2024 UConn Football Commit - Nick Evers (Flower Mound, Texas) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Nick Evers (Flower Mound, Texas)

Reaction Score
I was initially hopeful when Roberson first came to UConn, "yeah to get a Px transfer". Yet, the past few seasons we've seen our QBs essentially go one and done. Roberson did what he could with a limited offense while coming back from a bad injury. He wasn't a great player, but he went out and competed. I wish him luck...and I wish more luck to whoever becomes the next QB. I just hope we break the trend of our QB having a season ending injury!!!
I was hoping he did better. I think the end issues is a lot of these guys don't quite have the arm and those who initially had speed lost it for various injury reasons. I wish it weren't so.

Reaction Score
I’d be willing to cheat at this point, although I don’t know how you even go about cheating in recruiting these days.

Find out how to cheat. Cheat. Bring in a quarterback that we have cheated to get. Watch football be thrown around like the forward pass wasn’t just invented and has not made its way to East Hartford yet.

I am willing to donate to the cheating fund
I've been advocating for football to cheat for years at this point. It makes too much sense not to.

Go full on Russia with the fake drug testing and tell guys to go wild if they want to. Pull a Pitino and hire strippers. Whatever

Reaction Score
Yay, but at some point, the latest and greatest answer to our woes at quarterback actually needs to be the answer. With Roberson gone, we’re right back at square one…again.
Our problems don’t start and finish with the QB position. But one thing for sure, we are not set-up for a QB that wants to live in the pocket. Our receivers don’t get open and we need a QB who can motor to get things to open up a bit. I like what I am reading about Evers. Roberson may thrive with another team - wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Roberson never passed the eye test. My opinion.
And he sure hit the portal fast, huh?
Welcome Nick. Dive for those loose balls.
Yeah I remember that play last year - Tennessee I think… Where Roberson fumbles inside our 15 yard line and refuses to try and pick it up…. That was cringe worthy And hard to forget.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
I'm not saying I saw this coming because of the 2 Wisconsin cats we got from the portal already, I knew the second he walked in it was guaranteed

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
Lincoln Riley recruits quality QB play, Tanner Mordecai was really good at SMU solid at Wisconsin, Rattler he had a good career all things considered, you know about Caleb, its usually a great sign of their talents. Nick hopefully continues the trend

Reaction Score
I'm not saying I saw this coming because of the 2 Wisconsin cats we got from the portal already, I knew the second he walked in it was guaranteed
Do we have an incoming thread like we have an outgoing thread. It'd be nice if it were cataloged

Reaction Score
Do we have an incoming thread like we have an outgoing thread. It'd be nice if it were cataloged

Reaction Score
Ok. Maybe I screwed up then. When I saw that in the past it had an outgoing list not an incoming list

Edit: oh not the same thread and it's pinned. My fault

Reaction Score
High upside player with a few years of eligibility to work with. Good pick up.

Reaction Score
it's possible that evers will be good, but i think we need to pump the brakes a bit.

this is the third string quarterback for wisconsin, and a kid who reportedly didn't take the time to learn his playbook and was publicly called out by his OC. remember that we were just as excited when TR committed. Until UConn football proves otherwise, I am deeply skeptical

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Our problems don’t start and finish with the QB position. But one thing for sure, we are not set-up for a QB that wants to live in the pocket. Our receivers don’t get open and we need a QB who can motor to get things to open up a bit. I like what I am reading about Evers. Roberson may thrive with another team - wish him the best.
Evers is a dual threat guy and that's what we need. Agreed, though, it doesn't matter if you can make all the throws, if your receivers are going to drop them.

Reaction Score
it's possible that evers will be good, but i think we need to pump the brakes a bit.

this is the third string quarterback for wisconsin, and a kid who reportedly didn't take the time to learn his playbook and was publicly called out by his OC. remember that we were just as excited when TR committed. Until UConn football proves otherwise, I am deeply skeptical
We have a Dan Hurley Playbook?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

No.

I'm not trying to take this out on you, but you're probably the 4th or 5th person I've seen that has asked to "pump our brakes". The answer is no.

This is a fan base. If we can't get excited about the future, then what the hell is the point of all this?? What's the point of being part of a fan board? What's the point of following recruiting? Just watch the results on the ESPN ticker after the game is over???

No...

Reaction Score
I don't know anything about Evers but I do know we need a QB who can get the ball out quicker to open receivers. And also make the decision to run on RPOs vs always handing off. I saw hesitancy to throw in the Spring game from returning experienced QBs. Welliver did not look scared to throw. Being so young his running ability will need some time. Glad we have a new option for this season.

Reaction Score
When UConn wins a bowl game this season under Mora's and Evers' leadership, we can all be proud! Go Huskies!
Wow, I am glad we have a dual threat QB but I don’t think he has the resume to be an automatic starter this Fall. We’ve seen this play before haven’t we?

Last year I saw some Frosh QB’s tearing it up in D1.

Why can’t that be Welliver? I want him to have a legitimate shot to start.

Please let us not anoint anyone just yet no matter how excited we are - Let the best man win the position.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cheating is now legal! You can pay a player whatever you can. Pay up!

Bleeding Blue for Good

No, we’re cheating.

We’re just not sure what’s illegal right now. Once we figure it out, we’re going to do it in spades. Not stopping til the compliance people are throwing themselves out their office windows.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
this schedule, these transfers? these recruits? some talent we have now? I'm excited I think Nick will be good I hope he is, lets go UConn

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No, we’re cheating.

We’re just not sure what’s illegal right now. Once we figure it out, we’re going to do it in spades. Not stopping til the compliance people are throwing themselves out their office windows.
Lol, the compliance people now have the easiest jobs in the world....

Coach Mora: "A booster just came by and dropped off bags of cash for the players. We good?"

Compliance guy: [not looking up from his phone] "Sure, whatever..."

(I think the only possible alternative to cheat left would be serving a bagel with cream cheese as a snack.)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Okay, somewhere in here is that 3-year quarterback plan. Just where is it..."

Book Looking GIF by GritTV

Reaction Score
Wow, I am glad we have a dual threat QB but I don’t think he has the resume to be an automatic starter this Fall. We’ve seen this play before haven’t we?

Last year I saw some Frosh QB’s tearing it up in D1.

Why can’t that be Welliver? I want him to have a legitimate shot to start.

Please let us not anoint anyone just yet no matter how excited we are - Let the best man win the position.

Why can’t McDonald start?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom