2025 Recruiting Targets? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting Targets?

Reaction Score
AJ seems like a basketball obsessed kid so in a vacuum it might work well with uconn but the dad is very involved and might explain some of the weird stuff happening.
His dad is very involved, one of the interviews from last weekend he said his dad is handling all the communication with schools right now and once he decides cuts down his list AJ will start talking to the coaches

Reaction Score
This kid can't stay at a program or school for more than 8 months. Strikes me as a red flag. Obviously the staff knows the story, so if we're on him there's a good reason for the changing teams 4x in 3 years. But if we stop recruiting him seriously, I think we have our answer.
You're right.
DH has said on several occasions that one of the big red flags is playing at three or four high schools and Dybantsa has played at at least three in the past three years if I recall correctly.
This sounds like a big flag being waved, but we probably won't ever know why or why not UConn is or is not recruiting him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
His dad is very involved, one of the interviews from last weekend he said his dad is handling all the communication with schools right now and once he decides cuts down his list AJ will start talking to the coaches
From what I read on the Yard, this sounds like an "easy" recruitment. The father has a vision for his son's next step, Hurley will have his vision. If they match or are similar, UConn will be in it.

Reaction Score
You're right.
DH has said on several occasions that one of the big red flags is playing at three or four high schools and Dybantsa has played at at least three in the past three years if I recall correctly.
This sounds like a big flag being waved, but we probably won't ever know why or why not UConn is or is not recruiting him.

It's entirely possible there's a good reason. Maybe this latest move is because of a coaching change or an academic program or something. I'm not holding it against him, but it could explain some things

Reaction Score
His dad is a police officer from what I heard on the Aaron Torres podcast. Dybansta's father is about structure, discipline, and accountability. There isn't another coach and school where those 3 attributes will be sharpened more than Hurley at UConn. Also keep in mind, Hurley's father, the legendary high school coach Bob Hurley Sr., was a probation officer and I am sure Dan Hurley can draw on that experience in his recruiting discussions with Dybansta's father and relate to him and AJ better.

Who knows where AJ ultimately goes, but UConn will be a major player in his recruitment.
His father, Ace, is a campus police officer at Boston University. Different than a real police officer.

Do you know his father?

Reaction Score
It’s a weird quote for sure, but in the article he specifically names UCLA, then UConn as the schools he knows he wants to visit. Hurley went to watch him in person, so it seems like we’re heavily involved as of this moment.
We probably weren’t as involved as heavily for a three week period from mid March to early April, I’d imagine. Some staffs have more time on their hands during that period than others.

Reaction Score
True story: I coached a kid in AAU who played D2 before going D1 and his dad was a cop who got drunk at the games regularly and fought me in a parking lot over playing time.
Is this one of the reasons why you left coaching basketball altogether?

Reaction Score
His father, Ace, is a campus police officer at Boston University. Different than a real police officer.

Do you know his father?
I see, I didn't know that. I was going strictly off of what was told in the Aaron Torres podcast.

I am living in Boston. Maybe I should drive down Commonwealth Ave and have a quick chat with his pops and make a suggestion on AJ's choice :)

Reaction Score
I see, I didn't know that. I was going strictly off of what was told in the Aaron Torres podcast.

I am living in Boston. Maybe I should drive down Commonwealth Ave and have a quick chat with his pops and make a suggestion on AJ's choice :)
32 Harry Agganis Way if you want to make the trip down Comm Ave. He works the night shift. :)

Reaction Score
Could be a similar fate for PGA detective. Lol
Like the arresting officer in the Scheffler case?

Attachments

• 1716590303922.jpeg
    1716590303922.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 66
Reaction Score
Just watched latest ep of Locked On UConn. AJ and Meleek might be a package deal.
Yep, I watched that. I would take that with a grain of salt, but something to keep an eye on. I think Thomas is the one that has more interest at the moment and he sounds like a player that Hurley would want to recruit. We'll have to wait and see but I think we have much more of a shot at Meleek.

Reaction Score
About a minute in he talks about UConn's 2 main targets (Meleek and AJ).... and how UConn might be pitching to them to play together at UConn.

3 minutes in he says our coaches have been at every single game for both Meleek and AJ

That's not a package deal. A package deal is both or nothing, because they are both going to the same school (UConn, Kentucky, Arkansas, whoever).

They are just UConn's top two targets. If they miss on one, they will still be trying for the other.

Reaction Score
The 'package deal' statement inferred that UConn wants them both and should entice them to come and play together at UConn and chase a championship. It didn't sound at all like it was the player's idea to be a 'package'. (Listen for yourselves at 3:24 of the podcast).

Reaction Score
The 'package deal' statement inferred that UConn wants them both and should entice them to come and play together at UConn and chase a championship. It didn't sound at all like it was the player's idea to be a 'package'. (Listen for yourselves at 3:24 of the podcast).
Thank you for clarifying

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom