-23 on the Boards | The Boneyard

-23 on the Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Key to the season is improving our defensive rotations and defensive rebounding. Offense will come, but if we do not fix the defense and rebounding. We will not advance past the first weekend.

Reaction Score
We don't even hit the offensive board. There are never any Huskies there n the paint.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, this isnt really an area of the game you teach, its something you recruit for, and Im not sure if "small ball" is the answer.

Reaction Score
Rebound margin is dead. Don't use rebounding margin.

Reb %:
Maryland rebounded 37% of their own misses and we rebounded 12.2% of our misses. Subtract from 100 to get the respective defensive rebounding numbers.

We give up 29% and rebound 32.8% of our own misses on the season.

I agree that along with fouling on almost every contest, this was the reason we lost the game.

Reaction Score
We go after offensive boards in basketball the same way we return punts in football. We just don't even try.

Reaction Score
Rebound margin is dead. Don't use rebounding margin.

Reb %:
Maryland rebounded 37% of their own misses and we rebounded 12.2% of our misses. Subtract from 100 to get the respective defensive rebounding numbers.

We give up 29% and rebound 32.8% of our own misses on the season.

I agree that along with fouling on almost every contest, this was the reason we lost the game.

Spin it anyway you want to but 45-22 blows. ;) lol

Reaction Score
Spin it anyway you want to but 45-22 blows. ;) lol

When the other team turns the ball over more, goes to the foul line more, and you miss more shots, you're going to lose the "rebounding margin" every time.

But the %'s still show them killing us on the boards, which is what happened.

Reaction Score
When the other team turns the ball over more, goes to the foul line more, and you miss more shots, you're going to lose the "rebounding margin" every time.

But the %'s still show them killing us on the boards, which is what happened.

But the reason still is because they did kill us on the boards.

Reaction Score
Yes, just don't use rebound margin to show it. Because it doesn't (at least not accurately).

No the one's and done's with no white shirts near the rim showed it, didn't need the margin. LOL

Reaction Score
Shonn Millers lack of rebounding and porous d has been stunning.

For someone as long, athletic, quick and strong as he is, it really makes no sense how ineffective he has been in both areas.

Now he's probably been our second best player this year so I'm not blaming him. But all of his contribution comes on offense. which is nice and all. But we desperately need him to rebound.

And for someone touted as a defensive ace, he gets lit up every single game by his man and his help d is non existent.

Reaction Score

For someone as long, athletic, quick and strong as he is, it really makes no sense how ineffective he has been in both areas.

Now he's probably been our second best player this year so I'm not blaming him. But all of his contribution comes on offense. which is nice and all. But we desperately need him to rebound.

And for someone touted as a defensive ace, he gets lit up every single game by his man and his help d is non existent.

He plays good defense more than not for sure. When he anticipates or tends to guess he gets torched and we all see that. But he is normally solid on D and needs to make up for others at times.

Rebounding is a mystery I agree, not sure why because he should be more effective. But at 12/5 he's still an improvement and will get better I believe.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Yeah it's the help D that astonishes me. Free lay ups and dunks every second half. Crazy.

Reaction Score
The biggest issue with our rebounding is our bigs going for blocks leaving their man who gets an easy rebound. Need to gang rebound when that happens, but Stone is too big and strong for that. He had 6 orebs alone.

Reaction Score

I agree about SM on rebounding and d. He is having issues in this area but he is our only inside presence on offense so we can't lose him.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Our big never gets near it but Facey does. He needed more minutes today.
Where on earth was K-Face tonight?! I was borderline screaming this for awhile, even when we went small - why not Facey at the 5?!

Not a fan of KO's subs today, especially when he went to Phil over Facey at times but you would figure that some adjustments would have been made but they weren't

Reaction Score
Yeah it's the help D that astonishes me. Free lay ups and dunks every second half. Crazy.
Sad but they were blowing by our wings and guards, coming down the lane. Our help D if aggressive would have fouled out in the 1st half.

Stop the fukking penetration. It was like a 'free basket' sign was on the backboard and they were going hell bent on getting some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom