Reaction Score
BY would meltdown if we won by 50.

"Why did Hurley leave in the starters"
"We should have played zone"
"Not happy X or Y"
"Why did Hurley leave the starters in for too long"
"Why did we play zone, they hit one open 3"

Reaction Score
Ack. Not excited to read this. I was really hoping to see them game the system a bit more with fewer Q4 games in favor of Q3 cupcakes. Did we really need to play a transitioning Div II school?
...said Gonzaga fans last year when they played Dixie State.

...said Kansas fans last year when they played Tarleton State

...said Baylor fans last year when they played Incarnate Word

...said UCLA fans last year when they played Bellarmine

Reaction Score
If we're going to play a horrific NEC team every year, we might as well open against CCSU every time. Keep buy-game money in CT, help out the only other public D1 school in the state with recruiting, maybe sell a couple extra tickets to CCSU alums who are on the fence about going to a UConn game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not an opponent that is worth seeing but I am not at all surprised
Kansas, UCLA, Baylor and Gonzaga can play these teams and still get into the dance and win some NCAA games.
This season, however, to be fair, UConn does play some different but better national opponents early.
This team needs to get that recent NCAA monkey off their backs

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
...said Gonzaga fans last year when they played Dixie State.

...said Kansas fans last year when they played Tarleton State

...said Baylor fans last year when they played Incarnate Word

...said UCLA fans last year when they played Bellarmine

Did those schools just raise prices through the roof and bleed out long time season ticket holders?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure they have a basketball analytics consultant they use to help with optimal scheduling. The problem is even with how bad the non-con was outside of the Bahamas, it has likely minimal impact on the season.

UConn's NET hovered around 15-20 all season long. Partly this was because they played pretty well all season, but also because the Big East had such a strong year. Despite this, I hope the administration and staff realize how bad it is to play so many garbage opponents at home.

I think we all understand a couple games to work on things, give younger guys some minutes, play with rotations and so on, but there is a point where folks are looking for semi - competitive games OR games that have a little regional juice to it. And continually playing teams with no one over 6'7" can only be so instructive. I understand Hurley wants to get some HBCU's in the building like we saw with Coppin State, UMES, and Grambling but these are non-competitive games and can't make up such a substantial portion of the schedule.

They should be looking at reviving the East - West game with Gonzaga from a decade ago, a home and home (NOT MSG, we get SJU at the Garden now so these games need to be deprioritized in neutral venues) with Cuse needs to be brought back, Hurley should be talking to Willard about playing Maryland if it isn't going to happen already via Gavitt Games, Benedict should get another home and home with Auburn his old employer, now that Cox is gone from URI and his former players are gone they should be scheduling URI, the one exception for MSG since they never would come to Connecticut would be Duke at the Garden, Notre Dame would be a fun WBB / MBB doubleheader (at MSG, not Newark yuck), they were supposed to play some games against AAC schools get Memphis back to XL again before those sanctions kick in.

I dunno there are just so many options and obviously can't please everyone, but they just got to stop with playing games in New Jersey, MSG if only necessary, play less teams in the 300+ range, and get better games in Gampel non-con.
UConn’s record with Consultants, doesn’t exactly have a record of producing stellar results.

Reaction Score
I don’t much care who we play - I just want them to stop inviting the absolute dregs.

There’s no reason to play a 300+ team. Do we owe Coppin State money from a gambling debt?

Also, I used to love the mid-season OOC matchup. A good made for TV matchup in late January or early February is great.
I agree about a mid season match-up. Gives a team that may have developed since early on a chance of beating a National type team. Calhoun was so smart in so many ways.

Reaction Score
You think major college sports programs care about what they're giving their fans? That's so cute.
Only when it hits them in the pocket - and that likely happened a week ago. But, Hurley will need to be nudged by the AD.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
UConn’s record with Consultants, doesn’t exactly have a record of producing stellar results.
To be fair, most organizations records with consultants don’t exactly have a record of producing stellar results. Just sayin…

Reaction Score
BY would meltdown if we won by 50.

"Why did Hurley leave in the starters"
"We should have played zone"
"Not happy X or Y"
Well, if Danny was willing to play better teams at home rather than sure wins, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom