24-25 Preseason Rankings | Page 4 | The Boneyard

24-25 Preseason Rankings

Reaction Score
I'd say UCLA, USC, and Texas have joined Scar in the top 4.

I'd say LSU, UCONN, Notre Dame seem poised right behind them. Maybe Oklahoma in that group.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One person's opinion. An aside, i love the emojis beside each of the teams names.

Reaction Score
Respectfully to @triaddukefan but y Duke over Ohio State, Oklahoma or TCU
That's a good question.

I'd say that Duke's momentum (incoming recruits, last season's S16 run, zero portal casualties, return of VDJ, keeping Kara Lawson) should warrant Top 10 preseason status. I know people balk at the ugliness of the offense (and that may be addressed this upcoming season), but we'll see what happens with continued player growth (Reigan Richardson had herself an NCAAT in 2024) and added pieces. The defense continues to be elite. I'd like to get another defensive-minded big, but we'll see how that shakes out.

I thought about Ohio State (great portal haul), but there are some issues with them. First, they lost Jacy Sheldon. To me, that's a huge hole that doesn't easily get filled. Jacy was the heart and soul of the program, the team's best player on both sides of the ball, and the type of leader that any program would want to have out of a senior/fifth year player. Second, they're going to have to rely heavily on the maturation process of Cotie McMahon. I've been a vocal critic of hers on here regarding her poor attitude and the lack of growth in her game. She can be an All-American, but she'll have to work for it. For Ohio State to be a Top 10 team, she's going to have to grow up--pure and simple. I don't know that she's ready to take that leadership plunge. Third, I don't trust Kevin McGuff as a coach. He will find a way to come up short.

I didn't give Oklahoma much of a thought despite the addition of Beers. Right now, they are--at best--the 4th best team in the SEC. Not really sure if they'll be closer to the Top 3 (South Carolina, Texas, LSU) or closer to a team like Alabama (who I expect to be good but not SEC contender good).

TCU shouldn't be ranked at all to start the season, much less Top 10.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Respectfully to @triaddukefan but y Duke over Ohio State, Oklahoma or TCU

My lasting memory of Ohio State is them getting their arses whipped by a Duke team that returns 9 of the 11 players who suited up in the game. They lost a special player at PG and also the Big 10 defensive player of the year at the other guard spot. I know they picked up a haul in the portal but can't see them as a top 10 squad preseason. Oklahoma has a better case. But they play zero defense.

Reaction Score
My lasting memory of Ohio State is them getting their arses whipped by a Duke team that returns 9 of the 11 players who suited up in the game. They lost a special player at PG and also the Big 10 defensive player of the year at the other guard spot. I know they picked up a haul in the portal but can't see them as a top 10 squad preseason. Oklahoma has a better case. But they play zero defense.
Salute. I actually agree with this pretty much. Completely forgot that Duke was the team to defeat Ohio State.

I'm high on Oklahoma - won the Big 12 and added a borderline All American but I get that top 10 may be a bit premature. I'm going to keep talking up TCU cuz I think they are being wildly underrated but top 10 is probably a stretch as well. I think Duke will be good next year, but top ten seems like really high expectations.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As of May 6th 9:47pm EST

1. SCAR
2. ND
3. Texas
4. U$C
5. UCONN
6. UCLA
7. L$U
8. State