2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs

Reaction Score
Let the playoffs begin! Clearly there are some favorites in these matchups but like I tell my players, "This is a new season. Everyone is 0-0. Anything can happen." Then I show them the video of Denver Nuggets shocking the Seattle Supersonics back in the day.

Reaction Score
I think the first round could be pretty boring. Easy to imagine 4 sweeps.

Reaction Score
Let the playoffs begin! Clearly there are some favorites in these matchups but like I tell my players, "This is a new season. Everyone is 0-0. Anything can happen." Then I show them the video of Denver Nuggets shocking the Seattle Supersonics back in the day.
I will never forget that series. The Sonics were by far the best team in the league that year. However, matchups and Mutombo getting in Kemps head thus triggering his ego, became their downfall. Kemp was not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Reaction Score

Came across this article on Detector's website. Like the perspective taken by the writer, Maitreyi Anantharaman to look at key role/bench players for each team.

Reaction Score
I think the first round could be pretty boring. Easy to imagine 4 sweeps.
The First round could be pretty exciting. We never know. On paper and based on what happened during the season, we say "Oh X team is going to sweep Y team" and then during the playoffs, a team could flip the switch and come out the gate hotter than a stolen car! Anything can happen.

Reaction Score
I will never forget that series. The Sonics were by far the best team in the league that year. However, matchups and Mutombo getting in Kemps head thus triggering his ego, became their downfall. Kemp was not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Not to hijack this thread but as a Sonics fan, that Denver/Seattle series just shows how you can never overlook a team, no matter what their record says about them.

Reaction Score
The First round could be pretty exciting. We never know. On paper and based on what happened during the season, we say "Oh X team is going to sweep Y team" and then during the playoffs, a team could flip the switch and come out the gate hotter than a stolen car! Anything can happen.
Said my choices are Las Vegas, and Minnesota for the finals. Sabrina has been outright terrible since coming back from the Olympics.
Next year would like them to have Howard back with Stewie to replace Laney, who they didn't miss when she was out.
Plus Howard gives them another rebounder and defensive presence when Stewie or Jones are out.
Sabally is not an answer for frontcourt help.
Not a coincidence that when Howard left Seattle didn't win another title.

Reaction Score
Said my choices are Las Vegas, and Minnesota for the finals. Sabrina has been outright terrible since coming back from the Olympics.
Next year would like them to have Howard back with Stewie to replace Laney, who they didn't miss when she was out.
Plus Howard gives them another rebounder and defensive presence when Stewie or Jones are out.

They didn’t miss Laney?? Howard over Laney?? You’re gonna have to elaborate…

Reaction Score
I would love to see Minnesota back in the WNBA Finals and winning title #5 :) I swear it seems like the Lynx do not get a lot of credit for being the only Championship caliber franchise in Minnesota.

Reaction Score
It should be unanimous, but we'll see.

And voting was unanimous this year. Dang it, I was hoping for another "who was the fourth place voter?" debate again. ;)

You will get that controversy in the rookie of the year vote.
Actually, somebody gave Reese a 4th place MVP and the Clarkistas say it was Swoops who will vote for Angelfor ROY.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom