22 Seasons and For the 1st Time Just Unenthused | Page 2 | The Boneyard

22 Seasons and For the 1st Time Just Unenthused

Reaction Score
I’ve been with program since 98 buying season tickets, and religiously enjoying UConn football game days. I have always been hopeful (even when you shouldn’t be) and excited coming into a new season. But for some reason this year, I am having trouble even trying to care. Is it the lost year? The lack of progress with RE? Going Indy? Anybody else feel the same way? Even through PP, Red Pants, and RE2 season 1 and 2, the belief was there. I don’t get it.
You haven't seen them play In two springs and a season plus we weren't very good seasons prior. Info content from the beat writers is not there. I think when we hear about June camps and hopefully start getting verbals from recruits then that will start picking up your interest. You have always been enthused when we get those verbals! During August camp you're going to be fired up! Hang in there.

Reaction Score
I’ve been with program since 98 buying season tickets, and religiously enjoying UConn football game days. I have always been hopeful (even when you shouldn’t be) and excited coming into a new season. But for some reason this year, I am having trouble even trying to care. Is it the lost year? The lack of progress with RE? Going Indy? Anybody else feel the same way? Even through PP, Red Pants, and RE2 season 1 and 2, the belief was there. I don’t get it.
Read all the comments. Football folks are very patient and loyal. I hope you get a good season. Football fans deserve so much more than you have been getting. Yes, I am not a big football guy, but, UCONN sports are my passion. Go HUSKIES.!

Reaction Score
i feel that way too, but I expect to rebound as the season draws near. It's all because of the pandemic. Let's just hope we can get back to the Rent this year.

Reaction Score
i feel that way too, but I expect to rebound as the season draws near. It's all because of the pandemic. Let's just hope we can get back to the Rent this year.
Agreed. I think a great Saturday football game will be good for the soul.

Reaction Score
If this team performs well you will get the lead back in your pencil!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm excited for the first time in awhile. Maybe it's because of the lack of a season last year. Maybe it's the slow comfort I'm feeling with everything now that I'm vaccinated. Who knows? I won't be at games but for the first time in over a year, or longer, I care about CFB. I'm looking forward to Saturdays in the Fall. I wish I'd be at some games but I'm not there yet. However, I miss watching UConn football. That sentiment may change after a few games but right now I'm excited to finally want to watch a CFB game I care about!

Reaction Score
Nothing replaces going to the games. I saw the Packers play in Indy and I went to the NFC Championship Game in Lambeau this year. Was so nice to see live football - so I'm excited for the season just for that.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
On top of that - my son is going to be on the Northwestern Football training staff this year as part of his grad school work. So I'm going to go to some good B1G matchups.
Most excellent. Really hoping we can ink a H&H with NW in the coming years.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
It was there or Vandy - I thought NW was a better choice because I think they run a better program. Would have been nice to be in the SEC but I think he made the right choice.
I love Chicago over Nashville. If I was in my 20's or early 30's and unmarried, and I could do it over, I'd move to Chicago.

Reaction Score
On top of that - my son is going to be on the Northwestern Football training staff this year as part of his grad school work. So I'm going to go to some good B1G matchups.
Hey, that’s awesome. Good for him (and you).

Reaction Score
I love Chicago over Nashville. If I was in my 20's or early 30's and unmarried, and I could do it over, I'd move to Chicago.
Have you been there in the winter? Even the spring can really feel like winter!

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Have you been there in the winter? Even the spring can really feel like winter!
I have. I don't mind winter so it doesn't bother me. ?

Reaction Score
We’re underdogs to Yale. Good God, can it get any more depressing?
Most of these sports writers are predicting these wins on what we were in 2019..
they have no knowledge and frankly we don’t either on how these kids have worked, learned the playbook and matured.
I could give a crap what they think about the team.. but I see some of the posts the players have written and I saw some interviews. These players want IT bad.. whether it’s 5 plus wins or that bowl ring they think they can get.. the want is there which I haven’t seen in past years from them.
I’ll hold my judgement till I see a few games.. and I’m excited to see what they can do..

Reaction Score
Most of these sports writers are predicting these wins on what we were in 2019..
they have no knowledge and frankly we don’t either on how these kids have worked, learned the playbook and matured.
I could give a crap what they think about the team.. but I see some of the posts the players have written and I saw some interviews. These players want IT bad.. whether it’s 5 plus wins or that bowl ring they think they can get.. the want is there which I haven’t seen in past years from them.
I’ll hold my judgement till I see a few games.. and I’m excited to see what they can do..
I can tell you from firsthand knowledge that these boys are digging deep and going for everything they have to win this year.,
They think they can as they say “shock the world” and I’m starting to believe they will..
they are working out diligently during spring break and holding each other accountable. I see the attitude difference in the team as a whole which wasn’t there in 2019.. that year was really bad attitude wise.. lots of negativity.. I’m seeing more wins than what the sports writers are predicting!
We will be better because they are better!
Go Huskies!!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm excited. There are only four games on our schedule that I don't care about (probably because they should be wins): UMASS, MTSU, Yale, and Holy Cross. The other eight games are really interesting and highlight why an independent schedule is better than an American one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom