2024 UConn Football Commit - Cole Welliver (Denton, Texas) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Cole Welliver (Denton, Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Landing a legitimate three-star pro style QB, feels awesome.

247 ranks him as the 9th highest recruit in UConn history!

View attachment 88988
O.K., that is a huge get for us and here is hoping he has a huge impact here. Having said that, however, why would anyone post this list as evidence of how impactful this get is. You couldn’t ask for more proof about how overrated recruiting rankings have been for us than this. Of that ten, many had no impact here at all, some were solid players, and none (hopefully Zion Turner will) are the players we think about years later.

Reaction Score
View attachment 88990

This seems like a lot of schools in a short amount of time
Nice to see how thoughtful and well adjusted he sounds. Mature outlook about further developing his skills and making the right choice for his college career. Maybe moving around gave him perspective most kids don't have at his age.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Of that ten, many had no impact here at all, some were solid players, and none (hopefully Zion Turner will) are the players we think about years later.
I love your act as the knee-jerk buzz killer because I feel it comes from the heart. I remember you, even in the face of voluminous disagreement, telling us to slow our roll on Mora. This guy is our new DanO and you aren't going to tell me otherwise.

Reaction Score
I love your act as the knee-jerk buzz killer because I feel it comes from the heart. I remember you, even in the face of voluminous disagreement, telling us to slow our roll on Mora. This guy is our new DanO and you aren't going to tell me otherwise.
That is fair. I get excited about what happens on the court/field. Until a player shows me good or bad while playing, I view what we’re told as more infotainment than information.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He wasn't always that way. 10 years of Pasqualoni, Diaco, RE2 took a toll on him.

Reaction Score
He wasn't always that way. 10 years of Pasqualoni, Diaco, RE2 took a toll on him.
I am in the same space mentally. I want to see results on the field. I thought Diaco's 2015 season to the bowl game was a stepping stone for better things only to look back and notice that it was a fluke

Reaction Score
I am in the same space mentally. I want to see results on the field. I thought Diaco's 2015 season to the bowl game was a stepping stone for better things only to look back and notice that it was a fluke
No offense, but I just don’t see it this way. Are people still waiting for Mora to show them he can coach? Give me a break. This is not Diaco again. Mora is one of the best in his field. I can’t imagine how he needs to “show” anything to any of us.

Reaction Score
No offense, but I just don’t see it this way. Are people still waiting for Mora to show them he can coach? Give me a break. This is not Diaco again. Mora is one of the best in his field. I can’t imagine how he needs to “show” anything to any of us.
Waiting for Mora to show he can coach? Not at all, his resume speaks for itself. I just am jaded by the bad decade of football before last year that it makes me hesitant to be optimistic . But I understand what business lawyer is saying by stating that the performance on the field is what will really prove how good a player is and what they can contribute and not the recruiting rankings

Reaction Score
I think all fans appreciated the pulling out of a nose dive and there are fans that would like to see a trend before declaring a positive change in direction of the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom