment? Just an overall bizarre post.

Of course, none of us know exactly what the coaches are thinking. That goes without saying. we can make inferences from what we see and then post our opinions and discuss them here on the board - that's what its here for.

Do you think that the coaches weren't / aren't serious on Vital and TT? Its near the end of their recruitment with a decision real soon and UCONN had them on campus for official visit. Highly likely scholarships were/have been offered to both and they left without a commit to UCONN. Certainly not over, but far less likely that they will commit to UCONN especially since they also immediately set up visits w/ 'Ville and SH respectively.

I understand about not wanting to spook MAL with another PG commit who would be playing when MAL may be at UCONN but a bird in the hand.....

All in all, just posting my honest opinion for discussion. Like it - Great. Don't like it - Great as well. I'll take it either way.

Last point on coaches and $$, just saying we expect RESULTS. I know their jobs aren't easy but they are paid accordingly based on the importance and difficulty of the job. As a result, the UCONN community expects (like it or not) that we will get excellent talent here and beat out schools that we should. Again, not a big deal at this point, just saying - in the end we expect results. Overall, HCKO and staff are doing a solid job hopefully improved results record / NCAA tourney wise next year.

Reaction Score
Of course, none of us know exactly what the coaches are thinking. That goes without saying. we can make inferences from what we see and then post our opinions and discuss them here on the board - that's what its here for.

Do you think that the coaches weren't / aren't serious on Vital and TT? Its near the end of their recruitment with a decision real soon and UCONN had them on campus for official visit. Highly likely scholarships were/have been offered to both and they left without a commit to UCONN. Certainly not over, but far less likely that they will commit to UCONN especially since they also immediately set up visits w/ 'Ville and SH respectively.

I understand about not wanting to spook MAL with another PG commit who would be playing when MAL may be at UCONN but a bird in the hand.....

All in all, just posting my honest opinion for discussion. Like it - Great. Don't like it - Great as well. I'll take it either way.

Last point on coaches and $$, just saying we expect RESULTS. I know their jobs aren't easy but they are paid accordingly based on the importance and difficulty of the job. As a result, the UCONN community expects (like it or not) that we will get excellent talent here and beat out schools that we should. Again, not a big deal at this point, just saying - in the end we expect results. Overall, HCKO and staff are doing a solid job hopefully improved results record / NCAA tourney wise next year.

They had them in for official visits, obviously they were serious about them. Your comment about "we" thought we were getting Thompson and Vital and the connection you somehow made to Vann and whatever happened to his visit makes little sense to me. You can post whatever you want, I just wish it was actually rooted in sound reason and logic.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The fact the UConn has to compete with L'Ville for recruits is sad. UConn is now a real first rate public university.
This should be a no-brainer(pun intended).

C

Chief00

The fact the UConn has to compete with L'Ville for recruits is sad. UConn is now a real first rate public university.
This should be a no-brainer(pun intended).

Most guys don't make a selection based on good academics. UNC invisible courses actually seemed to help their recruiting at the time.

Reaction Score
If he commits to Louisville, doing something like this is just not nice.
image.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Should read Ville is his wet dream school. Kid wants a fun weekend is all.

Reaction Score
My experience has taught me that dreams and reality are totally different concepts. In addition failed dreams are a common occurrence especially for the young (who are full of dreams).

Reaction Score
Quinn is not our friend. Enoch and Drummind went to UConn despite Quinn.

I keep hearing this. Does anyone know what his problem is with UConn? I can't imagine he has any problems with KO.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I keep hearing this. Does anyone know what his problem is with UConn? I can't imagine he has any problems with KO.

He beat Chief at "New England Good Old Boys Basketball Coach/Booster Poker Night" one time too many.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Goes back to Ajou Deng and his perceived treatment at UConn, no?

Kinda - there was some unpleasantness there.

But a lot of that has passed with the old guard and I think Ollie and Quinn are fine.

I'm more concerned about Diallo and the NY Rens.

Reaction Score
Kinda - there was some unpleasantness there.

But a lot of that has passed with the old guard and I think Ollie and Quinn are fine.

I'm more concerned about Diallo and the NY Rens.

Rens coach is Coach K's nephew or something like that and played at Duke. I know that the Rens do have people around their team that are not UConn friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom