21-22 Conference Schedule is Out | Page 7 | The Boneyard

21-22 Conference Schedule is Out

Reaction Score
I was at that Florida game. It may have been a top 10 noise game I went to. That was almost a decade ago when fans still actually attended Gampel games.
why are you trying to crap on our student fanbase? not a good look for anyone.

i'd be pissed if i were a student too. the 50/50 split between arenas is weird. nova and gtown only play a couple games per year at wells fargo and the verizon center and they are significantly bigger than their on campus arenas, which XL is not

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

i'd be pissed if i were a student too. the 50/50 split between arenas is weird. nova and gtown only play a couple games per year at wells fargo and the verizon center and they are significantly bigger than their on campus arenas, which XL is not
Don't shoot the messenger, bendem. The student fans have been down for years. I just reported what was there. In the 2nd to the last Gampel game of the season, a game that meant something, all of the students fit into that floor section behind the hoop. The other two student sections were bereft of students, the folks sitting there were like me, moving over from the bench seats to get some leg room.

Instead of sticking one's head in the sand, perhaps one could be honest and wonder if the BB teams and the student body need work on reengagement. That's why I'm liking that First Night is students only.

Reaction Score
Don't shoot the messenger, bendem. The student fans have been down for years. I just reported what was there. In the 2nd to the last Gampel game of the season, a game that meant something, all of the students fit into that floor section behind the hoop. The other two student sections were bereft of students, the folks sitting there were like me, moving over from the bench seats to get some leg room.

Instead of sticking one's head in the sand, perhaps one could be honest and wonder if the BB teams and the student body need work on reengagement. That's why I'm liking that First Night is students only.

I think the solution here is simple. Winning solves everything. Win, keep winning, win at a high level. That's the good/better/best scenario to maximize student engagement. None of the current students were around when the program last had big success. It'll take a bit to build the momentum again.

Side question, how many student season ticket holders are there and/or how many are available?

Reaction Score
My thoughts on Gampel vs Hartford are well established (I very much prefer games be at Gampel), but now that we’re back in the Big East it’s a less important issue to me. Splitting games between an on campus arena and an intown, pro-style arena fits, culturally, with what other Big East schools do and now we’re playing opponents that could (in theory) justify wanting to have a higher capacity option. Forcing games with ECU or whomever to be in Hartford in front of like 6k people remains incredibly stupid, though lol

Reaction Score

Bendm, I believe all of georgetown’a games are played off campus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom