MHver3 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

MHver3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If BYB is Backyard Brawl (keep in mind that he used the term we), all credibility goes out the window (unless you believe that WVU has had inside information all along).

He's a WVU fan.

MHver3

@MHver3

Mountaineers sports rumors, news, and assorted Big12 goodness.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I do, and I'm sure most others do as well.

Flipping you get to see the current score/situation. And if they've switched to another game.
I want to watch whatever game is most interesting at that time. I doubt I'm alone in that preference.

Best way to watch:

Turn on channel 4. Watch what is on channel 4. Consider watching what channel 4 promotes in the future.

Reaction Score
Best way to watch:

Turn on channel 4. Watch what is on channel 4. Consider watching what channel 4 promotes in the future.

Uh, you might want to consider that not everyone has the same channel 4 as you. Unless you're telling me to watch CBS.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Uh, you might want to consider that not everyone has the same channel 4 as you. Unless you're telling me to watch CBS.

You missed the reference to other threads.

Reaction Score
@MHver3: The B10 will make waves. Not a splash. 4 separate states south of the mason Dixon.

@MHver3: GT. UNC. UVA. Miami. It's well documented that the U is my 2nd favorite team. Do I think it's a good fit? Not really but WVU is in the B12..

Reaction Score
Also:

MHver3@MHver3
Firm controlling BigEast tv negotiations advising BE officials to take the contract to the open market

MHver3@MHver3
News has been slow lately but big things are brewing. I'm gonna update my expansion alert level from yellow to orange. Big Ten eyeing 4

MHver3@MHver3
BigEast decision on staying with espn or seeking greener pastures could very well start the festivities.

MHver3@MHver3
The B10 will make waves. Not a splash. 4 separate states south of the mason Dixon.

MHver3@MHver3
Sources saying their is mutual interest among the four schools who have been contacted via back channels.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A school like UNC can't just pick up and leave the ACC. It's bit more politically explosive than that.

The Big 10 needs to get southern schools though - only way they can keep level of play high. Will slowly fake tied off from recruiting the south.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
A school like UNC can't just pick up and leave the ACC. It's bit more politically explosive than that.

The Big 10 needs to get southern schools though - only way they can keep level of play high. Will slowly fake tied off from recruiting the south.

Agreed. But if something like that ever did occur, the end game would be upon us, and UConn would be looking at a conference comprised of the likes of Wake, Duke, MD, Pitt, SU, BCU, Temple, USF and some of the NBE members.

Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3
The B10 will make waves. Not a splash. 4 separate states south of the mason Dixon.

But who are the 4? MD, VA, UNC, GT?
Not exactly a murderer's row.
And I too am skeptical about the Heels ability to venture off.

Fla St would be news, but not sure I can see B10 going that bold.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
But who are the 4? MD, VA, UNC, GT?
Not exactly a murderer's row.
And I too am skeptical about the Heels ability to venture off.

Fla St would be news, but not sure I can see B10 going that bold.
The first four would fit the academic profile best (over other ACC teams) but I'd be mildly surprised if this move is made now. If they do go I'd be slightly less excited about the ACC invite to UConn and Rutgers that would inevitably follow (but not enough to make the NBE more attractive, again on an academics/admissions basis). If that scenario happens we'd still be joining an OBE lineup that we thought we were upgrading to in the first place (BC Pitt Cuse VT RU Miami UConn) with the ACC leftovers, plus Notre Dame (partial) minus Temple, and that would be the case even if FSU and Clemson also leave the ACC. I guess NC State and VT might go SEC, but we'd still be playing Duke in hoops and Wake is the southern BC.

Anyway, I don't think UNC pulls the trigger, and if they don't go I don't think any of the others go, except maybe GT. The Miami thing is a drug-addled delusion.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There's no chance that this rumor is even a teeny bit true.

Reaction Score
Agreed. There's no way UNC voluntarily leaves the ACC. People like to complain how much they run the conference. I think that's way less true than people want to believe, but UNC is still exactly where they want to be. Not to mention, what the hell would the Big 10 do with a private school like Miami? And honestly, how do state schools like UNC and UVA leave other in-state schools (VT, NC State) in the dust. Politically it won't happen. Not to mention all these schools just voted to approve a $50 million exit fee. These moves don't just happen overnight. No school approves to raise its own exit fee when it's imminently considering leaving.

Reaction Score
MD might have a way around the exit fee in the courts since they voted against it. The others if they voted for it wouldn't be able to. Plus MD doesn't have a sister state school to worry about.

Reaction Score
This stuff is fun to read as I eat my breakfast before heading to today's game. I really don't think MHver3 has the sources some of you think he has, but it seems he just states likely, probable, possible, or improbable events.

I think the Big 1G needs to expand. Why? The demographics and economic outlook of the Midwest are not favorable, so it's not rocket science to think they would love to expand with schools from the mid Atlantic and South. In addition, and I have thought about this for a while. The ACC MAY now be a more attractive conference for Penn State with BC, Syracuse, Pitt, MD, ND, and Miami who are all traditional rivals. And, it gets Penn St into the Southeast/Florida for recruiting and alumni. If Penn State left the Big 1G, football would take a serious blow and the ACC would surpass the Big 1G as a football conference.

Remember, few of the Big 1G have natural recruiting advantages, although many have large fan bases.

I'm not saying this is a high probability, but the Big 1G may decide to expand to improve their long term outlook.

Reaction Score
. The ACC MAY now be a more attractive conference for Penn State

Check your calendar. It's 2012, and Penn St is in NO position to make a bold move. And, seriously, the ACC over the Big 10? Their current prez would have to be even dumber than their last one, and that's pretty dumb.

pj

Reaction Score
Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, even if you thought the ACC was 2 B1Gs, which it isn't.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Possible scenarios for Uconn in order of likelihood:

Joins the ACC as a replacement for one or more schools leaving for the B12.

Joins the ACC as a replacement for one or more schools leaving for the B10.

Remains in the BE.

Joins the Arena Football League.

Drops 1-A football.

Joins the B12.

All other inter-dimensional possibilities.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
"Remains in the BE" is still #1 until we get some reports of negotiations from an actual reporter.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Also:

MHver3@MHver3
Firm controlling BigEast tv negotiations advising BE officials to take the contract to the open market

MHver3@MHver3
News has been slow lately but big things are brewing. I'm gonna update my expansion alert level from yellow to orange. Big Ten eyeing 4

MHver3@MHver3
BigEast decision on staying with espn or seeking greener pastures could very well start the festivities.

MHver3@MHver3

MHver3@MHver3
Sources saying their is mutual interest among the four schools who have been contacted via back channels.

My guess is that nelsonmuntz is MHver3 or...

MHver3 is nelsonmuntz...

:confused:

Reaction Score
Conference realignment,this football season, and post season basketball ban are making college athletics very unappealing.

Reaction Score
Check your calendar. It's 2012, and Penn St is in NO position to make a bold move. And, seriously, the ACC over the Big 10? Their current prez would have to be even dumber than their last one, and that's pretty dumb.

Penn State wouldn't join in the near future, just like ND is not joining the ACC in football in the near future. BUT, if you were the ACC, wouldn't you hold the 16th spot for PSU for the possibility that ND eventually joins in football? My scenario is for 5 to 10 years down the road. Remember, Joe Paterno wanted an Eastern football conference and now there is one with all of the Eastern independents that PSU has traditional rivalries with.

Reaction Score
This stuff is fun to read as I eat my breakfast before heading to today's game. I really don't think MHver3 has the sources some of you think he has, but it seems he just states likely, probable, possible, or improbable events.

Much like here eh?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My guess is that nelsonmuntz is MHver3 or...

MHver3 is nelsonmuntz...

:confused:

LOL. MHver3 is a WVU fan. That program can burn itself to the ground for all I care.

As I have said before, MHver3 seems to know the TV stuff really, really well, and I think he really is an "insider" for TV contracts. I think he is no better than Frank the Tank or theDudeofWV or purplecat on NW's board any of the other blowhard bloggers when it comes to expansion. He talks about what kind of makes sense or what he wants to happen or what some booster told him, but doesn't have any real insight.

Yes, UNC, UVa and GTech make a lot of sense for the Big 10 based on academics and scholastic mission of the schools. Miami makes none at all. I think WVU fans have a huge burr in their saddle about the ACC, and create scenarios for the ACC's destruction that flirt with plausibility. This is not one of those scenarios. The $50MM exit fee is an insurmountable hurdle, and unless their is a legal end-run out of it, no schools are leaving, not even for the Big 10. Until MHver3 explains how the Big 10 and these 4 schools will get out of $200MM in exit fees, this rumor is just a message board fantasy.

Reaction Score
How many rational, valid insiders make up pseudo friends on the Internet to validate their claims? MHver3 IMHO is a decently intelligent guy who spends all day reading boards to come up with his "insider poop".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom