2024 UConn Football Commit - Nick Evers (Flower Mound, Texas) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Nick Evers (Flower Mound, Texas)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fixing an offense is pretty straightforward. Good QBs (and WRs) want to play in a good offense. So, hire a guy who has run successful offenses. What's amazing to me is that UConn has hired one successful OC in the past 10 years, Rhett Lashlee. We don't need to hire a successful FBS OC. Hire a successful FCS or D2 OC and let them implement their offense.

I’d be willing to cheat at this point, although I don’t know how you even go about cheating in recruiting these days.

Find out how to cheat. Cheat. Bring in a quarterback that we have cheated to get. Watch football be thrown around like the forward pass wasn’t just invented and has not made its way to East Hartford yet.

I am willing to donate to the cheating fund

Reaction Score
This is a really good get!!

Saw him once live against Plano. Thought he single-handedly won the game for them.

Digging through my notes about him... In high school Evers was known for his arm strength, running speed, and running strength. He was more physically develop compared to many other high schoolers his age. His throws can be off at times because he has some bad habits -- tends to loft the ball -- but nothing that good coaching can't fix. Flower Mound isn't exactly a powerhouse in Dallas, so I some times wondered if he would've been rated higher with different coaching and team support. Tries to do too much at times because of weak support around him. Very good runner. Have seen him tank through DBs and undersized LBs. Good size at 6'3". Can see well over the middle. Good zip to the middle of the field. Overall, kind of raw, but lots of potential under the right coaching staff. The physical parts are there.

Haven't followed him after he went to OU. But interesting that three Wisconsin players transferred here. Dean Engram and Skyler Bell.

Reaction Score
However, seeing Tim Boyle struggle at UConn and then succeed at a Power 5 school and even make it to the NFL, makes one wonder. Is the problem truly with UConn's quarterbacks, or does it stem from a deeper institutional reluctance to embrace the forward pass due to its associated risks?
I get your point, but Tim Boyle went to FCS Eastern Kentucky where he had mediocre stats: 64.2% completion, 2,134 yards, 11 TDs, 13 INTs and didn't throw for more than 2 TDs in a game. And, they redshirting him his first year as he wouldn't have been the starter or backup QB.

Reaction Score
I’d be willing to cheat at this point, although I don’t know how you even go about cheating in recruiting these days.

Find out how to cheat. Cheat. Bring in a quarterback that we have cheated to get. Watch football be thrown around like the forward pass wasn’t just invented and has not made its way to East Hartford yet.

Well, we have a fund to help UConn buy a QB. I've included the link so you can donate. Just instruct them to use your donation to buy a top QB.

Bleeding Blue for Good

Reaction Score

Cheating is just trying. Nothing wrong with it at this point.

Reaction Score
Is the problem truly with UConn's quarterbacks, or does it stem from a deeper institutional reluctance to embrace the forward pass due to its associated risks?
SMH and unfortunately yes, IMHO Head bang

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Roberson never passed the eye test. My opinion.
And he sure hit the portal fast, huh?
Welcome Nick. Dive for those loose balls.
i feel good about this. I remember when Roberson came in and people who saw him at PSU, they said he wasnt good. He has shown nothing to dispel that. Hopefully he finds his mojo somewhere else.

I would have been so disappointed if Roberson was QB1 this year. just more of the same..average arm…below average speed. And I never forgot him not trying to recover his own fumble.

I think Evers will get a real chance to start….if he doesn’t get the job then someone else took the job….at least it will be something different!

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I was initially hopeful when Roberson first came to UConn, "yeah to get a Px transfer". Yet, the past few seasons we've seen our QBs essentially go one and done. Roberson did what he could with a limited offense while coming back from a bad injury. He wasn't a great player, but he went out and competed. I wish him luck...and I wish more luck to whoever becomes the next QB. I just hope we break the trend of our QB having a season ending injury!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is the problem truly with UConn's quarterbacks, or does it stem from a deeper institutional reluctance to embrace the forward pass due to its associated risks?
The forward pass is a gateway to other risky decisions. First you start throwing passes and picking up yardage heading down field and the next thing you know you start running back punts. Risky!

Reaction Score
i feel good about this. I remember when Roberson came in and people who saw him at PSU, they said he wasnt good. He has shown nothing to dispel that. Hopefully he finds his mojo somewhere else.

I would have been so disappointed if Roberson was QB1 this year. just more of the same..average arm…below average speed. And I never forgot him not trying to recover his own fumble.

I think Evers will get a real chance to start….if he doesn’t get the job then someone else took the job….at least it will be something different!
Gotta take the chance. Roberson made good progress with not many open guys. I wish him well. Fighting through the injury etc. he deserves some thanks. I was hoping that he would separate himself.

Whatever they saw during spring made them think otherwise.

Reaction Score
If he actually plays well and leads us to a 8 win season, he’s gone and transferring to a bigger program. And I’m okay with that.

just pleaseee be good

Reaction Score
If he actually plays well and leads us to a 8 win season, he’s gone and transferring to a bigger program. And I’m okay with that.

just pleaseee be good
Not sure that would true for Evers. He's already been at Oklahoma and Wisconsin. I doubt he would want to go to a 4th school.

Reaction Score
Gotta take the chance. Roberson made good progress with not many open guys. I wish him well. Fighting through the injury etc. he deserves some thanks. I was hoping that he would separate himself.

Whatever they saw during spring made them think otherwise.

There was zero progression that’s why he’s out of the complex.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom