22-23 Non-Conference Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

22-23 Non-Conference Schedule

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Good on Duke. I know PB and Celeste Taylor are pretty close. Obviously there is the Canada connection between Day Wilson and AE. Also Duke played SC to a close game last year. Although I don't love their roster in a competitive ACC, I think it will be a good early season test. Which it seems UConn have about 5 before December hits which seems intense. Lol.

Reaction Score
Cool!!! I want to see Duke this year and their new freshman sensation Ashlon Jackson from Sour Lake Texas (Hardin-Jefferson HS). During her high school freshman year, she had hopes of coming to UConn. But 3 years later with our highly/uber talented guard roster such as it is, she didn't see much light at the end of THAT tunnel, thus she made the wise decision to go else where. Kara recruited her hard. I think she's a great fit at Duke. She can play. I predict she'll be one of the top 5 guards in the country her senior year. I'd like to see UConn play Duke in the preseason every other year.

How did she not end up at Texas?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was interested to see the Northeastern game on the schedule too, since I'm an alumni of NU as well. Reggie Lewis, what a player. I always hoped the men's teams would play some day, but the women beat them to it. Hoping the NU Huskies play Paige and the gang tough...
I see that NU’s coach is former Duke player Bridgette Mitchell. My goodness does that make me feel old. The first time I met @UConnCat Mitchell was playing at a prep school game in Connecticut as a member of the Peddie Academy team. A team that was loaded with DI talent, if I recall correctly. Anywho, former Dookie Keturah Jackson is also a member of the staff. One of them might have reached out to Geno for a game - and good for NU For doing so.

@triaddukefan

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see that NU’s coach is former Duke player Bridgette Mitchell. My goodness does that make me feel old. The first time I met @UConnCat Mitchell was playing at a prep school game in Connecticut as a member of the Peddie Academy team. A team that was loaded with DI talent, if I recall correctly. Anywho, former Dookie Keturah Jackson is also a member of the staff. One of them might have reached out to Geno for a game - and good for NU For doing so.

@triaddukefan

Now THOSE were the Huskies I wouldn't have minded playing. Mitchell did a respectable job in her first year in the always tough Colonial. Glad to see Jackson there as well.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How did she not end up at Texas?
Good question. Perhaps she wanted to leave home. Perhaps the chance to get a Duke education and play for Kara was just too good to pass up, or she felt Texas was not a good fit. No doubt she and her parents did their homework, and for some reason decided it was in her best interest to commit to Duke. I don't know Jackson personally, but she doesn't appear the type of person that would bail on Duke and Kara. She will get plenty of playing time as she gains experience and maturity. I'll be checking the box score after every Duke game this season to keep track of her and her progress.

Reaction Score
was Duke Uconn just added? Always thought that was a given they'd play seeing as they want Iowa- Uconn and if Duke played Iowa that might be for an upset.

Reaction Score
was Duke Uconn just added? Always thought that was a given they'd play seeing as they want Iowa- Uconn and if Duke played Iowa that might be for an upset.
that makes sense the way you described it. thanks for sharing! yes i definitely hope for an iowa-uconn match up at all costs! if iowa had to play uconn first they’d probably just complain, fans more than team at least.

Reaction Score
that makes sense the way you described it. thanks for sharing! yes i definitely hope for an iowa-uconn match up at all costs! if iowa had to play uconn first they’d probably just complain, fans more than team at least.
Make no mistake this tournament is for ratings. In the men's side it is set up for Duke Gonzaga to be the final.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was interested to see the Northeastern game on the schedule too, since I'm an alumni of NU as well. Reggie Lewis, what a player. I always hoped the men's teams would play some day, but the women beat them to it. Hoping the NU Huskies play Paige and the gang tough...
By the way, the UConn and NU men played several times when Calhoun was the coach. JC used to coach there and apparently the relationship stayed strong.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Make no mistake this tournament is for ratings. In the men's side it is set up for Duke Gonzaga to be the final.
Aren’t all tourneys set up for ratings?

Reaction Score
Revisiting this thread after the PB injury. One good thing is it seems a lot of these games are at home. I'm not sure how good Florida State will be this season, but atleast that is in CT as well/ I think the question is, and I'm sure we'll be analyzing for the next couple months but can we get through the opening stretch through Dec 18th with under 3 losses.

Reaction Score
If they can beat Texas and NC St, I think their confidence levels will rise. It will tell them they can still win against real competition even without Paige. Similarly, the Iowa game could be a significant confidence builder since this is essentially the same squad they dominated in the tournament two years ago. And of course beating ND would be huge for all sorts of reasons.

There’s a lot riding on each of these games, but they may prove to be perfectly timed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom