2024 UConn Football Commit - Nick Evers (Flower Mound, Texas) | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Nick Evers (Flower Mound, Texas)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yay, but at some point, the latest and greatest answer to our woes at quarterback actually needs to be the answer. With Roberson gone, we’re right back at square one…again.

Reaction Score
Yay, but at some point, the latest and greatest answer to our woes at quarterback actually needs to be the answer. With Roberson gone, we’re right back at square one…again.
We're due for a blind squirrel moment on the offensive side of the ball...whether that be OC, QB, WRs or TEs.

Can say this...the talent transferring in seems to be >>>> the talent transferring out except for Joly.

Of course I also have Stockholm Syndrome from the last decade.... :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Most of the top 50 HS QBs are going to try to win the job at a P5 school and if they don't win, they will enter the portal. In the portal/NIL era, there is no reason that UConn can't bring in one decent transfer QB per year who is ready to play. If a QB doesn't produce, go to the next one. UConn should be able to find a serviceable QB.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're due for a blind squirrel moment on the offensive side of the ball...whether that be OC, QB, WRs or TEs.

Can say this...the talent transferring in seems to be >>>> the talent transferring out except for Joly.

Of course I also have Stockholm Syndrome from the last decade.... :)

lol…I think I might be getting over it.

I was excited to see the Evers’ news, but then I remembered that I was excited to see the Roberson news when he transferred in….but now he’s gone and I have to somehow convince myself that a guy who has thrown one pass in three years is the answer because he’s been committed to Florida, Oklahoma and Wisconsin in the past.

And my head says that we’ll name a starter, find out after two or three games that the starter should not have been the starter, so we will name a new starter and then spend the rest of the season climbing out of holes.

It’s simply amazing how hard UConn makes this in an age where directional nowheres have no problems finding starting quarterbacks.

Reaction Score

This times a million. Thanks for choosing UConn dude, but you have never played a down of college football. You better earn your pay.

Reaction Score
Most of the top 50 HS QBs are going to try to win the job at a P5 school and if they don't win, they will enter the portal. In the portal/NIL era, there is no reason that UConn can't bring in one decent transfer QB per year who is ready to play. If a QB doesn't produce, go to the next one. UConn should be able to find a serviceable QB.

I agree that we need to bring in someone competent eventually. However, seeing Tim Boyle struggle at UConn and then succeed at a Power 5 school and even make it to the NFL, makes one wonder. Is the problem truly with UConn's quarterbacks, or does it stem from a deeper institutional reluctance to embrace the forward pass due to its associated risks?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
lol…I think I might be getting over it.

I was excited to see the Evers’ news, but then I remembered that I was excited to see the Roberson news when he transferred in….but now he’s gone and I have to somehow convince myself that a guy who has thrown one pass in three years is the answer because he’s been committed to Florida, Oklahoma and Wisconsin in the past.

And my head says that we’ll name a starter, find out after two or three games that the starter should not have been the starter, so we will name a new starter and then spend the rest of the season climbing out of holes.

It’s simply amazing how hard UConn makes this in an age where directional nowheres have no problems finding starting quarterbacks.

This tends to happen when you pick your QB's based on trick shot videos or wanting to have a beer with them.

Reaction Score
Fixing an offense is pretty straightforward. Good QBs (and WRs) want to play in a good offense. So, hire a guy who has run successful offenses. What's amazing to me is that UConn has hired one successful OC in the past 10 years, Rhett Lashlee. We don't need to hire a successful FBS OC. Hire a successful FCS or D2 OC and let them implement their offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom