2024 UConn Football Commit - Nick Evers (Flower Mound, Texas) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Nick Evers (Flower Mound, Texas)

Reaction Score
I just want our first play to be a 60 yard flag to our fastest receiver, after our QB looks off the safety to the near side of the field.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Lol, the compliance people now have the easiest jobs in the world....

Coach Mora: "A booster just came by and dropped off bags of cash for the players. We good?"

Compliance guy: [not looking up from his phone] "Sure, whatever..."

(I think the only possible alternative to cheat left would be serving a bagel with cream cheese as a snack.)

I was actually wondering a while ago what they even do these days - they probably just send memos about gambling apps every few days or so.

Reaction Score
lol…I think I might be getting over it.

I was excited to see the Evers’ news, but then I remembered that I was excited to see the Roberson news when he transferred in….but now he’s gone and I have to somehow convince myself that a guy who has thrown one pass in three years is the answer because he’s been committed to Florida, Oklahoma and Wisconsin in the past.

And my head says that we’ll name a starter, find out after two or three games that the starter should not have been the starter, so we will name a new starter and then spend the rest of the season climbing out of holes.

It’s simply amazing how hard UConn makes this in an age where directional nowheres have no problems finding starting quarterbacks.
Roberson would have been a terrific qb for us before getting injured in the Utah State game. He wasn't 100% last year after the knee injury.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was actually wondering a while ago what they even do these days - they probably just send memos about gambling apps every few days or so.

The kinds of things we did to get Evers (which everyone who wants to compete should be doing now) would get schools the death penalty not too long ago.

Thank you Tennessee.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The kinds of things we did to get Evers (which everyone who wants to compete should be doing now) would get schools the death penalty not too long ago.

Thank you Tennessee.
We killed a guy?

Reaction Score
No.

I'm not trying to take this out on you, but you're probably the 4th or 5th person I've seen that has asked to "pump our brakes". The answer is no.

This is a fan base. If we can't get excited about the future, then what the hell is the point of all this?? What's the point of being part of a fan board? What's the point of following recruiting? Just watch the results on the ESPN ticker after the game is over???

No...
At least they are trying and investing. I hope they see some success.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Thank you Tennessee.

Until we land a player using six mail order bribes and an elephant to ride around campus, we’re not doing enough.

“I was going to go to Alabama because they offered me a Camaro and then UConn showed up with a harem and gave me this elephant.”

Reaction Score
Roberson would have been a terrific qb for us before getting injured in the Utah State game. He wasn't 100% last year after the knee injury.
Agree. Would have been interested to see how he handled the new WR Corp. But ….

Reaction Score
It’s a product of needing to win now. Old system QB’s RS and then compete to win job.

Now they bring in a Grad Transfer ahead of you,so you never work your way in. You’re probably not able to prove in a game. Gotta use Portal .

I’m comfortable with this Transfer. Hopefully works out for both sides.

Good luck.

Reaction Score
Until we land a player using six mail order bribes and an elephant to ride around campus, we’re not doing enough.

“I was going to go to Alabama because they offered me a Camaro and then UConn showed up with a harem and gave me this elephant.”

In Storrs Fishy lest you forget it better be a Mastodon. That poor Elephant would need a blanky 8 months a year. Could be a good revenue generator for the AD though for UConn elephant blanky sponsors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom